October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
TBT Mafia VI: Faithful June
au2UY1O.jpg

TOWN WINS

OBSERVER'S
SCUM
ACTIONS

Everyone has a right to pursue a happy life.
The difficult part is to be given that right.
Everyone has a right to pursue a happy life.
The difficult part is to fulfill that right.
I too have a right to pursue a happy life.
The difficult part is to work out a compromise for that right.
"Frederica Bernkastel"]

The game is co-hosted by me and BlueLeaf.
Higurashi fans will enjoy this faithful version of Mafia. The anime is highly recommended to everyone.

The game is divided into Hinamizawa (Town) and Yamainu (Mafia). The Yamainu know who each other are, and coordinate their actions privately. Hinamizawa, however, don't know anything besides their role. To compensate, the inhabitants of Hinamizawa are much more loyal, and remain higher in numbers. The game also has one third party role; the Psychopath (Creepy Girl). She has a separate winning condition from Hinamizawa and Yamainu.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into revolving day and night phases. Day will generally last 36-48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Every player gets one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the majority vote is lynched, and their alignment and role revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 20 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically. While this is still a mafia game, it certainly is not an excuse to slack off on reading.

Playerlist:
Signups are limited to the first 25. After that, names will be placed in a Replacement list.

1. LittleBeary [PSYCHOPATH] (KILLED NIGHT ONE)
2. Oath2Order [VIGILANTE] (KILLED NIGHT FOUR)
3. Tom [FRAMER] (LYNCHED DAY THREE)
4. Lunatic [TOWNIE WITH ONE SHOT] (KILLED NIGHT FIVE)
5. tsundere [PARAMEDIC] (KILLED NIGHT TWO)
6.Dolby [TOWNIE] (LYNCHED DAY FOUR)
7. reverie, [TOWNIE] (KILLED NIGHT FOUR)
8. Champ2947 [TOWNIE] (LYNCHED DAY FIVE)
9. lynn105 [TOWNIE]
10. Kuma [GODFATHER]
11. FireNinja1 [TOWNIE]
12. PurplPanda [DETECTIVE]
13. ITookYourWaffles [VETERAN] (LYNCHED DAY ONE)
14. Lauren [MAFIA GOON] (KILLED NIGHT THREE)
15. Jeremy [INSANE DETECTIVE] (KILLED NIGHT ONE)
16. Superpenguin [TOWNIE] (KILLED NIGHT TWO)
17. Prin [PRIEST] (KILLED NIGHT TWO)
18. Farobi [TOWNIE]
19. Ashtot [SCIENTIST] (KILLED NIGHT FIVE)
20. Trundle [BARTENDER] (KILLED NIGHT THREE)
21. Blu Rose [ROLEBLOCKER] (LYNCHED DAY TWO)
22. Jawile [VIGILANTE]
23. Tina [PARAMEDIC] (KILLED NIGHT ONE)
24. iLoveYou [JACK OF ALL TRADES] (KILLED NIGHT THREE)
25. Kippla [TOWNIE] (MODKILLED)

Roles

These are all the possible roles in the game. I will not disclose how many of each role there are (only exception is Psychopath). There is no guarantee that all roles will be used. A player's exact role will be revealed upon their death.

Hinamizawa (Town)
Your goal is to eradicate all of Yamainu and make sure Hinamizawa lives in peace!

Villager (Townie)
You are part of Hinamizawa. You help keep Town alive by being a part of it. All you have is voice and opinion.

Elder (Veteran)
You have extra protection during the night. You play like a Villager, but you have one extra night life. If someone protects you during a night of your first shot, their protect is saved.

Policeman (Detective)
You help keep the Town safe by making sure bad people are not part of the Town. Every night, you may PM me with the name of a player. Their role group (alignment) will be revealed to you. You cannot inspect the same player two nights in a row.

Intern Policeman (Insane Detective)
You are a "fresh newbie," as most children would say. While your upperclassmen help you from time to time, you still mess up. Therefore, when inspecting, your inspections will come back opposite. You are not told that you are an Intern Policeman, and will be addressed as a Policeman.

Trapper (Vigilante)
As a child, you can't wait to set up traps and get a laugh out of what can happen. However, you cooperate with Town and make more than deadly traps during the night. You can PM me with the name of a player once per game. That player will be killed the next day cycle.

Doctor (Paramedic)
You are the main point in this time of Hinamizawa. You may protect one person during the night. If shots overlap your protect, the shots go in as priority. You are an important factor in the Hinamizawa syndrome, so try to find the Town player who is also looking for you without roleclaiming in public.

Photographer (Bartender)
You love inviting players to your photo shoot (through PM, on a night), and most of the time, taking pictures with birds. You may PM me with a name of a player during the night to bring to your shoot. Once this happens, they cannot do anything throughout the day and night phase. During the night, the Photographer will discover the victim's true role. The Photographer can choose to kill the player or let them go. This can only be done once.

Village Leader (Priest)
You lead the village and have the most insight on what most people do in the village. Due to this, if any actions happen on you, you will know who performed the action and what their role is. For example, if you were roleblocked, you would know who the roleblocker is.(Un)fortunately, the action will still go through. This role is automatic, meaning that you don't send in any actions. This also means even if you're blocked, you will still get a report.

Teacher (Jack of All Trades)

Being one of the teachers at Hinamizawa School, you know many things about other people. You are a one-shot Trapper, a one-shot Doctor, and a one-shot Policeman.

Yamainu (Mafia)
Your goal is to defeat Hinamizawa and take over the village. You, yourself, count as 0.5 KP.

Assistant (Mafia Goon)
You are an assistant. Like a townie, you only have your voice and opinion.

Takano (Godfather)
You are Takano. You have a horrible past, ranging from being abused in boarding school and having your parents die in a train accident. You decide to take revenge on Hinamizawa. You will always return as a Hinamizawa player to any inspection. You choose who to kill.

Egret (Roleblocker)
You love to cause corruption. Every night you can PM the host with the name of a player. That player will be unable to perform any actions during the night. You cannot roleblock the same player two nights in a row.

Nightingale (Framer)

You are the Nightingale of the Yamainu. Each night, you can PM the host with a players name. That player will return as Yamainu to any rolechecks during that night. You cannot frame the same player two nights in a row.

Skylark (Scientist)
You are a scientist who can find clues about a player's death. During Night, you can PM either host with a dead player's name. Once day hits, you find out who killed the player (night kill). The information is detailed, due to it showing who killed that player during the night. If you inspect a player who died from a lynch, the action will not go through until you PM me with a player who died during the night.

Outsiders (Third Party)
Your win condition is separate from Town's and Mafia's.

Psychopath

You have a separate condition than Hinamizawa and Yamainu. You stalk during the night. You must PM the host with the name of a player during Night One. That player will be given a doll (notified through PM). The player stuck with the doll may pass it onto another (through PMing the host) during the next night phase, and so on. The Psychopath wins as soon as the player holding the doll last dies. You win separately from the others. This player comes back as Town.

Actions must be sent to both me and BlueLeaf. There is no guarantee of us replying back right away.

Passive Effects

One effect can affect how you play. These effects are randomly drawn.

Hinamizawa Syndrome
One Vigilante and One Villager will be randomly drawn for this effect. The Vigilante, having the syndrome, is at an uncurable state and must need attention from others. The Villager vows to protect the Vigilante. Due to the tight connection, if the Vigilante dies, the Villager commits suicide. Although these two players are part of Town Against Mafia goal, they count as their own goal as well; keep the Vigilante alive to the end.

Hallucinations
A player will be randomly drawn to have random hallucinations during the Night. example, fake actions that actually never happened. Killing hallucinations will not occur. These hallucinations will not happen every night. An example could be that you've been protected.

Hinamizawa win conditions: Eliminate Yamainu.

Yamainu win conditions: Equal or outnumber the villagers of Hinamizawa.
Psychopath win conditions: Have the player holding the doll die.

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Screenshots of ANY INBOX, HOST PM, MAFIA CHAT, OR OBS CHAT will result in a modkill and a 5 game ban.
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Wisdom of the Crowds
When you sign up, you may PM me with the name of one player you do not want to play with. If I get enough PMs about the same person, they will be excluded from the game. This will be done with the utmost confidence. I will be watching for people attempting to abuse this.

Replacements

This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until the end of Night 2. If a player is modkilled during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

Time Cycle:
This game will follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 7:30pm PST, but that is subject to change. Actions/votes will be accepted up to and including the posted time, but not after.

Posting:
Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM either one of the hosts, or, in the case of mafia, in the mafia chat.

Activity:
You must post in this thread three times per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.

Spam:
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. This also means you should condense your posts when possible. 15 one-liners in 30 minutes is unacceptable.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Advantages and Disadvantages:
If you are a newer player, please do not use your newbishness against everything. Good situations to use it are in bandwagoning and roleclaiming, but it is your discretion whether it is "good" or "bad." If you are a strong player, please try to let someone newer take the wheel if they would like to. If you are constantly using your newbishness as an excuse, a modkill may be considered.

Inappropriate Posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Play to win.
That said, you should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Banlist:

Continuing with this game, there will be an officially enforced banlist. If you are modkilled for any reason, you will be subject to a minimum one game ban. The ban length will depend on the reason you were modkilled. Real life problems that pop up that require you to leave the game will be punished minimally. Things like getting yourself modkilled on purpose to use your non-majority decided lynch as a bargaining chip will earn you a lengthy ban. (May be waived depending on interest from community)

Look for weirdly placed bold letters throughout the game and decipher some of the most strangest messages. Don't tell anyone you see this and let them find it. If you PM me with all messages fully decoded when the game ends, you will get to have a personalized banner.
Why click here? Have you looked in the Banlist tab? Look in there first!

Voting rules:

1. This game will use Majority Lynch. For those of you familiar with IRC Mafia, it is the same system. When a player attains over 50% of the vote, they will be immediately killed and Day will end. (For example, with 14 players alive, a player requires 8 votes to be lynched).
2. If the deadline is reached without a majority, nobody will be lynched, and all players who did not vote will be modkilled. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##Vote: No Lynch).
3. Voting is done in a separate thread, located soon. You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

Curious bystanders can PM me if they want the link to the observers' quicktopic.

Credits:
Thanks to everyone who played TBT Mafia!
Thanks to TL Mafia whose opening post I have shamelessly stolen.
Thanks to KarlaKGB for letting me steal this and introducing us to Mafia.
Thanks to Gandalf for giving me an opportunity to host Mafia.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!
PM me all of the night actions. The game will not start until later on.

(Games will be linked to later.)
Main Mafia Games
TBT Mafia (KarlaKGB)
TBT Mafia II: Mafia Strike Back (KarlaKGB)
TBT Mafia III: The Murder Before Christmas (Kayla and Tom)
TBT Mafia IV: Red Revolution (KarlaKGB and River)
TBT Mafia V: There and Back Again (Gandalf)

Mini Mafia Games
TBT Mini Mafia (FireNinja1)
TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy (Tinaa)
TBT Mini Mafia III: A Terrible Fate (oath2order)
(Games will be linked to later.)
Main Mafia Games (Not in Order)
TBT Mafia (Project Fate): Faithful June (BellBringerGreen and BlueLeaf)
TBT Mafia: Animal Crossing [tentative name] (Justin and ???)

Mini Mafia Games (Not in Order)
TBT Mini Mafia: Kingmaker [tentative name] (Tom)
TBT Mini Mafia: Cult Leader [tentative name] (Superpenguin)

- - - -

1) What does the Scientist do? The part about day lynches is pointless.
A) The Scientist gets to find out how people die during the night, mainly who killed them.

2) Do the players with the Hinamizawa Syndrome know each other?
A) Yes.

3) Does the Psychopath die when fulfilling their win condition?
A) No, the Psychopath wins.

4) How does the Insane Policeman work?
A) If the Insane Policeman inspects a Mafia player, that player comes back Town. If he inspects a Town player, that player comes back Mafia.

5) Is WoTC in this?
A) Yes, be sure to include WoTC: ____ in the title.

6) What alignment does the Psychopath come back as to inspections?
A) Town.

Last edited:
Please note, the sign-ups won't be acknowledged right away, as we have school.

Confused by some of the things, but hey I'll give it a shot.

It's probably the Passive Effects; I'll most likely simplify it to be much more simple.

(Good night, most of the signups will be acknowledged tomorrow.)

Last edited:
I'll try mafia one more time. Hopefully I'm better this time.

Back