Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since hosts usually have a Google account, they could get a link that allows them to edit, and then just sign in and edit?
While normal players couldn't access?

Since hosts usually have a Google account, they could get a link that allows them to edit, and then just sign in and edit?
While normal players couldn't access?
That is one idea yeah. Judging from the looks of it that's how it'd be done in Lauren's example form?

That is one idea yeah. Judging from the looks of it that's how it'd be done in Lauren's example form?

Its only an example, we need to work it out and what not, its something quick and the stuff at the bottom is stuff that needs discussing.

I appreciate everyone looking to help by taking initiative towards a system, a list, or a doc. However, whatever ban system we put in place is going to be ran by the staff in alignment with the official game system. Our new mafia playing mods, Tina and Gandalf, will be helping out with this as well and we'll have something put together within a few days hopefully. (which was the plan when I posted looking for discussion on a system earlier this week) I understand some of you might be upset since I heard there were a lot of mod kills today, but really this has been a problem for a while, the sky is not suddenly falling on our heads. Sit tight, we'll figure it out. We'll also be looking at changing parts of how the official games, queue, and host requirements work.

Of course, feel free to continue throwing ideas around in here, we'll be reading.

Of course, feel free to continue throwing ideas around in here, we'll be reading.

Awesome, well mind and ash' ideas are thrown into that doc.

Ill explain it.

(TBD) - To be discussed. Its a group decisions. We should all discuss, how long bans are for each offence, and how much they escalate for repeat offenders.

I left a space to the end as this indicates we could add more columns such as, the host who awarded the ban and what not

the stuff at the bottom.

general mafia changes and improvements.

Game plans, breaks and what not.
main and mini… newbie… main and mini

Maybe have breaks between games so

play a main and a mini at the same time...

allow a break for main and mini and let newbie mafia commence.

Once finished open a mini and a main

Newbie mafia - what would you class as newbie?
unless stated otherwise, 3 game maximum for newbie maf

Ash brought up certain members taking advantage of newbie mafia, so placing a game maximum for people to play would make this easier. I mean its the host decision if they feel a member needs help.

Suggested age? Not a limit, just a guideline (TBD)
a suggested age, theres a lot of heated arguments in mafia so like 13? discuss.

Hosting requirements, change them?
with people flopping at hosting, maybe it takes more knowledge to host?

Post quality and gifs

THIS! One word sentences, Cent made a post about how post quality still counts here yes, and without punishment. Gifs too, i know they enhance a game, but they're being used willy nilly, if a gif had no relevance to the post or is just spam.

Last edited:
Not exactly wanting to sound ungrateful about you guys stepping in Jubs, but shouldnt that be discussed openly amongst us?

What do you mean? Was planning on writing up a draft, and posting it here in a few days.

Awesome, well mind and ash' ideas are thrown into that doc.

Ill explain it.

(TBD) - To be discussed. Its a group decisions. We should all discuss, how long bans are for each offence, and how much they escalate for repeat offenders.

I left a space to the end as this indicates we could add more columns such as, the host who awarded the ban and what not

the stuff at the bottom.

general mafia changes and improvements.

Game plans, breaks and what not.
main and mini? newbie? main and mini

Maybe have breaks between games so

play a main and a mini at the same time...

allow a break for main and mini and let newbie mafia commence.

Once finished open a mini and a main

Newbie mafia - what would you class as newbie?
unless stated otherwise, 3 game maximum for newbie maf

Ash brought up certain members taking advantage of newbie mafia, so placing a game maximum for people to play would make this easier. I mean its the host decision if they feel a member needs help.

Suggested age? Not a limit, just a guideline (TBD)
a suggested age, theres a lot of heated arguments in mafia so like 13? discuss.

Hosting requirements, change them?
with people flopping at hosting, maybe it takes more knowledge to host?

Post quality and gifs

THIS! One word sentences, Cent made a post about how post quality still counts here yes, and without punishment. Gifs too, i know they enhance a game, but they're being used willy nilly, if a gif had no relevance to the post or is just spam.
Breaks are definitely needed between three to four games (two main, two minis?) but I also think we should enforce breaks on players who haven't taken a break in a while. Despite what some players might think, sometimes you really ought to have some people step and tell you its time for a break.

Newbie games I would class newbies as player who haven't played five mafia games or generally have not improved in anyway or need remedial games.

I don't think age is that big of a problem player wise.

Require co-hosts for players who haven't hosted before and worry is expressed via thread or PM?

I think gifs are fine so long as its not out of control like Kermit was. The post requires a lot of substance with it unless a death post?

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do you mean? Was planning on writing up a draft, and posting it here in a few days.

Oh I misread then, my bad. I thought you meant you guys (the staff) was going to handle the whole thing.

If by handle it, yes, we will run it and manage it. I don't believe an open doc to all hosts is a good method. But I do want to include everyone else in the discussion, say, what are reasonable ban lengths for example?

How are unofficial games going to be affected by this?

My personal opinion is that either official games need to have more of a benefit, or unofficial games need to be hidden away more, to promote waiting in the queue civilly or else there is no point anymore and we will be back to the line jumping that occurred previously. (which is why we implemented a queue) I can't speak for everyone else though, those are simply my thoughts right now.

Please don't take this personally either Ashtot. It's not against you personally, you're just the first one to actually try posting an unofficial game which HAS always been allowed.

If by handle it, yes, we will run it and manage it. I don't believe an open doc to all hosts is a good method. But I do want to include everyone else in the discussion, say, what are reasonable ban lengths for example?

My personal opinion is that either official games need to have more of a benefit, or unofficial games need to be hidden away more, to promote waiting in the queue civilly or else there is no point anymore and we will be back to the line jumping that occurred previously. (which is why we implemented a queue) I can't speak for everyone else though, those are simply my thoughts right now.

Please don't take this personally either Ashtot. It's not against you personally, you're just the first one to actually try posting an unofficial game which HAS always been allowed.
Ah, I gotcha now. I thought the whole process (like the discussion happening now) you guys were handling.

What kind of benefit could we possibly add to official games though? Badges for playing "X" amount of mafia games?

Ah, I gotcha now. I thought the whole process (like the discussion happening now) you guys were handling.

What kind of benefit could we possibly add to official games though? Badges for playing "X" amount of mafia games?

Probably going to be controversial, but I think perhaps The Cellar should be reserved for the official games, and other games can go in The Basement like the old days. History thread should be reserved for the official games as well, although I believe that's already the case. By badges, do you mean like a collectible?

I agree with jubs, official games in the cellar, keeps it tidy and less cluttered with official and unofficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back