Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will unofficial count towards host reqs?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like if yoy host an unofficial will that count towards a main

Will unofficial count towards host reqs?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like if yoy host an unofficial will that count towards a main

No.

EDIT: Oh, hosting, not playing. Not sure. I think no, but not as strong of a no?

The way you have it laid out is fine. I'm just a little reluctant to turn my mafia into a mini.

I'm going to have to write a mini because I can't see what I have written being a mini at all. I guess I got a bit excited, considering I've waited a month and a half to even meet the requirements for queue. I suppose I better get started. What's another month and a half? (ジ) Bans being associated with modkills should depend on the situation and why the player was modkilled. Generalizing it won't do much good.

She's hosting a main though. I think newbie hosts have to start with mini mafia.

It's already on the list though? I would've assumed that, since the rules aren't set in stone yet (and because the game is already on the list), it would still go through. Not sure though, I could be wrong.

It's already on the list though? I would've assumed that, since the rules aren't set in stone yet (and because the game is already on the list), it would still go through. Not sure though, I could be wrong.

Justin stated just earlier that they're still deciding on what they should do with hosts that don't meet the new qualifications and are still in queue.

The only issue is that there are sometimes legitimate reasons to leave a game as Tom mentioned. Not sure how to go about that.

You said the user can appeal to the mods about their ban. So if they were modkilled because of a real life emergency that prevented thme from playing, they would say that in their appeal, and you guys can decide from there.

I do agree with most of the changes that Justin posted up a few pages back, and I understand the need for being more strict on hosting requirements AND on the bans, though I find it unfortunate that new hosts are being 'punished' more harshly than the inactive players. I have never hosted before here on TBT, though I have played and hosted Mafia games on other sites, and now I'll never be able to do so unless I host a mini game first, which I do not currently have any real interest in doing. If I end up doing it in the future it would likely be just to "unlock" the option of hosting a main game in the future, rather than because I was super passionate about my idea.

I think that is the real downside to the new system - People who come up with creative ideas that require a larger amount of players are forced to make a smaller and likely more basic kind of game first, which will likely makes different games a little bit more similar to one another in the long run. However, the Pro's are still outweighing the Con's so I cannot complain - At least I should be able to PLAY in games of a higher quality from now on. Good work overall!

Justin stated just earlier that they're still deciding on what they should do with hosts that don't meet the new qualifications and are still in queue.
So they are still deciding on whether I can stay on the main list? If I don't, that'll be a bummer, cause I prepared for a main mafia. I'll have to rework half of everything.

I do agree with most of the changes that Justin posted up a few pages back, and I understand the need for being more strict on hosting requirements AND on the bans, though I find it unfortunate that new hosts are being 'punished' more harshly than the inactive players. I have never hosted before here on TBT, though I have played and hosted Mafia games on other sites, and now I'll never be able to do so unless I host a mini game first, which I do not currently have any real interest in doing. If I end up doing it in the future it would likely be just to "unlock" the option of hosting a main game in the future, rather than because I was super passionate about my idea.

I think that is the real downside to the new system - People who come up with creative ideas that require a larger amount of players are forced to make a smaller and likely more basic kind of game first, which will likely makes different games a little bit more similar to one another in the long run. However, the Pro's are still outweighing the Con's so I cannot complain - At least I should be able to PLAY in games of a higher quality from now on. Good work overall!

Perhaps we can consider accepting links of well hosted Mafia games from other sites for situations like your case.

The harsher requirements is a separate issue from the inactivity issue though. The need for bans and such has brought up the opportunity to rework other aspects of the system as well. We still need to work out what feels like fair ban lengths. I'll be getting into that soon.

So I could host an unofficial game like a micro if I don't meet all the requirements (the 4 month one for me)?

So I could host an unofficial game like a micro if I don't meet all the requirements (the 4 month one for me)?

You can. No regulations for the unofficial games, that's why they're called unofficial. Basically play at your own risk games.

If I have to host a mini first, would I have to start at the bottom of the queue?

Not sure if this will matter or anything but I'm sure you can all understand that I'm not able to sign up because I'm away Sunday to late Friday each week so I'm going to put this up now. If you can't just bump me in a slot when possible I understand.
Username: Trundle
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 16 + 1 unofficial
Game Type: Mini Mafia
Game Theme: High School Musical (subject to change)
Game Setup Notes: Open setup, 20 players, with a third party role. Will introduce 2 new roles.

Not sure if this will matter or anything but I'm sure you can all understand that I'm not able to sign up because I'm away Sunday to late Friday each week so I'm going to put this up now. If you can't just bump me in a slot when possible I understand.
Username: Trundle
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 16 + 1 unofficial
Game Type: Mini Mafia
Game Theme: High School Musical (subject to change)
Game Setup Notes: Open setup, 20 players, with a third party role. Will introduce 2 new roles.

I'm pretty sure other people posted before you anyways and main queue games are paused until they fix the rules, Aiden.
<3

I'm pretty sure other people posted before you anyways and main queue games are paused until they fix the rules, Aiden.
<3

Oops, didn't realize things were stopped. I don't have time to read the mafia thread when I don't have Internet or devices to connect to no Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back