• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bam! The updates are here, check out the first post of this thread for a complete update. Hosting has heightened requirements, ban list is now in place, and some clarification of the game types have been added.

We elected to make a few changes to the queue in light of the new requirements. Cory and Prin have had their games removed from the Main queue as they do not meet the new requirements. They have been offered free slots in the Mini queue to compensate, it's up to them if they want to use them or remove themselves from the queue. Tina has moved her Mini game up to the Main queue to fill some of the empty space. We also have 2 more empty Main slots available for those who meet the new requirements.

Now that this is all in place, oath2order and Superpenguin will be posting their official games shortly. Look forward to them!

Additionally, here's something Tina put together to list some of the issues we're addressing with the new bans:

The attitude of players in recent games has been poor to such an extent that the ?it?s just a game? excuse is no longer valid. Below is a list of issues that need to be addressed:

• Aggressive Behaviour
    • Although being aggressive can be considered a playstyle, there is a point where it gets out of hand. Excessive swearing, general rudeness, directly criticising another player?s intelligence, or attacking them as a person are all unacceptable. By all means criticise their actions in-game, but keep it civil. There is no need to insult another player.
  • Inactivity
    • Inactivity has been a big problem lately. If you sign up to play a mafia game then please make the effort to actually post and actively participate in the game. It?s annoying to other players and it also puts your team at a disadvantage if the host is forced to modkill you.
  • Post-Death
    • Dead and non-players are often privy to additional information about the game. Although we can?t prevent this, if for any reason you?re entrusted with any information keep it to yourself. Several times a scum player has been revealed to living town players in a game due to dead / non-players spilling the beans. This ruins the game for everyone involved.
    • Respect the ?one polite goodbye post? rule and do not post several times after death. If you?re dead, take your comments to the observers QT. Post-death posts still have the potential to influence the game.
  • Spam
    • Spamming the game is disrespectful to both the host and other players. Strategic spam to a point is acceptable, but if we?re looking at a whole page of .gifs with no game-related talk then it?s getting out of hand. Show some respect for the game and keep spam to a minimum.

On that note, since we have Minties game now, Ill wait a few more days so people die in her game. Id like a good turnout in mine.

Edit: it goes up tobight nvm

Last edited:
Username: Minties
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 12 including micros
Game Type: Main Mafia
Game Theme: Game of Thrones
Game Setup Notes: having a 3rd party of white walkers or wildings. Possible new roles introduced that doesn't alter gameplay significantly(arsonist maybe?) WIP since there's a long wait time anyways.

Last edited:
did cory confirm his spot or ??
anyway for the game theme is it okay to have spoilers? like for a bravely default game the godfather rolename would definitely be a huge spoiler so idk how to approach it lol. because i know a lot of people who have the game definitely aren't close to beating it soo idk

Where's the code for the hosting? I can't find it. I'll fill out a form anyway.

Username: MissNiamh (I was MissNoodle)
TBT Mafia Games Completed: I think it's around 10 not including official
Game Theme: PowerPuff Girls
Game Setup Notes: town v mafia v third party. At least two new roles being added. Most likely a 35 player game.

Where's the code for the hosting? I can't find it. I'll fill out a form anyway.

Username: MissNiamh (I was MissNoodle)
TBT Mafia Games Completed: I think it's around 10 not including official
Game Theme: PowerPuff Girls
Game Setup Notes: town v mafia v third party. At least two new roles being added. Most likely a 35 player game.

Whoops, looks like the form got lost in the update! I wanted to re-do it anyway.

Added Minties and MissNiamh to the Main Series queue, we're full now!

Not sure if this will matter or anything but I'm sure you can all understand that I'm not able to sign up because I'm away Sunday to late Friday each week so I'm going to put this up now. If you can't just bump me in a slot when possible I understand.
Username: Trundle
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 16 + 1 unofficial
Game Type: Mini Mafia
Game Theme: High School Musical (subject to change)
Game Setup Notes: Open setup, 20 players, with a third party role. Will introduce 2 new roles.

I want to host as soon as possible so I really hope this can be put in the queue if I miss the empty slot while I'm gone :p

wait wut

- - - Post Merge - - -

my theme is survivor (the TV show) i know superpenguin watches it so i would prefer him as a co-host

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and there will be one item. and will be 2 seperate mafia teams.

Also, sorry about not being able to do my game when i signed up. I didn't know how busy i was gonna be

oh wait... it was because i wasn't an approved host lol

Last edited:
Oh, sorry I should of edited. I pmed him and he said he wouldn't be able to.

Oh, sorry I should of edited. I pmed him and he said he wouldn't be able to.

I really want to co-host but I haven't been here for 4 months. Also shouldn't there be exceptions to the 4 month rule? I have 3 k+ posts

I really want to co-host but I haven't been here for 4 months. Also shouldn't there be exceptions to the 4 month rule? I have 3 k+ posts

I don't think there are exceptions, sorry.

Exceptions aren't fair, imo. Someone could have less than 3k posts but have been here for long enough. An exception isn't fair to the person who actually has been here long enough.

I've updated the ban list from the last game. We decided to only ban Capella and MissNoodle for 1 week instead of 2 because oath didn't give them a warning. But in the future we'll expect the hosts to give a warning PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back