Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything consistent placeholder voters who never change or don't change to a candidate often should face a ban from mafia games for a few days. If all you have time to vote for is placeholders, you don't have time to dedicate to the game.

Perhaps hosts can have a voting rule that states you can't vote for yourself unless at least one other play has voted for you already.

Placeholders can be tactical though, mainly for mafia. Why not a rule where, if there's already a certain number of people voting for themselves already, then you shouldn't do the same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wait, then people will only complain.

Last edited:
Placeholders can be tactical though, mainly for mafia. Why not a rule where, if there's already a certain number of people voting for themselves already, then you shouldn't do the same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is stupid because it will just become a race to get a placeholder vote. Something like that encourages placeholder votes.

Placeholders are dumb and it also avoid modkills on inactive players, beginning of day they place hold themselves and don't come on all day, post once in the thread stating they're place holding.

How are placeholders tactical
Maybe tactical wasn't the best way to describe it.

You can use placeholders as scum to avoid having to vote and be accused of bandwagoning. I think it makes sense that way, even if everyone disagrees with me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is stupid because it will just become a race to get a placeholder vote. Something like that encourages placeholder votes.
Did you read the post merge? I realized it was a bad idea afterwards.

Last edited:
Perhaps hosts can have a voting rule that states you can't vote for yourself unless at least one other play has voted for you already.
Maybe, at the very least it would get people to placeholder another player instead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe at first they were tactical, but when everyone and their mother placeholder votes? It's understandable for a single day vote, but when you're repeatedly doing it? It just screams lazy player.

Last edited:
Waiting for more slaughter in MLP until Game of Bones starts up. Still writing and arguing with myself about story arcs in the game. I get home internet on Monday (it's thursday) so it definitely won't be up at least till then.

Waiting for more slaughter in MLP until Game of Bones starts up. Still writing and arguing with myself about story arcs in the game. I get home internet on Monday (it's thursday) so it definitely won't be up at least till then.

Thank you mangoes

Maybe at first they were tactical, but when everyone and their mother placeholder votes? It's understandable for a single day vote, but when you're repeatedly doing it? It just screams lazy player.

Really, I think that town should just deal with placeholders themselves instead of having a ban put in place because of it.

Although I guess the host choosing whether they want to make it against the rules or not would be okay. Placeholding on someone else is the next working thing.

Really, I think that town should just deal with placeholders themselves instead of having a ban put in place because of it.

Although I guess the host choosing whether they want to make it against the rules or not would be okay. Placeholding on someone else is the next working thing.

I agree, it should definitely be a host-by-host thing.

NFukyCG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back