Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

The Detective needs to inspect anyone from this list:

FanousOnTheLoose
Hikari
FireNinja1

Sorry, Dolby. Just...too...convenient. One more scum to go! If you come forward now, we'll just hang ya instead of strapping you to the front of the ship like a wooden mermaid.

So it seems everyone was fairly convinced with the evidence brought forward against Dolby. So much so, that it was almost a unanimous decision to see him swing. There's only one person that didn't go along with it. FireNinja1 cast a vote for himself as soon as the polls opened to avoid a modkill and hasn't been heard from since, though he's been quite active in other parts of the forum. Of course, anyone could have seen how fast the majority piled onto Dolby and voted accordingly to blend in, but I'm curious to hear his thoughts.

So it seems everyone was fairly convinced with the evidence brought forward against Dolby. So much so, that it was almost a unanimous decision to see him swing. There's only one person that didn't go along with it. FireNinja1 cast a vote for himself as soon as the polls opened to avoid a modkill and hasn't been heard from since, though he's been quite active in other parts of the forum. Of course, anyone could have seen how fast the majority piled onto Dolby and voted accordingly to blend in, but I'm curious to hear his thoughts.
I did vote a placeholder to avoid a modkill; however, voting closed at 7:24 local. That gave me virtually no time to react, see what happened overnight, or withdraw and recast my vote.

I did vote a placeholder to avoid a modkill; however, voting closed at 7:24 local. That gave me virtually no time to react, see what happened overnight, or withdraw and recast my vote.

Why didn't you just let yourself get modkilled? Now a detetive has to waste their time rolechecking you. When if you would've just gotten modkilled, we would've been closer to getting rid of the last pirate. :/

Why didn't you just let yourself get modkilled? Now a detetive has to waste their time rolechecking you. When if you would've just gotten modkilled, we would've been closer to getting rid of the last pirate. :/

Would that not be cheating? Because that's essentially killing myself to help the team, especially because it's a modkill.

It wasn't a rule in Game III, at least, I think.

It was. :p

If remaining actions are sent in by approx 11PM-12AM GMT / 6-7PM EST then night will end shortly after. This is not the official deadline though so don't panic if you're not ready by then.

The Detective needs to inspect anyone from this list:

FanousOnTheLoose
Hikari
FireNinja1

Not to raise anyones suspicions or anything, but am I on the inspection list because I'm a new player and just nobody knows me?
Hikari and Fireninja make sense because people have been suspecting them a little, but I'm suspicion-less as far as not being called out by anyone unless people not knowing me is a suspicion then I understand why I'm on the inspection list.

Captain's Log: Day 4

It was hours before one of the servants heard the cries of the senior officers coming from the quarter master?s sleeping area. The surgeon led the mission to take the door down, after it was assumed that the real key had gone overboard with Dolby.

Once free, the gunner and the boatswain retreat to their own bunks for a nap. The quarter master, eager to get out of their room despite the exhaustion, goes ahead to the officers? mess for a meal.

Out on-deck, the sailors continue with their assigned tasks. While others might joke around and celebrate about the fact that three sailors had been thrown overboard, River knew better than to let her guard down. While the officers took their much needed breaks she worked silently, in solitude, making sure she got her own share of the work done.

It was after dusk when River finally retired to the juniors? mess. She expected a celebration after the death of Dolby, but everyone seemed solemn. Knowing better than to question it, she gets her dinner and sits down with three of the sailors.

?Hey,? she says.

Only one other person looks up. ?Hi, River.?

?What?s new?? she asks.

?Not much,? says the sailor, ?we?re all just exhausted. People are dying day and night - it?s hard to even sleep when you know that while you?re snoozing one of your pals could be being held at gunpoint.?

?That?s why I choose not to think about it,? River says.

She knew what her fellow sailors thought of her: they thought that she was cold and uninterested in the wellbeing of others. They thought her silence was a sign of boredom - but she knew better than to broadcast every single thought that came to mind. That was how the pirates had been caught out: they had been too loud. It could also work in reverse against the crew.

The food is dreadful. She doesn?t even know what is in the slop they?re serving tonight. Without saying goodbye, River departs the juniors? mess and heads back toward the sleeping quarters.

Footsteps.

River pauses and turns around. She can make out the silhouette of a person stood several metres behind her. There?s someone there, clad in overalls, but their face is not visible in the dark.

?Who?re you?? she asks.

?Doesn?t matter,? they say, ?why don?t you care about our friends??

River sighs. ?Look, I?m working from sun up ?til sundown tomorrow. I don?t need this.?

?You?re a pirate, aren?t you??

?Pirates, pirates, pirates.? River grips the handle of the door to the sleeping quarters. ?It?s all anyone wants to talk about. With three pirates dead, it?s obvious that we out number them. Just because I want to focus on something other than the identity of the remaining pirates on-board doesn?t mean I?m one of them.?

She doesn?t wait for a response. The door slams closed behind her and she half expects it to fly open - but nothing happens. The tension in her shoulders releases and she undoes her blouse before changing into a more comfortable night shirt.

A wolf whistle in the dark. River rolls her eyes. ?Nothing you ain?t seen before. Go back to sleep, y? pervert.?

There?s laughter, but River ignores it. She climbs into her hammock and tries to get comfortable. Sleeping like this once or twice is fine, but this is her third night aboard The Bellarbor and she is starting to miss her own bed.

Over the next few hours, sailors come and go from the sleeping quarters. River lies awake, rocking back and forth in her hammock with the motion of the ship. She hears the snores of other sailors, the half-asleep muttering of the bitter gunner, and the groans of a brief romantic encounter taking place on the other side of the room. There is no such thing as privacy at sea.

Eventually she accepts that there is no chance she?ll be getting any sleep this night. She slips on her boots and goes down to the infirmary, hoping that there will be someone up for a chat at this hour.

Hushed voices echo throughout the corridor. The words are too muffled for her to make out the words being uttered, but she can tell from the tone that it isn?t pleasant. She walks as quietly as she can, approaching the door of the infirmary.

?I bet you thought you were clever,? someone says, ?you caught Dolby out with that little switch of yours, didn?t you? But I?m wiser than him - I even tried to warn him but he was just so convinced that he was right.?

Rather than words, only a muffled cry comes back. River inches open the door as slowly and quietly as she can, then peaks through the gap. The surgeon is tied to a chair: their body is bound with rope; and a long strip of silver taped has been wrapped around their head at least three times.

?I feel bad that we couldn?t have dragged this game out any longer. But you killed my partners and for that I must make you pay.?

When River catches sight of the surgeon?s rifle in the pirate's hand she can?t find it in herself to just stay still. She throws open the door and tackles a person in overalls to the ground.

At the same time a gunshot sounds out.

She tries her best to ignore the pain, focusing all her attention into clamping her jaw tight around the pirate?s wrist. She squeezes her eyes shut tight, and with her hands tries to pull the gun away.

Another gunshot. The pressure stops. River?s body goes still.

River the Sailor both fought and died alone.

You have 24 hours to decide which of you will walk the plank.

Back