• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

iloveyou implies in a sentence that she was the veteran (I'm just here to absorb kp)

Okay, what?

iLoveYou, I know what Dolby says is true here, I remember it, even though you said it was because you were trying to get the Mafia off of me through PM...

Superpenguin was the first person to want to target Trundle on Day One of this game. He was PM'ing me on the IRC and then Trundle was PM'ing us both. So we decided to distance ourselves to protect eachother. To prevent us both getting killed on the same night.

Contradictions...

Blu Rose said:
iLoveYou said:
Blu Rose said:
iLoveYou said:
Blu Rose said:
I'll only reveal myself if all the KP become successful kills.

No problem. I'll do my best to get Town off your back then.
Let them respond to my "defense" post first, though...

Sure no problem. =P It'll be interesting to see who tries to keep accusing you & stuff.

Yup.

Blu Rose is confuzzled...

Reason why Beary was targeted, in some post way back in the thread, iloveyou implies in a sentence that she was the veteran (I'm just here to absorb kp), Blu rose has used her action, I don't really think that bbg is confirmed town in most people's eyes, and iloveyou implied that she was in contact with a detective, and back in the previous games it has been pointed out that my logic is a little off.

To me, this looks like you slipped up saying that you know why Beary was targetted.

##VOTE: Dolby

This, I agree.

I want to give Dolby time to make defence but that last post just screams all kinds of scum to me. Seriously haven't given us much reason to keep you alive.

Pretty clear already that he is a goner either way so lets just finish this.

Since a majority was reached, I'm not going to bother (but it's there somewhere)

Since a majority was reached, I'm not going to bother (but it's there somewhere)

Dude give us the post so we will know don't give up just yet! No I'm not defending you but I want to see it if it's true or not.

Responding to Gandalf (repetitive I know): I honestly don't mind if you guys keep an eye on me. I just need you guys to know that I am here to absorb Mafia KP. If the Mafia don't try to take me out, then that's a shame because I contribute too much in this thread for them to let me slip by. I am someone who can influence, and they should be looking to remove me as soon as possible. If they try to challenge this by letting me live, then it works for me. c: I don't mind playing the game longer than 1-2 nights. Facts are facts though, the Mafia will eventually have to take me out and I want you guys to let them do it. That way when you see my role (after I die) you'll be okay with the Mafia taking me out instead of Town.

I personally don't feel comfortable voting for BellBringerGreen, even though he is the safer option. If we are seriously running out of time, I will place my vote for him. He's saying we'll only lose a Sailor. At this point, with not many leads I think it's safe to want to lynch a Sailor (although Pirate is what we aim for - it's Day One though.). Sailors run the risk of also being the Rigger (Miller), so it would benefit us more if he died that role.

Even though Kuma did vote early for BellBringerGreen, I feel like Detectives can easily try to inspect her tonight. If you guys want to start a Kuma lynch, then I would agree to vote for her. I will agree to vote for any name on the player list, since I'm not tied to anyone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's because I made three lists: lurkers / inactives, strong players, unknowns (new players).
So I providing names for each list for the Town. People wanted to see names brought forward so that's what I did.
Here it is, see the second sentence

O.O
I'm even more confuzzled.

Shhh no more Blu! :V

Can we have a new rule? No more excuses unless it is necessary? And I would like to request to investigate Fireninja and FanousOnTheLoose? The DTs don't have to tell me about this just pm who you trust. This will know if they are scum or not (my gut instinct tells me that they are both mafia LOL)

Seriously guys don't make it too VERY obvious
2 options you have here Blu.

1). Kayla is medic and was unsure whether she could protect herself.
OR
2). Kayla was asking for someone else to mask the true medic's identity and potentially take the heat for them.

Some of us feel that iLoveYou's role is something, I don't understand that why she didn't get killed by the mafia team well for sure they don't want to reveal or stay away from suspicion.

I post useless stuff I'm sorry I should keep my mouth shut for now.

Seriously guys don't make it too VERY obvious

Some of us feel that iLoveYou's role is something, I don't understand that why she didn't get killed by the mafia team well for sure they don't want to reveal or stay away from suspicion.

I post useless stuff I'm sorry I should keep my mouth shut for now.

What exactly did I make obvious? I gave blu the only 2 possible solutions were to blu being confused.

Also why do you make this post asking for a new rule and to investigate people and then end it by saying that you post useless stuff? (Note: this is to be taken as an attack or anything, I myself am just generally curious why you make a post and then invalidate your own post by saying its useless?)

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry i messed up the note in my last post, i made a typo.

Waffles my second question in post #571 is not meant to be taken as an attack at all.

What exactly did I make obvious? I gave blu the only 2 possible solutions were to blu being confused.

Also why do you make this post asking for a new rule and to investigate people and then end it by saying that you post useless stuff? (Note: this is to be taken as an attack or anything, I myself am just generally curious why you make a post and then invalidate your own post by saying its useless?)

All I did in mafia is blabblahblah I feel like I never contribute at all. In pre game it was very obvious that Kayla wants to absorb the KP since Day 1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and my question was why they didn't kill/roleblock her that night? Let's not make it obvious please.

I've noticed a handful of other people that do that, as well. It's a shame, because sometimes they have good opinions that are worth considering, and they sell themselves short. Often it leads to them not posting as frequently as they would like to, and some potentially worthwhile information can be overlooked.

All I did in mafia is blabblahblah I feel like I never contribute at all.

What?

In pre game it was very obvious that Kayla wants to absorb the KP since Day 1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and my question was why they didn't kill/roleblock her that night? Let's not make it obvious please.

Make it obvious because I still don't get what you're saying. You seem to know something. Unless all you're trying to say is Kayla is Veteran.

Can doctors protect themselves? I just want to be cleared on this before I send in my night action.

O.O
I'm even more confuzzled.

Lol, that post was made to confuse the Mafia & attract attention onto me. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. :c No Doctor would ever make a post like that in the thread. I was trying to make myself a target as much as I can. I wanted the Mafia to waste KP on me / waste roleblocks on me to protect other blue roles from getting killed / roleblocked.

Again, there are many things I do as a Town player which will confuse a lot of you. I do these things to bait the Mafia. I lie to catch people lying. I roleclaim several roles to different people for protection.

But yeah, I really don't know why the Mafia didn't kill me Night One. I had no protection at all. The only possible explanation would be that they probably really thought I was a Veteran since I roleclaimed as Veteran to Trundle. They probably didn't want to waste KP on a "Veteran" on Night One.

There are two roles that are here to absorb KP / roleblocks from Mafia: Townies & Veterans. Townies should be aiming to die to protect more important blue roles. They should also be appearing blue, so the Mafia waste roleblocks on them.

That is all. ~

All I did in mafia is blabblahblah I feel like I never contribute at all. In pre game it was very obvious that Kayla wants to absorb the KP since Day 1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and my question was why they didn't kill/roleblock her that night? Let's not make it obvious please.

Well...

Likely reasons Kayla wasn't targeted Night 1

Before the game had even started, Kayla came right out of the gate with a heavy-handed town claim. To some people, that seems suspicious.
Oh & yes, I know the game hasn't started yet.

But since the Mafia will know I'm Town aligned:

Can I just ask the Vigilantes not to target me Night One (if I am alive past the first day lynch)? You'll just look bad, trust me. If I were you, I'd let the Mafia try to take me out. Feel free to use your shot on Night One, but I'm asking that you refrain from targeting me.

I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm a target and I'm someone the Mafia will want out. Just let the Mafia take me out instead of wasting your shots on me. I'm not worried about dying and am willing to die. {: I just want to die under the Mafia's hands & not Town's hands.

Thanks.

Her first theory involved Waffles public PM circle, which several people latched on to. It was obvious people were starting to follow her, which would have made her a threat to anyone she brought into the spotlight.
Personally I was wondering why iTookYourWaffles was saying publicly that she's interested in a PM circle to begin with her. Aren't you worried that you'll be targeted by the Mafia? If they know you're trying to start a PM circle, then wouldn't they want to squeeze themselves in or try to kill you off early to prevent any players from forming concrete bonds amongst themselves?

She also drew attention toward the inactives and the newer players, while appearing to still be undecided and potentially able to be manipulated.
I think it's important to hear from people like Farobi, Hikari, River & Oath2Order (probably at work? As I was told). I really understand that it's Day One and there isn't much to say .. even I'm having trouble coming up with contributive posts. What do you guys think of FireNinja1 versus iTookYourWaffles?

I'm kinda worried about the unknowns:

05. FanousOnTheLoose
13. Stargazer741
21. SirGanatar

Alongside the stronger players, I think it's a good idea that we keep those three in the spotlight. We know nothing about them and it'll be very easy for them to hide throughout the game. I am not accusing them of Mafia, rather asking the Town to keep them in the spotlight. Ask them questions, opinions .. anything.

I feel like FireNinja1 (nothing really stands out about his behaviour) & iTookYourWaffles (needs to defend herself still) won't make good Day One lynches.

Farobi, Kuma, Hikari, River, Gandalf:

Do you think it's wise to lynch one of the unknown players? Or would you guys feel more comfortable aiming for any lurkers? Or would you guys rather have the Town only target stronger players for Day One lynch? Feel free to make your own lists if you want.

Personally I would consider submitting a vote for anyone, as I'm not tied to any person. That being said, I would consider lynching a stronger player / unknown player (especially if they aren't trying to contribute). Everyone should be ready to defend themselves.

She threw out another list that contained the names of two since-proven scum, which may have got their attention, but was quickly thrown into the spotlight herself by SuperPenguin. His concerns, his offer to lynch Kayla in StarGazers place and his lack of enthusiasm for Trundle's lynch served to take the wind out of her sails.

I think iTookYourWaffles should be on the Detective list too. Even though you did publicly do the PM circle thing before the game started .. by that point everyone already had their roles. I would have been worried to be a target by the Mafia, but you weren't.

Detective list: iLoveYou, Kuma, Gandalf, Trundle (if he is alive), iTookYourWaffles
Just need to point out something.

You are stressing your desire for the mafia to be the ones to kill you rather than the town so often!
This is similar to Game II when you stressed getting rolechecked early on in the game. It just concerns me how you are behaving.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No. No. No. BBG is practically being confirmed as a sailor here right now! Why are you guys trying to kill him off? Go for a lurker instead, at least, omg! Why would you sacrifice someone who is appearing to be a Sailor just to play it safe? That's so pointless, omg. You want to lynch a confirmed sailor, lynch Kayla then who is constantly claiming she is of no value other then contributing to discussion. Seriously...

And with Trundle, yeah he's strong, so what? That doesn't mean town is at a complete loss if we lose him. Mafia is obviosuly going to aim for strong players at night, anyway.

You guys need to stop chickening out of lynches and put on your big boy pants and actually play the game. No more wussing out and going for "Oh, BBG is obviously a sailor. Let's just lynch him so Town doesn't run the risk of becoming crippled." That behavior needs to stop, or else when you are suspected, STOP SAYING YOU'RE A SAILOR! More times then ever you just sealed your faith with that one statement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Vote stands on Trundle, but I'd consider voting for Hikari or River for a lurker vote instead.

Later, Kayla reverted to her earlier tactic of insisting she was town, and offering to die to prove it. She mentioned that she would be willing to vote Trundle, but expressed concern that he may be a blue role and preferred to let him live through the night. Though his name has been thrown around several times, not one vote for Trundle came through that night.
Honestly, the only thing I am useful for is calling people out. At this point, if you feel like you wish to lynch me for this behaviour then I already placed the first vote on myself. Anyone can literally feel free to jump on me & lynch me right now. I am only 1/16 and am not tied to anyone though. I am seriously willing to die. Town nee

So, go for it. c: It'll just kinda suck that I ended up dying under Town's hands instead of Mafia's hands.

I am willing to vote for Trundle, as I am willing to vote for any player on that player list. The problem is, what if he's a blue role Nick? What if we lose an important blue role because we jumped the gun here? He's definitely displaying behavioural changes .. so is iTookYourWaffles. She did this last game and flipped Doctor. That's why I say it is better to just lynch safely on Day One. Trundle will still be suspicious Day 2, and if anything he can be questioned first on Day 2 if you are still concerned about him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town needs me for numbers and to absorb Mafia KP. ** sorry it cut off

Instead, she led the charge against StarGazer, someone the mafia knew was innocent. This took all the attention off of them and, by the end of the night, she had proved more useful than troublesome.
You voted without posting here in this thread. :c On BellBringerGreen too. Most people have been expressing concern because there's a chance he really is Town aligned. Some people voted for themselves because we were really unsure of what to do. You went ahead & straight out voted for BellBringerGreen without even making an explanation here.

Fishy. :c

Kuma was all to eager to follow up, reinforcing her original point.
Okay, I really don't feel like Trundle is a good lynch. I just fear that he could be an important blue role who coincidentally and somewhat changed their style of post. I still feel like BBG is suspicious, but I am more than welcome to change my vote to a lurker (for example, Stargazer).

By the end of the night, two of their names had slipped off the list completely. It was obvious she was rallying people around her, but she was no longer a direct threat. Her bold claims could have led them to believe she was a Townie/Veteran, and they would rather take their chances at hitting an action role in Tom and Lunatic.
I'd really like to see the following players post more:

Farobi (You are posting, but you really only post when you are called out)
Beary509 (started off by accusing others like me, Lunatic, Waffles - then disappeared)
Hikari (viewed the thread - never posted)
River (never viewed the thread - inactive)
FanousOnTheLoose (he has told several people in the IRC he would be away)

Feel free to join us during the Night / Day Two, since Day One is practically over. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only reason I didn't include FireNinja1 is because he's viewing the thread right now. So he's probably going to post or something.

Currently were at a point in the game where its likely shes shared whatever information she has with those she trusts, so shes only a target due to being one of the stronger players.

...and the rest, as they say, is history.

Captain's Log: Night 3

The death of one of their own had put an end to the evening?s celebrations. The few hours where they could try and forget that they were in a life or death situation were over: now they were back to fearing for their lives.

After beary509?s body had been lowered overboard, much of the crew simply finished their drinks and either went to bed or back to work. The gunner couldn?t just sit still after he had witnessed this many deaths: both pirates and sailors alike. Someone needed to take action.

With the list of names beary509 and had given, the gunner saw it as utmost priority to get access to the ship?s records - which led to the approach of the ship?s boatswain and the quarter master.

?Originally the log was kept in the captain?s quarters,? says the quarter master, ?but I moved them to my own shortly after her decease so that the pirates wouldn?t get access to them.?

?Clever thinking,? says the gunner.

The quarter master shakes their head. ?It was the doc?s idea.?

?And where is our friend the doctor anyway??

?On-deck,? says the boatswain, ?someone of superiority needs to keep on eye on those scallywags - else there?d be a massacre.?

The gunner?s rushed with a sense of bitterness as soon as the door opens. The quarter master?s chambers, a square box room with each side equal to the length of a hammock, is miles better than having to share a sleeping area with the sailors.

?Close the door behind you,? says the quarter master.

The room is tidy, with all of the quarter master?s belongings stored in a single bag under the hammock. However, behind it is a a copy of the hardbound ship?s log.

With so little space in the room, the three huddle together uncomfortably around the book as the quarter master tries to find information as to who was assigned to each post. The air becomes humid, between their wet clothes and the heat building within the tiny room.

They cross-reference the names beary509 had given the gunner. No doubt, whoever shot her had done it for a reason: they must have suspected that she would give the names of the people she had been working with under Trundle to the senior officer.

?Do you know any of these people?? the gunner asks them.

?Yes,? says the boatswain, ?I?ve done some investigation on each of them - but this new information means I may need to re-address their defences. None of them mentioned working under Trundle when questioned.?

?That?s because no one wants to associate themselves with anyone,? comes a voice from behind them, ?it?s a wonder the crew even trusts you three.?

They turn around to see someone stood in the doorway, holding a tray of three glasses.

The quarter master lowers their voice to a whisper. ?Didn?t I ask one of you to shut the door??

?I thought you did it?? the gunner and boatswain ask one another in unison.

?I brought you more rum, sirs,? says the servant, ?to take the edge off.?

The three officers exchange curious glances, before the gunner reaches out for the tray with both hands.

?Thanks,? the gunner says, ?it?s been a long day.?

The cabin attendant closes the door as he leaves, once again leaving the three officers in the small room. The gunner sighs and picks up one of the glasses.

?I really hope you?re not actually planning to drink that,? says the quarter master.

The gunner hesitates. ?Why??

?Our captain was killed through having her drink spiked with pentobarbital,? says the boatswain, ?and just now we came here without announcing our actions to anyone except the surgeon yet, somehow, the cabin boy just now knew not only our whereabouts but also how many of us are here.?

The boatswain points to each of the three glasses in turn.

?So, you?re trying to tell me that??

The gunner?s words are cut off as they hear a distinct click of metal. Immediately the quarter master pushes past the both of them, trying the door. It won?t open.

On the other side of the door, Dolby walks away spinning the key on his fingers. He hadn?t planned to stick around to eavesdrop a little more on the officers discussion - but it had become too dangerous. He knew it would only be a matter of time before that damned boatswain managed to clear the innocence of the sailors manning the quarterdeck.

He returns to the juniors? mess and pours another drink, mixing it with a strong anaesthetic he had swiped from the infirmary after Kuma had failed in her mission to acquire the drugs. The rum, served straight, was strong enough to mask the taste of the medicine.

?If you want a job done right you have to do it yourself,? Dolby mutters to himself, ?goddamn it, Kuma, why couldn?t you do anything right??

He returns to the deck, minding his step on the slippery surface. The surgeon is on the quarterdeck, no doubt conducting an investigation of his own.

?A drink to take the edge off, sir?? Dolby asks.

?Thanks.? The surgeon, unlike the other officers, doesn?t hesitate to swallow the lethal concoction. Downing it like a shot, he pulls a face after. ?God, that?s strong.?

He slams the glass down on the tray and then returns to instructing the sailors. Dolby waits, wondering if maybe this one hadn?t been as strong as the pentobarbital: the captain?s heart had stopped before she had even had a chance to finish her rum. Or maybe Dolby just hadn?t mixed enough in.

?What?re you still doing here, cabin boy? Go on, scram,? says the surgeon.

Dolby?s eyes flicker, trying to think of an excuse to stay. But maybe it would be in his best interests if he left. The other sailors seem much too busy to even notice his presence - and he really wants to see the surgeon suffer after the ruthlessness they had showed so far.

?What did I just tell you?? The surgeon rolls their eyes, then steps back and reaches behind a barrel: from behind they pull out their trusty rifle. ?Or are you waiting around to watch me die??

Dolby?s eyes snap wide open. ?W-what??

?You just tried to poison me, right?? The surgeon smirks when Dolby breaks eye contact: confirming the accusation as truth. ?You think I?d just leave everything in that cupboard correctly labelled after I know that the pirates have somehow gained access to my supplies??

?I, err, I??

?Everything in the sedatives cabinet has been replaced with weak medicines that would require massive dosages to be lethal,? explains the surgeon, ?from the second bottle that went missing from my supplies during the night, I?m almost certain you just tried to kill me with cough syrup.?

The sailors have abandoned their task, tuning in to watch the commotion. Looking around at their faces, Dolby realises that there is no chance of him talking his way out of this. He doesn?t even try to form a defence.

Dolby doesn?t fight the crew and, with a rifle pointed at his back, he begrudgingly walks the plank.

Dolby the Cabin Attendant underestimated the crew?s intelligence.

You have thirty-three and a half hours to submit night actions.
Mafia KP = 1.

Tl;dr

JUST KIDDING! GONNA READ NOW.

GG Mafia :p I assume River's next?

Dolby the Cabin Attendant underestimated the crew’s intelligence.

Untitled-1_zps90f494f0.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

And no I'm not hinting so yeah anyway so I guess it's between River and Fireninja?

Back