Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

I think it's not that long...

So does mine. Okay... Imma gonna stay offa dis thread until da game starts! XD

You might as well stay here. The game starts in 11 minutes.

EDIT: That was 11 PM GMT +/-0. That's 6 PM GMT -5.

Last edited:
Captain’s Log: Day 1

It was a rare occurrence aboard The Bellarbor, but to promote good teamwork and camaraderie among the crew, Tina called the senior ranks down to the juniors’ mess for dinner. To make the most of their perishable supplies, the ship’s cook prepared a special banquet.

After a meal of veel and fresh vegetables, some of the more artistic personalities among the crew rose from their seats to perform in front of their new comrades. Poetry readings and music serve as the evening entertainment. The crew applauds and, after much persuasion, 3DSFan134 was sent down to the storage to retrieve the rum.

He takes a crate of rum from the storage, hesitating after a moment. He hears a noise. Footsteps on wooden planks. He spins around in time to be blinded: specs of colour float about in front of his eyes.

“Who’s there?” he asks.

“I should be asking you the same thing,” returns the voice.

3DSFan134 rolls his eyes. “You should be in the mess with everyone else.”

The colours sink into darkness. He can’t make out who he is talking to, but a sliver of light shines on the head of their mop. 3DSFan134 almost chuckles. It’s just a harmless swabbie.

“This na?ve act the captain’s pulling is making me sick,” says the swabbie, “she’s trying to make us think that we’re all equal, regardless of rank. But if we ever run short on supplies I bet that godforsaken drunk wouldn’t hesitate to turn a gun on one of her own sailors and turn cannibal.”

3DSFan134 shakes his head. “She wouldn’t do that.”

“Do you know the real reason she wanted us to all dine in one room tonight?” asks the swabbie. “She’s figured it out already: that there are traitors among the crew. She wants to see how we all interact in order to suss out the scum.”

“There are traitors on board?” 3DSFan134’s eyes widen. “What do they want?”

The swabbie laughs. “Isn’t it obvious? We want the ship.”

“We?” 3DSFan134 repeats. “You’re one of them, aren’t you? You’re scum.”

“Whoops. You caught me.” The swabbie snickers and flips the mop, brandishing it like a sword. “But this just makes things easier. We can cut the crap and get to the point.”

3DSFan134 cocks his head. “Are you seriously threatening me with a mop?”

The swabbie smirks. “I’ve the key to the medi-bay. The surgeon has a bottle of pentobarbital stashed in a cupboard labelled sedatives.”

3DSFan134 hesitates for a moment, wondering why this information should have any relevance to him. Then it hits him. “Are you saying I should spike the captain’s drink?”

“Whose life is more significant: your’s or the captain’s?” The swabbie reaches into their pocket and retrieves a long, narrow key. It makes a low clanking sound as it hits the deck. “I should get back to the mess. Ciao.”

“Yeah, bye.”

When 3DSFan134 returns to the mess, the captain rises from her seat and applauds. He forces a nervous smile and then glances around the table: eager, greedy faces look to him - and he wonders just how many of those people are liars. A fifth? A quarter? Maybe even as much as a third?

He makes rounds of the tables, handing out glasses to each and every member of the crew. Once he’s finished, he pours a glass of rum for himself and then sits down opposite the captain. He can barely breathe, ringing his hands, as he waits for the captain to take a sip. Rarely seen sober, Tina is quick to bring the glass to her lips and takes a generous swig. She doesn’t even manage half of her drink before proceeding to fall face first onto her empty plate.

The surgeon scurries across the room and, after checking for a pulse, confirms that Tina has died. All eyes turn on the chef.

“You did this,” says the surgeon, “there’s no doubt about it.”

“I was forced!” 3DSFan134 doesn’t even deny his involvement in their captain’s death. “A swabbie made me do it!”

The senior ranks chortle, as if this is really a time to be laughing.

“A swabbie made him do it, he says!” The gunner laughs. “Do you really think we’re gonna fall for that?”

“I’m serious!” 3DSFan134 jumps to his feet and turns around, glancing around the room as he tries to find the person who had threatened him. He fails to identify them. He turns back to plea with the surgeon. “A swabbie is really one of the traitors!”

“Traitors?” asks a sailor.

“Actually,” interrupts the boatswain, “The captain told me that she suspected that there are traitors among the crew.”

The sailing master clears their throat. “3DSFan134 must be one of them.”

“Kill him!”

3DSFan134 recognises that voice - it was the one he had heard down in the storage room. His words are muffled as the surgeon’s hand smothers his mouth with a handkerchief. He quickly loses consciousness. The surgeon leads the crew out onto the main deck, where everyone gets a clear view as 3DSFan134’s body is thrown overboard.

Blue rises to the surface.

Tina the Captain drank spiked rum.
3DSFan134 the Ship’s Cook (WotC) was fed to the sharks.

You have 24 hours (until 11PM GMT / 6PM EST Tuesday) to lynch a pirate. Votes will be made in the The Voting Thread.
Captain's Tip: don't role claim to iLoveYou.

Last edited:
Just as a question that doesn't actually matter for the game, shouldn't we, instead of lynching, refer to it as walk the plank in the official posts? It just seems more piratey

PZYyM9y.jpg

Back