• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I entered with the mayor after that and the plot appeared. Weird.

Whether or not there is a new plot is fairly random each time you enter the game, with greater and greater chance for a new plot for each day that passes. So you should get a house with the new character even if there is no new plot, and then try again the next day.

Hello! Can the shooting star shower occurs at the same time as the cherry blossom festival?

edit: alright, that sounds so neat. thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm hoping someone can clarify something about villager adoption for me. I started playing a few days ago and it was easy to adopt a couple of villagers from people offering them on the forum here. Now I have ten villagers so am I right in thinking that I have to wait until one of them leaves before I can adopt another one of my choice?

In other words, you can't just kick villagers out the same way you can using an amiibo card, you have to wait for a natural vacancy before adoption. Have I understood correctly?

I'm not complaining by the way, I just want to have it clear in my head so I don't waste anyone's time if I decide to adopt again.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can clarify something about villager adoption for me. I started playing a few days ago and it was easy to adopt a couple of villagers from people offering them on the forum here. Now I have ten villagers so am I right in thinking that I have to wait until one of them leaves before I can adopt another one of my choice?

In other words, you can't just kick villagers out the same way you can using an amiibo card, you have to wait for a natural vacancy before adoption. Have I understood correctly?

I'm not complaining by the way, I just want to have it clear in my head so I don't waste anyone's time if I decide to adopt again.

you are correct. you just have to wait till one moves out, or dish out some ???.

Thank you for answering. I thought that was the case but just wanted someone to confirm.

I'm just wondering, in your experience how many days does it usually take before a new villager naturally moves in?

Thank you for answering. I thought that was the case but just wanted someone to confirm.

I'm just wondering, in your experience how many days does it usually take before a new villager naturally moves in?

if you're below 9 villagers, it will take around 2 or 3 days. if you have 9 or 10, a new villager won't naturally move in unless you invite them, then it will take 1 to 3 days for an invited villager to move in.

I just restarted on my second cartridge and I'm confused about something.
I swear that I paid for my house yesterday (the first after getting the tent) through the ABD repay loan function. Then I went to Nook and could only choose "down payment", which he refused accepting. Today when I went to him, and selected "down payment", he gladly accepted the 10000 bells. So now I've paid 20000 bells. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

I swear that I paid for my house yesterday (the first after getting the tent) through the ABD repay loan function. Then I went to Nook and could only choose "down payment", which he refused accepting. Today when I went to him, and selected "down payment", he gladly accepted the 10000 bells. So now I've paid 20000 bells. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Now, it's been forever since I started my town, but from what I gather from one of the wikis, you have to pay the 10,000 directly to the Nook man before the initial house expansion, then the remainder for that inital house through the ABD.

If other things happened, it may be a bug, or that your game didn't save the first time you made a 10,000 payment to Nook.

Now, it's been forever since I started my town, but from what I gather from one of the wikis, you have to pay the 10,000 directly to the Nook man before the initial house expansion, then the remainder for that inital house through the ABD.

This.

As far as I know, you have to pay the initial 10,000 bells to Nook to be able to get a house (from a tent) then the next payment and so on, goes to the ABD. Make sure you talk to him the first time after upgrading the house or else you won't be able to make a down payment.

I feel like you either forgot to save or confused that you paid for it but that happened in your other town :D

Yeah, I don't know. I could easily be misremembering some details, but I know that this all took place in one town - whatever "this" is :p
It's been so long since the last time I started a new town or character, I'd completely forgotten that you pay off the first loan in cash, so I just went to the ABD to pay it off, like I've been used to. And I was so sure that I'd paid, so it was extremely confusing to be treated like I hadn't.

Does scanning amiibo cards use up blocks of space on 3DS system and/or SD card? I hope not because I'm thinking of buying a NFC reader and getting amiibo cards.

Does scanning amiibo cards use up blocks of space on 3DS system and/or SD card? I hope not because I'm thinking of buying a NFC reader and getting amiibo cards.

No, since it's an ingame activity. Only things like purchasing DLC or recent updates use block space.

I scanned Reese's amiibo today to visit with her RV and now I can't sell at Re-tail because Wisp is bad at maths. Does the same thing happen with all the AC amiibo figures with Wisp taking their place but unable to do their job?

I scanned Reese's amiibo today to visit with her RV and now I can't sell at Re-tail because Wisp is bad at maths. Does the same thing happen with all the AC amiibo figures with Wisp taking their place but unable to do their job?

i'm pretty sure it does happen with all characters.

Back