• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If I have Shari moving out on the 21st, and I want to replace Buck with Shep via amiibo, will that cancel Shari moving out?

I'm not sure! I would wait until Shari is in boxes to scan in Shep. You can have 2 villagers in boxes to move out, one the old fashioned way and one via amiibo. :)

Another trading question. For example, if someone is selling off millions of bells, how would that work? Because you can't fit millions of bells into your pockets.

Another trading question. For example, if someone is selling off millions of bells, how would that work? Because you can't fit millions of bells into your pockets.

Its actually very slow. The user stuffs as many bells as they can into their pockets, drops them off, then runs back to the ABD to grab more. This is repeated until all of the bells asked for have been dropped off.

Another method is to just buy things from Re-Tail priced at 999999. The money goes into your ABD the next day and they'll likely need to drop the difference but it's still much more convenient IMO.

I've heard before that there's a limit to how many villagers can plot in a given area of your town and that it's not just based on space. Is this true? What's that limit? 5 per each side of the river?

Hello, I hope this hasn't been asked yet. I used an amiibo card to get a villager to visit my campground. When I asked her to move in she seemed like she was going to, but then said she has too much to do first. I have nine villagers and now I'm wondering if I don't have room because of my paths? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello, I hope this hasn't been asked yet. I used an amiibo card to get a villager to visit my campground. When I asked her to move in she seemed like she was going to, but then said she has too much to do first. I have nine villagers and now I'm wondering if I don't have room because of my paths? Has anyone else experienced this?

There's probably an event (like fishing tourney) during that time. They'd still move in even if you fill the whole town with paths. It's just that they might plot their house on top of them.

So, I'm new, and I just had a really simple question. How exactly does the void work, and why is it called the void? Like I've seen people joking and making fan-fictions that it's where villagers are killed, but that's not actually true is it? Like, it's just a data thing, and canonically the villagers that leave just go live somewhere else, right? Like that name isn't in any way canon is it?

I need some help with plot resetting... I put patterns everywhere but a few missed 3x3 spots sadly. Yet no matter how many times I try, chief wont appear here. Baf luck or is the spot unusuable for some reason? 20170525_182147.jpg

edit sorry idk why it rotated

Last edited:
If another perfect fruit tree dies and loses it's leaves does Leif send you another bag of fertilizer even after the first one?

how do you get amiibo card villagers to move out besides getting 10 villagers, scanning a new one, and forcing them out?

Last edited:
I really need to know... I'm not sure if this is the best place for this question but I don't know where else to go... I really want to play the japanese version of acnl, but I only have a USA 3ds. I do own the cartriage for both the USA and JPN versions and I also have a CFW 3ds. I looked everywhere,but I couldn't find a surefire method. Can anyone tell me the best way to play the JPN acnl on my 3ds?

Can bugs walk on patterns or do they disappear? Idk if I should cover my entire town on patterns or not since I need a tarantula and an scorpion and they run around a lot.

Can bugs walk on patterns or do they disappear? Idk if I should cover my entire town on patterns or not since I need a tarantula and an scorpion and they run around a lot.

They do walk on patterns! I have a lot of tiger beetles and long locusts on mine, at least. :)

Question: Is it worth cycling out Ankha just to get her house one row down?
image.jpg

Back