Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I have been thinking lately of getting the hello kitty amiibo cards pack.
My question is , Can the villagers to move into my town? Thanks! : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh nvm. 150$ for the pack. Jesus Christ. I'll pass. LOL

Ok, this happened today and freaked me out a bit and I was wondering if it's normal/happened to anybody else. Rudy was inside his house, so I went in to talk to him a few times. He tells me there's a rumor that I'm a world traveler. Now, since he talked about a rumor, that should mean no one's planning on moving, right? But a few minutes later, Deirdre said that Zucker wants to move out. I stopped him in time, but I'm really confused about what Rudy said. Should I only pay attention to the villagers who are currently outdoors, or what?

Ok, this happened today and freaked me out a bit and I was wondering if it's normal/happened to anybody else. Rudy was inside his house, so I went in to talk to him a few times. He tells me there's a rumor that I'm a world traveler. Now, since he talked about a rumor, that should mean no one's planning on moving, right? But a few minutes later, Deirdre said that Zucker wants to move out. I stopped him in time, but I'm really confused about what Rudy said. Should I only pay attention to the villagers who are currently outdoors, or what?

Same here. I've been called several times a time traveler although I have not had any issues dealing with the villagers moving out at all. I guess you can take a -few days- break from TT , talk to your villagers and it will all go back to normal. That's what I usually do and it works fine.

Last edited:
What do you guys think would be faster for new house plot locations temporary patterns (every 4 or so squares) or reset trick?

Is there a guide? I noticed when I do the reset trick villagers only pick a few spots since I have so many PWP's. I guess I could do a mixture of both

What do you guys think would be faster for new house plot locations temporary patterns (every 4 or so squares) or reset trick?

Is there a guide? I noticed when I do the reset trick villagers only pick a few spots since I have so many PWP's. I guess I could do a mixture of both

i do a mixture of both! so i place qrs every two spots on my map, and leave a couple places for the villager to plot. it should be just fine, but i always plot reset too just to make sure i didn't leave out a spot, and to make sure they go into the right place. usually it goes really well like this- my last villager move in was teddy and when i did these things, i got him into place in only 4 resets (the first three times, he insisted on plotting where i was going to put my new character house yknow ;))!

hope that helps! best to keep it safe and do both :)

does anyone know a good path border tutorial? tried to make one by eyeballing paths online but would probably do better with an actual guide lmao

Rumors about your mayor are different than the rumor dialogue villagers will say when nobody is moving. There are many different labels villagers will call you (world traveler, homewtown hero, pro listener, etc.) but these have no relation to whether other villagers are moving or not.

Animal Crossing Wiki said:
Cranky villagers will state that rumors can be frightening.
Jock villagers may ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.
Normal villagers will comment that they will only spread rumors they have seen themselves.
Lazy villagers will tell the player that there's a rumor of another villager having very ticklish feet, and that they will use it to their advantage in the future.
Smug villagers may remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.
Snooty villagers will use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly. They will also be concerned if it's rumored that they've been talking about the player behind their back.
Uchi villagers will complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.
Peppy villagers will ask the player for any gossip, think you are keeping something secret, and ask for you to give them the details.

These quotes are the dialogue a villager will say when no villager is thinking of moving. Otherwise, a villager will say "so-and-so villager is thinking of moving..." or whatever. So to use your example, Rudy to talked about you, the player, and labelled you one of their many labels but he did not say the lines jock villagers will say when nobody is moving. Deirdre, however, talked about how another villager was moving.

Hopefully this helped!

I came to ask a question that has been itching me for a while: How long does it take by resetting your town to get a certain character (weird, I know) I want to know because in my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, my favorite villager, Biskit, moved out. (This wasn't needed was it? I know it is a question to never be answered)

Last edited:
I came to ask a question that has been itching me for a while: How long does it take by resetting your town to get a certain character (weird, I know) I want to know because in my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, my favorite villager, Biskit, moved out. (This wasn't needed was it? I know it is a question to never be answered)

You'll need to go through the 16 villager cycle first. After the 16th villager has moved out, there's a possibility Biskit could appear on your campsite or move in as the random 9th villager if you get to 8, but it's a one in 458 chance.
You can adopt him here on the forums quickly, though, so just go through the cycle and I'm sure people will help you adopt him. :)

Rumors about your mayor are different than the rumor dialogue villagers will say when nobody is moving. There are many different labels villagers will call you (world traveler, homewtown hero, pro listener, etc.) but these have no relation to whether other villagers are moving or not.

OMG thank you so much! I thought that any kind of rumor meant no move-outs - I'm really glad I asked. There's still so much I don't know about this game :')

Ok, I created a dream address for the first time today (yelling internally), and I set out some clothes for visitors to wear. Are they far enough to the side so they won't get removed by the bed + Luna? I'm 99% sure they're fine where they are, but I just wanted to be certain :)
harQm2k.jpg

OMG thank you so much! I thought that any kind of rumor meant no move-outs - I'm really glad I asked. There's still so much I don't know about this game :')

Ok, I created a dream address for the first time today (yelling internally), and I set out some clothes for visitors to wear. Are they far enough to the side so they won't get removed by the bed + Luna? I'm 99% sure they're fine where they are, but I just wanted to be certain :)
harQm2k.jpg

i think they should be fine there! i always place my stuff next to the tree just to be safe, but your placement should work out nicely! :blush:

harQm2k.jpg

That'll be fine, Luna won't land on your items. And your town looks interesting! I'm going to visit it!

Last edited:
I have a rock 1 space away from the river. Can I place a bridge behind it?

E.g.

RRBBRR
RRBBRR
???????
???O???

R = river
B = bridge
? = grass
O = rock

Last edited:
I have a rock 1 space away from the river. Can I place a bridge behind it?

E.g.

RRBBRR
RRBBRR
–––––––
–––O–––

R = river
B = bridge
– = grass
O = rock

yes, you should be able to! i accidentally built a bridge like this a couple months ago hahah- i was on the opposite bank of the river and i didn't realize the rock was right in front of the bridge on the other side and approved the building. i've since gotten rid of that bridge and erected a new one, but it's definitely possible! :blush:

yes, you should be able to! i accidentally built a bridge like this a couple months ago hahah- i was on the opposite bank of the river and i didn't realize the rock was right in front of the bridge on the other side and approved the building. i've since gotten rid of that bridge and erected a new one, but it's definitely possible! :blush:

Thanks for the response! :)

I have another two questions:

1. When a villager in your town is in boxes, can you ask someone else to move in on the same day from another town?

2. Can villagers use the hot spring? http://68.media.tumblr.com/6b18193c08d0401d4a0890eabbce476f/tumblr_npstmeWfLt1u2b9ato1_1280.jpg
I've never built the hot spring before so I'm not sure if it's interactive.

Back