• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

In the catalog, under furniture, there is 4 different sub-categories -the apple for furniture, wallpaper for wallpaper, carpet for carpet and then an apple with a house over it for ...what? Mine is empty.

Sorry if this is such a noob question

In the catalog, under furniture, there is 4 different sub-categories -the apple for furniture, wallpaper for wallpaper, carpet for carpet and then an apple with a house over it for ...what? Mine is empty.

Sorry if this is such a noob question

That catalog sub-category is for the Happy Home Designer (HHD) save data items (obtained by "cataloging" or linking HHD data with Animal Crossing: New Leaf game).

HHD items:
http://moridb.com/items/search?cate...py+Home+Designer+save+data&interior=&fashion=

Linking HHD/ACNL:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...appy-home-designer-data-(animal-crossing:-new

Oh, and just to be 100% sure -Amiibo villagers from series 1-4 cannot move out on their own accord? Like, I have to scan in another cart to replace them?

I scanned in Gaston and Wart Jr. to move Whitney's house off my path, but obviously I don't want them forever. So the only way to remove them is to buy new cards, right?

Apparently Blathers won't take fossils you got from someone else? Is that really the case, or am I just doing something wrong? I know for certain I'm missing the skull on the apatosaurus, and I bought it from someone here and Blathers won't take it.

Apparently Blathers won't take fossils you got from someone else? Is that really the case, or am I just doing something wrong? I know for certain I'm missing the skull on the apatosaurus, and I bought it from someone here and Blathers won't take it.

He will take fossils and art that you got from someone else. Did you confirm that you do need it? Go outside the museum and look at the sign that lists the museum exhibits. That's the easiest way to be sure.

Are you trying to give him already identified fossils? Because I don't think you can give them to him at that stage.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I think I'm wrong about that, come to think of it.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to plant trees along what will be a path. Obviously I'm waiting until the trees are grown to put the path down so it won't kill the trees.

I planted 9 trees yesterday. 7 of them are totally fine today. 2 of them were dead. I know you need to have a blank space all around trees when you plant them or they will die. There was nothing there. I'm planting them like this...

| and _ = empty spaces

Tree_(what will be path)
|

Tree_(what will be path)
|

Tree_(what will be path)

etc

I made sure there are blank spaces on every side of the trees, I chopped up all extra trees in the vicinity, and I did not plant too close to rivers or buildings. So I'm confused why 2 of them died.

Can anyone tell me what the other landscaping limitations are besides spacing? I think there's something about number of trees in a particular area. I've never tried hard to make nice landscaping before so I'm new to this.

It might be the so-called dead spots, where neither trees, nor bushes will grow. I seem to recall something about the number of stuff in an acre, but I never had the patience to really get into it.

It might be the so-called dead spots, where neither trees, nor bushes will grow. I seem to recall something about the number of stuff in an acre, but I never had the patience to really get into it.

Oh, dead spots! I forgot about those!

I tried planting a new tree in one of the spots that a tree died - but did not plant a tree in the second spot where the second tree died. I'm curious to see what happens tomorrow - if it grows correctly or if it will die again.

If your town is full 10/10 and you invite one of the returning villagers to the RV-park, will you be able to invite him to move in or do you need a free slot for him?

If your town is full 10/10 and you invite one of the returning villagers to the RV-park, will you be able to invite him to move in or do you need a free slot for him?

If you're using your own Welcome Amiibo card and they're in your campsite (RV park), then no there doesn't have to be a free spot. Just talk to them and ask them to move to your town, then they'll tell you the town is full but I'll talk to Isabelle, and then the villager will ask you which villager you want to kick out.

How many of you guys choose to keep your friend codes private? I do. I don't really like the idea of people being able to grab 'em and then find me elsewhere online ('cause if you Google them you can find out where else they've been posted). Wasn't sure whether this was irrational of me or not.

How many of you guys choose to keep your friend codes private? I do. I don't really like the idea of people being able to grab 'em and then find me elsewhere online ('cause if you Google them you can find out where else they've been posted). Wasn't sure whether this was irrational of me or not.

I don't post my FC anywhere but Bell Tree, so it doesn't help for that. My username is a different matter, of course. :p

If you don't post your FC anywhere else, they can't track you.

So I'm trying to plant trees along what will be a path. Obviously I'm waiting until the trees are grown to put the path down so it won't kill the trees.

Can anyone tell me what the other landscaping limitations are besides spacing? I think there's something about number of trees in a particular area. I've never tried hard to make nice landscaping before so I'm new to this.

Paths won't prevent a tree from growing. I don't believe in dead spots, but there are guides about max. number of trees in an area. If you're just lining a path, I doubt if you're reaching that limit. There is a line in the middle of town below which cedar trees can't grow. If that's what you're trying to plant, it could be that.

Paths won't prevent a tree from growing. I don't believe in dead spots, but there are guides about max. number of trees in an area. If you're just lining a path, I doubt if you're reaching that limit. There is a line in the middle of town below which cedar trees can't grow. If that's what you're trying to plant, it could be that.

Oh, thank you for this. I assumed the line was the river, but now that I think about it - I do have a few cedar trees (ones that were there when I started the town) below the river. But they're all on parts that are more northern. I bet that's the issue, as I tried planting a cedar tree again yesterday and it was dead today. I'll experiment again and try planting a regular tree in that spot now and see what happens.

are we allowed to make threads about hacking? i screwed up my dock and cant even get to the island anymore. idk where i can ask for help haha. this is the only AC forum i know of that is active all the time... and i really wanna go to the island but kapp'n's boat is just floating in mid-air. looks cool, but i cant get on it D:

are we allowed to make threads about hacking? i screwed up my dock and cant even get to the island anymore. idk where i can ask for help haha. this is the only AC forum i know of that is active all the time... and i really wanna go to the island but kapp'n's boat is just floating in mid-air. looks cool, but i cant get on it D:

If you send me a private message I can try to help you out!

Hacking discussion isn't allowed here in public, though, unfortunately.

So about luck and Feng Shui... I'm trying to increase my daily luck by a reasonably high amount, and I saw the pic on the AC Wikia page about Feng Shui and the color tiles. It seems it can get pretty crammed if you're trying to go for high luck points. But my question is - do items have no Feng Shui effect if they're blocked off by other items? Like if I place the juicy-apple TV behind a bunch of other items to the point where I can't access it, does it still contribute to Feng Shui?

And what about wearing a clover? I'm not particularly fond of either the celebration hat or the tingle hood, and I usually have to order the daily luck item if it's not at the Able Sisters. Do the clovers have the same effect as lucky clothing?

Back