Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I wouldn't put it in the trash, as if it's a seed, it may brick your game.
See if Reese takes it (as a rubbish item).

Thank you for responding! Someone from my other forum asked me for it, so I gave it to him. I never used it. I hope that was okay. I don't have anything against people who use hacked items so I didn't want to waste the infinite basket if someone wanted it. I just personally don't want to play that way.

You think my game is safe now that I am rid of it? Or did I make it worse by giving it to someone else?

- - - Post Merge - - -

It'd be better to get rid of it, just in case. Sell it to Reese or throw it on the trash can if you have one.
You can change the time and date with Isabelle, but take notice that going further than 6 am will count as time traveling one day forward. So speak with all your villager to find one if anyone's moving. It might be better to adjust the game to the new timezone before you travel, at home, so you can check those things with more ease. :)

Thank you for responding! Appreciate it. Just a quick follow up question. So I am located in South East Asia and will be going to NYC on Thursday. That means I am traveling back in time. So I need to make sure that I do not exceed 6AM the day before? Also when I travel forward in time (when I come back to my country) also need to make sure I do not exceed 6AM the day after?

Also, sorry for the noob question, but what is time travel and how does it affect the game (aside from possibly loosing some villagers).

Will it work if I just adjust the time zone on my DS itself?

Last edited:
Thank you for responding! Someone from my other forum asked me for it, so I gave it to him. I never used it. I hope that was okay. I don't have anything against people who use hacked items so I didn't want to waste the infinite basket if someone wanted it. I just personally don't want to play that way.

You think my game is safe now that I am rid of it? Or did I make it worse by giving it to someone else?

You should be safe. ^_^
I just wouldn't have put it down anywhere, in case it bricked your game.

Last edited:
I put it in my cabinet. I hope that's not too bad. Another noob question, what do you mean when you say "brick your game?"

- - - Post Merge - - -

You should be safe. ^_^
I just wouldn't have put it down anywhere, in case it bricked your game.

I put it in my cabinet. I hope that's not too bad. Another noob question, what do you mean when you say "brick your game?"

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your game could freeze at start-up, permanently.
It's best to stay away from that stuff. ^_^

Thank you for responding! Appreciate it. Just a quick follow up question. So I am located in South East Asia and will be going to NYC on Thursday. That means I am traveling back in time. So I need to make sure that I do not exceed 6AM the day before? Also when I travel forward in time (when I come back to my country) also need to make sure I do not exceed 6AM the day after?

Also, sorry for the noob question, but what is time travel and how does it affect the game (aside from possibly loosing some villagers).

Will it work if I just adjust the time zone on my DS itself?

Here's a bit of info on time traveling you should probably read so you can understand what I'm about to say: http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Time_Traveling_Guide
So, that's right: if your game is at 3 pm, let's say, and when you get there it's 10 am, changing the clock back will not count as a time travel, since you stayed within the same day in game (the day starts at 6 am). If you're at 10 am, though, and when you get there it's 5 am, let's say, turning the clock back will cross the 6 am barrier and the game will count as if you had gone forward one day (traveling backwards counts as one day forward, no matter how far you go).
Hope it all made sense! :)

Hi everyone! I?m new here so bear with me. I have two questions:

1. I visited someone?s town because I needed a bug net. The host gave me an infinite fruit basket and didn?t know it was a hacked item. I?m worried that:

(A) it will affect my game. Will it?
(B) I don?t want to use it, how do I get rid of it?

2. I?m going on holiday to a country with a different time zone. Will I be able to adjust my ACNL time too without affecting my gameplay? I?ll be abroad for Toy Day so it would be ideal to be able to set my ACNL on the time zone I?m on.

Thanks for the help!

-MayorBastet-

i know you already got rid of it, but just letting you know that i have like 10 in my town and they don't do anything to the game. feel free to keep them if you like, but just don't sell it to anybody here as they're prohibited.

Can you use amiibo cards to do the 16 villager cycle, or do you have to move out villagers naturally?

For example if I kick out Zucker naturally, I scan in Bob, then use Shari's amiibo card to kick Bob out, and then use another amiibo card to kick out Shari and so on, does that count towards the 16 villager cycle for Zucker?

If someone is in boxes ready to leave are they already counted as being in the void or no?

If someone is in boxes ready to leave are they already counted as being in the void or no?

You mean, can they move to other people's towns through the void if you visit them? I don't believe so, they'd need to be out. But you can get voided villagers yourself if you have someone in boxes, meaning that said visit could result in you getting a voided villager the next day, even if the other person would be safe.

I have a couple questions about Toy Day. First, I still don't know what Robin wants. I mean, I know she wants carpet, but I don't know what color. Can I still talk to her to find out what she wants today? Second, when Jingle gives me the presents to deliver, will there only be the presents for the villagers, or will there be extras?

I have a couple questions about Toy Day. First, I still don't know what Robin wants. I mean, I know she wants carpet, but I don't know what color. Can I still talk to her to find out what she wants today? Second, when Jingle gives me the presents to deliver, will there only be the presents for the villagers, or will there be extras?

If there's more than one carpet in the bag and you can't guess by exclusion, save and continue before giving it to her. If she says it's wrong, close without saving and give the other carpet. :)
There's no extras, only 10 presents for 10 villagers. You get a reward after finishing everything though. :)

Does anyone know if you have to get the 100% approval rating in a new town before visitors can come to town and amiibo can be scanned in? I would like to cycle some amiibo villagers for Christmas, but I'm not sure if I am allowed before I reach the 100%.

Does anyone know if you have to get the 100% approval rating in a new town before visitors can come to town and amiibo can be scanned in? I would like to cycle some amiibo villagers for Christmas, but I'm not sure if I am allowed before I reach the 100%.

You do not need 100% town rating to be able to scan an Amiibo card, just as soon as you get Wisp.

You do not need 100% town rating to be able to scan an Amiibo card, just as soon as you get Wisp.

Thank you so much! I think I'll do a little free villager cycling today for people then~ this helps a bunch, I appreciate you answering my question. ^^

I have a question about Gulliver; it says that he appears washed up on your town's beach at 6 am once a week. when does he leave though, if you haven't woken him up that is? I don't really remember if I saw him at night-time or not, is there a specific time of day that he leaves without you interacting with him?

When obtaining the golden shovel and silver watering can does one player have to buy 50 fertilizer/seeds, or does it count for all?

edit: I found this out myself. If anyone reading this is curious of the answer, it's per player. Maybe that was obvious though....

Last edited:
if you invite multiple villagers into your town at once, will all of them move in one at a time, or will only one of them move in and the rest will be voided?

if you invite multiple villagers into your town at once, will all of them move in one at a time, or will only one of them move in and the rest will be voided?
Only the last one invited will move in and you'll have to wait for a open spot to adopt again.

Back