• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I might be wrong but I feel like, assuming you broke the ore rock the day prior (and even if not, I think it changes daily), you could just time travel back to 5:55 AM or something similarly close to 6 AM (when the new day starts), save and quit, wait out however many minutes you need until 6 AM, then resume plot resetting. If I'm not wrong, this would hopefully make the rock spawn in a different location. This is probably too late to be of any use, but it's worth a shot.

if i plant a perfect fruit that isn't my native one will the tree die or will it turn into a normal fruit tree?

It will turn into a normal tree, which is why I highly recommend trading them in at retail when they?re on special stock.
can villagers plot over the stupid ore rocks? cause one spawned where i want this villager to plot and im resetting atm
No, they can?t. Unless you break the rock, then yeah, but if you leave the rock as it is, then no. Think about when you first start with Tom Nook and you choose where to plot your house. He mentions that you can?t put your house over any rocks, even if they?re breakable.

It will turn into a normal tree, which is why I highly recommend trading them in at retail when they’re on special stock.

No, they can’t. Unless you break the rock, then yeah, but if you leave the rock as it is, then no. Think about when you first start with Tom Nook and you choose where to plot your house. He mentions that you can’t put your house over any rocks, even if they’re breakable.

that is incredibly stupid. luckily as i kept plot resetting the rock moved places.

Is it true that people can't place patterns in a town that's not their own? I've never had someone try. And I'm considering paying someone for path layout help.

Is it true that people can't place patterns in a town that's not their own? I've never had someone try. And I'm considering paying someone for path layout help.

I've never been able to put down patterns in someone else's town. I assume it's because the qr code would exist in your town and not the other player's town, so there is no way to put it in their town.

It's true; visitors cannot erase or place new tiles in another town. If you'll have someone help you, they'd have to place flowers or dig holes where the paths would be and you'd have to place them yourself later. :)

It's true; visitors cannot erase or place new tiles in another town. If you'll have someone help you, they'd have to place flowers or dig holes where the paths would be and you'd have to place them yourself later. :)
That sounds like a lot of work. Such a shame cause I'm struggling with my path layout.

Okay so a bit of a weird question. Tonight one of my villagers (a snooty) pinged me to give me an item. She claimed she got it from an uchi villager, and told me not to tell him she had regifted it. I'm coming back to the franchise after being away for a while so I'm not super familiar with the uchi personality. From a bit of research I see that they're intended to be tomboys/big sisters that'll fite anyone who wrongs you. The snooty villager's comment just threw me for a loop since I'd been thinking of this character as female. Is it... normal for villagers to refer to uchis by the wrong pronouns?

i have 2 towns. one is not connected to streetpass and the other is. a villager moved out of my non streetpass town. will i get it in my other town? even though i do not play them at the same time?

Okay so a bit of a weird question. Tonight one of my villagers (a snooty) pinged me to give me an item. She claimed she got it from an uchi villager, and told me not to tell him she had regifted it. I'm coming back to the franchise after being away for a while so I'm not super familiar with the uchi personality. From a bit of research I see that they're intended to be tomboys/big sisters that'll fite anyone who wrongs you. The snooty villager's comment just threw me for a loop since I'd been thinking of this character as female. Is it... normal for villagers to refer to uchis by the wrong pronouns?

It happens sometimes, it's an error in translation. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you both for the answers. ^^ Sometimes when games are very polished like AC:NL, it's a bit easy to forget that a lot of the time, they had to be translated into English from Japanese. Given the inherent unpredictability of which villagers will be in your town, this type of mistake makes a lot of sense. I probably would have realized it was a translation error if it was any other villager besides my uchi. Anyway, I'm glad to see this wasn't intentionally done.

How do people sell their villagers (and so many of them)? Surely they can't just have them move out whenever they want, so how do they do it? I figure it has something to do with amiibo cards, but like, how do they use them to move into other people's towns?

Please like my comment if you answer. Thanks! <3

Last edited:
How do people sell their villagers (and so many of them)? Surely they can't just have them move out whenever they want, so how do they do it? I figure it has something to do with amiibo cards, but like, how do they use them to move into other people's towns?

Please like my comment if you answer. Thanks! <3

If you scan in an amiibo villager in a full town, you can choose one of the 10 current villagers to boot out. Said villager is immediately put in boxes, so the seller can have people over and adopt them.

Trying to get perfect town but Isabelle keeps telling me that my villagers would like more greenery--

but my town is already covered in flowers and shrubs/trees so I cant understand what I'm missing. I've gotten it before already. Theres no junk around and have maxed villagers as well... :(

If you scan in an amiibo villager in a full town, you can choose one of the 10 current villagers to boot out. Said villager is immediately put in boxes, so the seller can have people over and adopt them.

OH DUH!! I never thought of that ... whoops?
Thanks for clarifying! :)

Trying to get perfect town but Isabelle keeps telling me that my villagers would like more greenery--

but my town is already covered in flowers and shrubs/trees so I cant understand what I'm missing. I've gotten it before already. Theres no junk around and have maxed villagers as well... :(

How many pwps do you have placed, and which ones?

Edit:Also, shrubs don't count toward greenery for some reason - only trees and flowers.

Last edited:
How many pwps do you have placed, and which ones?

Edit:Also, shrubs don't count toward greenery for some reason - only trees and flowers.

I have things like street lights, benches, the windmill, the shaped tall bushes (tulip/round/square)
I'll try planting more trees tho? Thank you☆

Back