Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I asked in the reset thread but nobody saw it... if you want a villager to move out and she tells you she will, then the next day you accidentally talk to her and she says she did what the ladies like to do... (change their mind). Not that there's anything wrong with it. I resetted without saving, even though I'm in for it with you know who when I come back. Can I just avoid the villager in question... (Pango) and she'll move out when she originally said??? If it doesn't work that way I can just talk to her like I normally would I guess but I was really hoping she'd move. I got her pic already and have another peppy villager and am not what you'd call partial.

I asked in the reset thread but nobody saw it... if you want a villager to move out and she tells you she will, then the next day you accidentally talk to her and she says she did what the ladies like to do... (change their mind). Not that there's anything wrong with it. I resetted without saving, even though I'm in for it with you know who when I come back. Can I just avoid the villager in question... (Pango) and she'll move out when she originally said??? If it doesn't work that way I can just talk to her like I normally would I guess but I was really hoping she'd move. I got her pic already and have another peppy villager and am not what you'd call partial.
Yes, she should still move out, as long as you didn't save after she changed her mind. You can simply not talk to her until she's in boxes and she won't change her mind.

how do you know if yours or your friends void is clear?

If a villager have moved out without anyone coming to 'adopt' them, they go into your void. So if you have had that happen recently chances are big they are still in your void. You can try and clear it by visiting people that have 10 villagers already. There's a chance the void gets cleared then :)

If a villager have moved out without anyone coming to 'adopt' them, they go into your void. So if you have had that happen recently chances are big they are still in your void. You can try and clear it by visiting people that have 10 villagers already. There's a chance the void gets cleared then :)

I think it also clears if you StreetPass someone with ACNL.

I think it also clears if you StreetPass someone with ACNL.

That makes sense, since you can get new villagers via streetpassing. So technically it should work to clear the void too. Problem is though that you don't know it happens. So you'd need to streetpass a few people, or one person several times to make sure. I think.

Can someone explain what voiding is? I'm curious.

Voiding is when you let your villager move without someone coming to pick them up. For example, my villager Tucker is moving tomorrow. If I don't have anyone adopt him, come and talk to him, suggest they move to their town, he will still move out of my town, but end up in my Void. When I then later either Streetpass with someone, or I go to visit someone that has 9 or less villagers in their town he might 'tag along' and end up moving to their town without them being able to have any say in it.

if i adopt a villager from someones town, is it 3 days til they move in like campers?

within two days but most likely you'll see their house fenced off the very next day, as long as you don't have an event going on

Does ordering from the catalog help the TIY mart's overall sales? Gracie starts showing up at 70,000 bells spent I believe, but I want to make sure that ordering from the catalog is actually helping.

Are there any bonuses for the HHA theme challenge after getting the whole Golden exterior?

nope, golden exteriors are the last rewards you can get

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does ordering from the catalog help the TIY mart's overall sales? Gracie starts showing up at 70,000 bells spent I believe, but I want to make sure that ordering from the catalog is actually helping.

i've seen like a bunch of conflicting stuff on this but i believe catalog purchases count ye, + the amount of days that the previous store had to open as well ofc

think I've read somewhere that ordering via catalog machine doesn't count towards the sales.. you have to buy what's in stock for the day. I just bought all the stuff in Timmy's store every day and Gracie started showing up for the fashion checks.. xD maybe you could do an experiment on it if you wanna confirm for sure >.<..

Last edited:
The villagers can change his phrases by themselves? Besides of when they have fleas. I have Chief, and he changed his phrase by himself.

The villagers can change his phrases by themselves? Besides of when they have fleas. I have Chief, and he changed his phrase by himself.

Yes, sometimes when villagers talk with each other, they will adopt clothes and catchphrases from each other.

Back