• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I know how to get a tan and how to prevent one, but is there a way to undo one, or will it eventually go away on its own?

Here are some helpful tips for getting rid of it.

1-Take precautions. When going outside on sunny days, the player should use an umbrella or anything that will block out sun completely.

2-Wait it off. Tans will fade after a while, and with some extra help it should be gone in no time.

3-Stay in a building for long periods of times. Leaving the 3DS/Wii/DS on while the player is inside a building will help remove the tan.

4-Time traveling fifteen days will totally remove a level 5 tan and make the player a level zero tan.

5-Time traveling ten days will remove a level 4 tan and make the player a level zero tan.

If you would like to learn about Tan , click this link:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Tan

I see people on here talking about payment either 'tbt' what does that mean?

Tbt is bells you receive when posting on this forum.
Those bells can buy you some collectables on here Or
You can trade them for in game bells.
You currently have 746 Bells which is quite a great amount.

Last edited:
So I've been trying to cycle enough villagers to get Phoebe again, and she hasn't been appearing in main street for days. I even scoped the whole area (shops, museum, etc) and she was nowhere. I'm wondering if I managed to cycle enough villagers since she's gone, but part of me feels like it hasn't been that long?

Still wondering about this

My bamboo trees used to spawn shoots on the same day but after the update they seem to have gone out of sync. Did they change how bamboo spawns shoots or is this just a glitch?

Vonny said:
My bamboo trees used to spawn shoots on the same day but after the update they seem to have gone out of sync. Did they change how bamboo spawns shoots or is this just a glitch?

Do you check everywhere? Sometimes, bamboo sprouts appear in the most unlikely places. It usually takes 3 days for fruit to spawn after the last harvest.

How many times can I shake a regular fruit tree before it dies?

Regular fruit trees don't die, unlike perfect fruit trees. Perfect fruit trees die after 4-7 harvests.

I have a question regarding the AC:NL Amiibo Cards.
If you scan an Amiibo Villager to move in, the day they arrive in your town in boxes,
can I rid of that villager by having other people talking to them then, asking them to move into their own town instead of moving to mine?

If you scan an Amiibo Villager to move in, the day they arrive in your town in boxes,
can I rid of that villager by having other people talking to them then, asking them to move into their own town instead of moving to mine?
So you want to give your amiibo villager to someone? In that case I don't think so since you are inviting the Amiibo villager IN your town not out.

Olaf finally moved out from my village but unfortunately he's in the Main Street walking. Every time I see him there , I vomit.
Is there anyway to make Ex villagers disappear from Main Street?
*Please say yes*
Thanks!

Last edited:
Still wondering about this

From what I know, if it really hasn't been that long, villagers won't show up on Main Street until you've moved out a few villagers (I found a post on GameFAQs that says 5, but I think I've also seen 3). Otherwise, if you've already seen her and you believe you've cycled out 16 villagers, then she could be out of your cycle and you could try to get her again. Alternatively, if you have her Amiibo card, you can scan her in again without having to worry about the cycle.

They will arrive in boxes the way a normal villager does, meaning they're unpacking. You cannot get them to move into someone else's town, unless you have them scan the card, or you move the villager out by replacing them with another scanned Amiibo villager - Amiibo villagers will not move out on their own. Once you scan the new card to move in the new villager, the old villager will immediately be in boxes.

Olaf finally moved out from my village but unfortunately he's in the Main Street walking. Every time I see him there , I vomit.
Is there anyway to make Ex villagers disappear from Main Street?
*Please say yes*
Thanks!

If 16 villagers move out from your town after Olaf, he will disappear from Main Street. However, this is also an indicator you can get him as a villager again.

Okay, Kody pinged a lot of in-game days ago and I ignored him and Big Top said he was moving so I was accepting this because I would like his house out of the way. I swear I have not spoken to him on a ping and have been time travelling forward one day at a time and he still hasn't moved and it must have been 8-12 in-game days since that first ping I remember. Now I just spoke to Ribbot on a ping and he was threatening to move. I stopped him but how has Kody not moved and decided not to move by himself? What's going on?

From what I know, if it really hasn't been that long, villagers won't show up on Main Street until you've moved out a few villagers (I found a post on GameFAQs that says 5, but I think I've also seen 3). Otherwise, if you've already seen her and you believe you've cycled out 16 villagers, then she could be out of your cycle and you could try to get her again. Alternatively, if you have her Amiibo card, you can scan her in again without having to worry about the cycle.

Ah yeah, I meant that I was seeing her on mainstreet, but now I never see her. I know about the amiibo cards too haha but unfortunately i don't have her card rip.

Do dandelion puffs ever go away if you don't pick them? Thinking about using them to decorate

Last edited:
Do dandelion puffs ever go away if you don't pick them? Thinking about using them to decorate
Yes, they do eventually go away. I'm not sure how long it takes. My friend who used them to decorate would take them out to save her dream address, then store them when she was done.

Okay, Kody pinged a lot of in-game days ago and I ignored him and Big Top said he was moving so I was accepting this because I would like his house out of the way. I swear I have not spoken to him on a ping and have been time travelling forward one day at a time and he still hasn't moved and it must have been 8-12 in-game days since that first ping I remember. Now I just spoke to Ribbot on a ping and he was threatening to move. I stopped him but how has Kody not moved and decided not to move by himself? What's going on?

Did you skip through his conversation at all? Sometimes villagers will be offended you'd want them to move out, and immediately decide to stay. Otherwise, if you talked to him normally, that can also trigger the conversation to have them rethink moving and decide to stay.

The only other thing I can think of is that you didn't save after that, turned off the game and forgot about it. Villagers don't decide to stay in town without telling you, in my experience.

Julian changed his stupid clothes today, and I wanted to keep him original, any chance that if I send him a letter with his default T-shirt and make him wear it, and then I visit his house I'll be able to buy that ugly second t-shirt and make him become original again?

Last edited:
Julian changed his stupid clothes today, and I wanted to keep him original, any chance that if I send him a letter with his default T-shirt and make him wear it, and then I visit his house I'll be able to buy that ugly second t-shirt and make him become original again?

There is a chance, yes. But it's also possible Julian might just display the new shirt in his home. You'd have to mail it repeatedly, something like 5 times or so. Again, this could mess up his home, but he'd be more likely to wear the shirt you prefer. You could try carrying one with you in your inventory to see if he'd ping to buy, and potentially wear, the shirt, but it would take longer with no guarantee he'd wear it.

There is a chance, yes. But it's also possible Julian might just display the new shirt in his home. You'd have to mail it repeatedly, something like 5 times or so. Again, this could mess up his home, but he'd be more likely to wear the shirt you prefer. You could try carrying one with you in your inventory to see if he'd ping to buy, and potentially wear, the shirt, but it would take longer with no guarantee he'd wear it.
But if he displays t-shirts in his house, can I buy them so his house returns to normal as well?

But if he displays t-shirts in his house, can I buy them so his house returns to normal as well?

if he displays the shirt without it replacing a different furniture item, then you can buy it and his house will still be original, but if he replaced some other furniture item with the shirt, when you buy the shirt, you'll be left with an empty spot and to make his house original again, you'd have to gift him that furniture item and hope he puts it in place :')

hope that helped! i didn't really follow the whole saga so i hope i answered accordingly :)

Back