• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When a villager moves out and a new villager moves in and you have 9 villagers or less how long does it take before another villager requests to move?

When a villager moves out and a new villager moves in and you have 9 villagers or less how long does it take before another villager requests to move?

It's still pretty random. I've had villagers request to move the day a new plot was down without the house even built.

Putting down paths shouldn't mess up whether fossils appear does it?

Edit: It's been cloudy a lot lately in my town but it's hasn't been raining. I mean there are plenty of places for fossils to generate but yesterday, I only found 3 and today, I haven't found any. I don't know if weather plays a factor on whether or not fossils appear.

Last edited:
Putting down paths shouldn't mess up whether fossils appear does it?

Edit: It's been cloudy a lot lately in my town but it's hasn't been raining. I mean there are plenty of places for fossils to generate but yesterday, I only found 3 and today, I haven't found any. I don't know if weather plays a factor on whether or not fossils appear.

I know you've been landscaping a lot. Make sure you're checking behind all the bushes. They're very good hiding spots for dig spots!

I know you've been landscaping a lot. Make sure you're checking behind all the bushes. They're very good hiding spots for dig spots!

Okay, thank you.

I have another question. I see a lot of posts where people post where they don't want visitors talking to their villagers. I'm confused. Why does it matter whether or not vistors talk to the villagers?

Okay, thank you.

I have another question. I see a lot of posts where people post where they don't want visitors talking to their villagers. I'm confused. Why does it matter whether or not vistors talk to the villagers?

when visitors talk to villagers it prompts them to say things about the visitors later to their human friends. i'm not sure why that would be a big problem, but that's all i really know.
it's possible that they don't want events triggered by visitors to happen (for example, katie showing up shortly after you have visitors) but i always thought those happened regardless of whether or not villagers were talked to.

If I make Cyrus customize a piece of furniture with a pattern I own and then I give it to someone who doesn't have that we pattern, will it return to default or does it keep the pattern?

What colours can I customize the standing tv (Hopkins') with?

Last edited:
If I make Cyrus customize a piece of furniture with a pattern I own and then I give it to someone who doesn't have that we pattern, will it return to default or does it keep the pattern?

What colours can I customize the standing tv (Hopkins') with?

You'll have to take the furniture back to Cyrus to either return to default (green leaf icon) or one of his suggested modifications (red leaf icon).

If an item is customized with your custom pattern, the furniture leaf icon will become gold/yellow and untradeable.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?168380-What-the-heck-does-this-gold-leaf-mean

Here's a screenshot of the customizations available for the standing TV (from Pandapples' imgur contribution):

3WrJxLo.png

Looks like four options: white/light brown, black/dark brown, pink/white, and light blue/white.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...p-New-Villager-Interiors-Exteriors&highlight=

http://imgur.com/a/mfGqi

How did I get the specific furniture items I want to get quickly?

Many people write wishlists and post them in Re-Tail.

If you're looking to buy an item that's already in your catalog without scrolling through it (it's a real pain when you have so many items), the store kiosk offers a search function.

1. Can I move back one of my villagers to my town, even though they are still in my void, if I have their amiibo card?
2. If the above is true, if I don't have their amiibo card, can a person on this site use their amiibo card, and could I pick them up in their town, even though the villager is still in my void?

1. Can I move back one of my villagers to my town, even though they are still in my void, if I have their amiibo card?
2. If the above is true, if I don't have their amiibo card, can a person on this site use their amiibo card, and could I pick them up in their town, even though the villager is still in my void?
1. Yes if you have the villagers card it will override the 16 move out cycle.

2. I do believe that would not work. Cause the villager lived in your game and not theirs.

this is more of a question about cards but i don't know where else i would ask...

are the rv cards in randomized packs like the regular amiibo cards or can you just buy whichever ones you want? also, where are the cards sold (in the usa) and how much do they cost?

this is more of a question about cards but i don't know where else i would ask...

are the rv cards in randomized packs like the regular amiibo cards or can you just buy whichever ones you want? also, where are the cards sold (in the usa) and how much do they cost?

They're in randomized packs and sell for the same price as regular amiibo card packs. They should be available wherever video games are sold.

Does it matter if most if not all of my trees in town are fruit trees. Because I'm putting a lot of fruit trees up and I don't know if that has some bearing on the perfect town rating.

Back