Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

A villager in boxes is certain to move the next day (or if you TT a day backwards).
The best option is to stay on the same day. You can do this by adjusting the time with Isabelle to 7 AM (anything after 6 AM is fine, but I prefer a buffer for mistakes XD) in the morning of the day the villager is in boxes.
You can repeat this process as often as you want so you can keep a villager in boxes indefinitely.

Hope this makes sense! ^^'

Yesss it does. Thank you so much!

I have someone in boxes but the other end doesn't have space in her town. Is is possible to prolong the villager's departure? If so, how? Thanks

Like Melyora said, time travel within the next day and you should be fine. I had to do this recently for Pashmina, and I used the 3DS clock before starting up my game each time (that way, you're tricking the game). Whenever I was about to leave the game alone for the night or something, I'd use the 3DS clock to set it to the early morning (7 or 8 AM because like Melyora, I prefer a buffer) so that it wouldn't go past the 6 AM mark of the next day. :)

There is some likelihood that you can pick up the villager. It really depends on whether they clear their void/make a bunch of stops elsewhere. The person with a voided villager can have it voided for like 4 weeks and then have that show up elsewhere (this happened to someone once), and there's really no guarantee as to what can happen. That's why everyone hates it.

I know there's a likelihood I can pick up the villager, I was asking about how strong it is and what the best way to adopt another villager is in this situation.

I let somebody adopt my tenth villager once, and the next day, I decided to camper reset since I would be having an opening. Their voided villager's plot was down, so it was fortunate I was camper resetting, because it turned into plot resetting. It was the very next day. Your method should work. If the plot isn't down, you're *maybe* not ever getting the voided character, but you better save and then go about adopting your villager.

Thanks for letting me know. :D

Would I be able to pick up a villager from another town if one in my own is in boxes? Or would I have to wait for them to move out? :L
Thanks in advance~​

Can two hybrid red roses produce a regular red rose (one which cant be used to breed blue roses)? Or can hybrid red roses only produce hybrid reds (other colours aside)? Thanks!

Would I be able to pick up a villager from another town if one in my own is in boxes? Or would I have to wait for them to move out? :L
Thanks in advance~​
Assuming you have a packed town, you have to move them out completely because while they're still in boxes, they count as your 10th.

Can two hybrid red roses produce a regular red rose (one which cant be used to breed blue roses)? Or can hybrid red roses only produce hybrid reds (other colours aside)? Thanks!
A red rose grown from two red roses will count as a hybrid, I believe. If you want totally regular roses, you'll need to plant them from a bag (or steal them from island mini-games, I think those count as regular).

Last edited:

Roses from two hybrid red roses can still look red. I think that whether they're hybrids genetically or whether they're genetically like red roses depends on which genes they got from their parents. If you're asking because of getting red roses from two hybrid reds, that's a frequent result, but I wouldn't rely on the new ones to try to produce hybrids, but you can always try.

If you want completely regular red roses, you can plant them from a bag or breed two regular red roses together.

Is there anyway to "force" villagers to have a conversation

Not that I know of, other than trapping them together. That doesn't always work, though, and even if you see them interact you may still not get any dialogue between them. It's random to overhear them talking.

Last edited:
My bell trees (money trees) disappeared! They were in a good space too! I even used fertilizer!!!!!!!!!!!
?:-{ anyone kow the problem?

Okay, thanks for the help! So by that, I'm guessing that red roses produced by hybrid (purple x orange) roses won't necessarily have the purple and orange genes in them as well?

I'm thinking I'll keep the possible hybrid reds, but keep them separate from my almost definite hybrid reds!

Okay, thanks for the help! So by that, I'm guessing that red roses produced by hybrid (purple x orange) roses won't necessarily have the purple and orange genes in them as well?

I'm thinking I'll keep the possible hybrid reds, but keep them separate from my almost definite hybrid reds!

You're right, they don't necessarily have those genes since purple and orange roses have red genes, which means that their offspring can get only the red genes from them.

That's a good idea too! :)

What happens if you try to invite a villager from someone else's town after they've recently moved from yours?

For example, let's say that Henry moved out of my town the day before and I have a friend with another Henry in boxes -- if I go over to try to convince their Henry to move to my town before I've voided 16 villagers, will the game just act like I already have 10 villagers and not come up with the prompt? Or will Henry say something specific about not being able to move? I'm just curious.

My bell trees (money trees) disappeared! They were in a good space too! I even used fertilizer!!!!!!!!!!!
?:-{ anyone kow the problem?
When you say your money trees have disappeared, do you mean they were fully grown and had bells on them and then one day the trees suddenly weren't there anymore? Because that would be odd, to say the least. But since I'm not sure what you mean exactly, I'll name a few scenarios of what may have happened:

? If the trees really were fully grown, had bells, and then just disappeared.. Then either you cut them down in your sleep or someone else decided to be an ass and cut them down.
? If you mean that you shook the tree once and the trees aren't growing new bells, it's supposed to be this way; they only bear bells once.
? If you mean that you planted bells but the saplings wilted the next day despite using fertilizer, here could be why:
o You didn?t use a golden shovel when burying the bells.
o There wasn?t enough space around the trees (though you said there was).
o There?s too many other trees in the same area, blocking out the sun and making it impossible for them to grow. There?s a trick to prevent this, hopefully someone else can explain that.
o You have to keep in mind that the amount of bells you bury equals the probability that it will turn into a money tree. So, if you buried bags of 1000 bells, there?s only a 1% chance for each of them to grow into a money tree. You can see the amount of bells buried and corresponding probabilities here.

Hopefully the answer is somewhere in there!

Last edited:
I run 4 cycling towns and I wanted to know if there is anyway to prevent voided villagers from town hopping. I really hate it and there is no way to prevent my 2 3ds from street passing because they are always together.

i bought a bunch of turnips
if i make a new account, move in, and i time travel, would that spoil the turnips for my mayor account?

I run 4 cycling towns and I wanted to know if there is anyway to prevent voided villagers from town hopping. I really hate it and there is no way to prevent my 2 3ds from street passing because they are always together.

If StreetPass is the only issue, you can switch it off altogether on one or both of your 3DS. Just go the Mii plaza and there's a red tool box where you can adjust its settings. There's an option there that lets you disable StreetPass. Check the general 3DS settings too, I can't remember if there's anything in there as well.

If you want to prevent villagers from showing up in any villages, even through wifi, there only things you can do are getting them adopted so that they won't end up in your void or visiting someone who doesn't mind getting that villager until they move into their town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What happens if you try to invite a villager from someone else's town after they've recently moved from yours?

For example, let's say that Henry moved out of my town the day before and I have a friend with another Henry in boxes -- if I go over to try to convince their Henry to move to my town before I've voided 16 villagers, will the game just act like I already have 10 villagers and not come up with the prompt? Or will Henry say something specific about not being able to move? I'm just curious.

I don't think you even get the option to invite them in the first place. If you can, they won't move in. You could test it (it would be great to know that you don't really need to cycle through 16 villagers) but it seems very unlikely that you'd get different results.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i bought a bunch of turnips
if i make a new account, move in, and i time travel, would that spoil the turnips for my mayor account?

I think so. Whenever I've time travelled using one character, the others have always been immune to the effects of time travelling (like getting the time traveller reputation, bed hair, or being lectured by villagers for ignoring them for such a long time), but only as long as I loaded their save after going back to the original date or a close one. If I loaded their save while time travelling, they were subject to the same effects.

You can test this, and I'd recommend using the 3DS clock. If you want to keep the turnips from rotting, though, just patient and wait until you sell them to time travel. If you want to sell them quickly for a good price, check the Train Station section of the forum. People post their turnip prices there when they get good ones so you can visit their town and sell them in their Re-Tail instead.

I'm new to TTing and cycling. Do I need to mess with the system clock, or is changing the game time okay?

If you have multiple games, it's more safer to use the in game clock since using the 3DS clock will effect the time in all your games you're using for your 3DS (if you're using the same 3DS, that is).

Back