• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I hope someone will be able to confirm this; I have a couple villagers in the void, is it true that they are cleared if I visit someone with 10 villagers?

Also, if I have a villager currently in boxes, can I ask another villager to move in while they are in boxes? Or do they have to be gone before I ask?

Also, if I have a villager currently in boxes, can I ask another villager to move in while they are in boxes? Or do they have to be gone before I ask?
I think you can invite another villager as long as you have 9. If the villager in boxes is your 10th, you can't until they are gone.

How do I get my villagers to ping me more often? I've been playing for a long time the past few days, and I run around them and they never ping me to tell me they're moving, the last move out was like 6 days ago already.

How do I get my villagers to ping me more often? I've been playing for a long time the past few days, and I run around them and they never ping me to tell me they're moving, the last move out was like 6 days ago already.

There's a method called the diving method.
You need a wetsuit and a timer to do this, and it's recommended that your pockets are filled with things such as bells, flowers or other gardening things so that the pings won't be dumb things like asking for your things or giving you items.
You basically set the timer for 5 minutes and go into the water. You really just need to swim away form the shore, though some people say diving actually helps. During those 5 minutes in the water, the villagers' dialogue resets, so once the 5 minutes are up you can go walk around to see if anyone will ping you. You can also just stay put in the water while you go do something else (which is what I do), though the jellyfish can be quite annoying to hear. ^^"
I feel like many people may be too impatient for this method? But I personally find it useful and am willing to go through all the trouble. I use it when I want more PWP suggestions.

And in terms of getting a villager to move out, you just have to ignore them for a few days and they should ping you about moving (at least that's the pattern I notice in my game).
I find that being nice to them and talking to them then suddenly ignoring them for a few days does the trick.

I hope this was somewhat helpful for you. :)

Wait, I'm not sure about this, but can the newest/most recent villager in your town ping you to move out?

There's a method called the diving method.
You need a wetsuit and a timer to do this, and it's recommended that your pockets are filled with things such as bells, flowers or other gardening things so that the pings won't be dumb things like asking for your things or giving you items.
You basically set the timer for 5 minutes and go into the water. You really just need to swim away form the shore, though some people say diving actually helps. During those 5 minutes in the water, the villagers' dialogue resets, so once the 5 minutes are up you can go walk around to see if anyone will ping you. You can also just stay put in the water while you go do something else (which is what I do), though the jellyfish can be quite annoying to hear. ^^"
I feel like many people may be too impatient for this method? But I personally find it useful and am willing to go through all the trouble. I use it when I want more PWP suggestions.

And in terms of getting a villager to move out, you just have to ignore them for a few days and they should ping you about moving (at least that's the pattern I notice in my game).
I find that being nice to them and talking to them then suddenly ignoring them for a few days does the trick.

I hope this was somewhat helpful for you. :)

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the diving trick?

I was doing it yesterday and I trapped all my villagers. I swam to the corner of the bit that's bordered off and just waited there for 5 minutes.
The first few times, a villager pinged but it was about catchphrases or random stuff like UFOs.
Then, after that, none of them pinged at all.

Then, after that, none of them pinged at all.

Probably you played for more than 30 minutes. When that time limit comes, you have to actively speak to someone and they'll throw that "wow, you look so tired, better take a break" dialogue. After that, you'll get pings from everyone again for more 30 minutes, when you have to repeat the cycle. :)

Probably you played for more than 30 minutes. When that time limit comes, you have to actively speak to someone and they'll throw that "wow, you look so tired, better take a break" dialogue. After that, you'll get pings from everyone again for more 30 minutes, when you have to repeat the cycle. :)

Ohhhh I see! This makes so much sense now, thank you!

Would I have to talk to 1 villager only? Seeing as only one normally tells you to take a break.

Last edited:
Ohhhh I see! This makes so much sense now, thank you!

Would I have to talk to 1 villager only? Seeing as only one normally tells you to take a break.

Yes, just one will unlock pinging for everyone. But do notice that the one you speak to won't ping, so choose well. :)

Another villager question... With the new amiibo update, Can you invite a villager from someone else's RV to your town? And does the exclude the special characters like the sanrio? and does that also exclude the new amiibo villagers like felyne?

Or do I have to find a way to get his card and scan him myself?

Another villager question... With the new amiibo update, Can you invite a villager from someone else's RV to your town? And does the exclude the special characters like the sanrio? and does that also exclude the new amiibo villagers like felyne?

Or do I have to find a way to get his card and scan him myself?
You can't invite a RV villager from another person's town unless the villager was already living in the town and is in boxes.

Still looking for an answer to this?

Check this: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...th-villager-move-out!&highlight=10th+villager

You can't invite a RV villager from another person's town unless the villager was already living in the town and is in boxes.

Even still, Sanrio, Zelda and Monster Hunter villagers are impossible to adopt. Even if the owner of the card puts them in boxes, the option to invite them to another town just doesn't appear. So you have to scan the cards yourself with these ones.

Another question, but are you able to give music boxes to villagers through the mail or something like that? By music boxes I mean the ones that you have to have custom made by Cyrus with the giant clam shells. And if you can, can they display it in their house or not?

Quick question...Can the town tree grow while you are in the town, or do I have to kinda walk to the shopping district or something?

Another question, but are you able to give music boxes to villagers through the mail or something like that? By music boxes I mean the ones that you have to have custom made by Cyrus with the giant clam shells. And if you can, can they display it in their house or not?

Yes, you can send the customized music boxes to your villagers through the mail. However, I've never had a villager display the gifted music box.

Quick question...Can the town tree grow while you are in the town, or do I have to kinda walk to the shopping district or something?

The town tree growth is based on play time and unique game days. So, yes, the time you're in the town counts--you don't have to walk to your shopping district.

Stages:

- Starting tree
- 5 days and 5 hours
- 20 days and 20 hours
- 50 days and 50 hours
- 100 days and 100 hours
- 180 days and 180 hours
- 300 days and 300 hours
- 500 days and 500 hours

Back