• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is it true that we get to choose our coffee blend in the Roost after a certain amount of time? If so, how much time has to pass before that happens? I've had my cafe since September 20th and I've gotten coffee every day and worked in the cafe about 3 times or so and the option for me to pick my coffee beans, milk and sugar hasn't come up. I keep having to get Brewster's generic coffee.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There has to be at least one tile separating the bush and the cliff.
Like this

22555020_362126284229649_7160263232441585476_n.jpg

i knew someone was going to move in. so i TT to 5:58 am and made a new character. First it was Mira. So I shut the game off to plot reset as her house was in a bad spot and now it is Chevre moving in? It changes who is moving in??

i knew someone was going to move in. so i TT to 5:58 am and made a new character. First it was Mira. So I shut the game off to plot reset as her house was in a bad spot and now it is Chevre moving in? It changes who is moving in??

Yes, when the game is moving someone in randomly, every time you turn the game off and turn it back on, the villager changes. But if you got someone from on here. Say like I got Tutu from someone on here, and I turned the game off then turned it back on, then it will always be Tutu trying to move in.

So if you turned the game off right now to plot reset Chevre, then it won't be Chevre moving in next time, it will be a different villager. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Yes, when the game is moving someone in randomly, every time you turn the game off and turn it back on, the villager changes. But if you got someone from on here. Say like I got Tutu from someone on here, and I turned the game off then turned it back on, then it will always be Tutu trying to move in.

So if you turned the game off right now to plot reset Chevre, then it won't be Chevre moving in next time, it will be a different villager. Hope this makes sense.

i never noticed this before but i like it. cause if i prep enough i can get someone i want if i reset enough times.

i never noticed this before but i like it. cause if i prep enough i can get someone i want if i reset enough times.

Until your 9th villager, all move-ins will be random like this. If you didn't prepare with patterns, I'd say it's better to worry about positioning rather than who is the villager, as you can always move them out later, but if they're in a bad place you'll be unable to landscape until there, so it's a bother.

If someone scan in an amiibo card and the character is in an RV, can someone else visit to get them into their town?

i don't believe so. i think you can only order items but you can't invite them :V

darn. oh well, guess i can either wait for Elmer to leave or scan one of the cards I have (even though I dont really want any of them in my town)

I am super new to TTing. My town is a few days in the future as I was trying to unlock the development permit to build bridges. If I TT back to the regular date, will everything be ok and unlocked?

I am super new to TTing. My town is a few days in the future as I was trying to unlock the development permit to build bridges. If I TT back to the regular date, will everything be ok and unlocked?
Everything will be fine, though your flowers maybe wilted.

- - - Post Merge - - -

WCIF
that hair/hat
What is it call in NA (American)?
What is the Wiki/and or Moribd info?
What does this even say?
If this is from an Amibo which one?

Don't know why there isn't a thread for this :-/

http://40.media.tumblr.com/89c8b75e49fad6e4a4ceca5c51158e5d/tumblr_mj740bQfs51qiqv93o3_1280.jpg
Here: http://moridb.com/items/hats/funky-wig

If someone scan in an amiibo card and the character is in an RV, can someone else visit to get them into their town?

The owner of the card will have to invite said villager to live in their town, and after they're moved in they can scan another card to put them in boxes, and then you may come and adopt them. Do take notice that certain villagers are not adoptable, as it's the case with Sanrio, Splatoon and Zelda villagers. :)

Time traveling backwards, no matter how far you go, counts the same as traveling one day forward. The dates on your town tree might get messed up if you do that, though!

WCIF
that hair/hat
What is it call in NA (American)?
What is the Wiki/and or Moribd info?
What does this even say?
If this is from an Amibo which one?

Don't know why there isn't a thread for this :-/

http://40.media.tumblr.com/89c8b75e49fad6e4a4ceca5c51158e5d/tumblr_mj740bQfs51qiqv93o3_1280.jpg

That's the Funky Wig, it's sold on Gracie's. I saw one in my shop recently! It's an unorderable. :)

Back