• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

sort of a animal crossing question. i have a physical copy of the game. if i get a digital version to have a second town but get a new ds will i lose my second town?

I don't think so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

how do people get the really nice pics of their game thats all smooth and not pixel?

Capture cards, transferring screenshot from SD to PC or phone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I visit a town that has a time different from mine would anything bad happen? Say I want to adopt a villager from that town :/

No. You can even time travel and still get that villager if you went and left successfully.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I wanted to kick a villager out using Amiibo cards, does that mean the villager I scanned in would take their place?? Because I really don't want to time travel to try and get the villagers I want out and they've been here for like a week already and I'm becoming impatient :(

Yes. If you scan in a villager (with no RV), you can ask them right then and there on the spot to move in and they will let you kick someone out but only if you have 10 villagers. If you scan in a villager (with an RV), you have to go to the campground, to their RV and ask them to move into your town and if you have 10 villagers, you can kick one of those ten out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I wanted to kick a villager out using Amiibo cards, does that mean the villager I scanned in would take their place?? Because I really don't want to time travel to try and get the villagers I want out and they've been here for like a week already and I'm becoming impatient :(

If you scan in a villager it won't necessarily move in the same place as the one you kicked out.

It probably won't actually. Villagers don't move on top of paths unless you're whole town is pathed btw. ;)

Last edited:
I have a question.

Does palm tree count as perfect town status?

Last edited:
So I forget, we can place displayable objects on seats now right? I feel like that was something with the update, but I can't remember for sure. (Don't have my game RN or I'd test that, just planning a room and wanted to know.)

I have a question: does anyone know what fashion style the Pompompurin Hat, Dress, and Boots are? I'm not sure what MoriDB means by "fancy" and no other sites have any information on it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I forget, we can place displayable objects on seats now right? I feel like that was something with the update, but I can't remember for sure. (Don't have my game RN or I'd test that, just planning a room and wanted to know.)

Some seats, yes. Mostly it seems to be the ones styled like stools (ie, the Wooden Stool or Marshmallow Chair).

When I adopt a 10th villager from someone elses town, can I still plot reset or will another villager appear instead of the one I adopted? Like how your random villagers that move in change when you plot reset.
__

I have a question: does anyone know what fashion style the Pompompurin Hat, Dress, and Boots are? I'm not sure what MoriDB means by "fancy" and no other sites have any information on it.

Apparently, the theme is "cute"! I found this post explaining the translation issue from Japanese to English: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5aucku/amiibo_update_faq/dbbaw9k/

If I wanted to put a metal bench near a villagers house. Like next to it, how many spaces away does it need to be?

When I adopt a 10th villager from someone elses town, can I still plot reset or will another villager appear instead of the one I adopted? Like how your random villagers that move in change when you plot reset.

If you adopt them and don't go online again after that, in the next day after the clock turns 6 am you can plot reset and it'll always be the one you invited. :)

If I wanted to put a metal bench near a villagers house. Like next to it, how many spaces away does it need to be?

PWPs have to be at least two spaces away from a villager's house. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you adopt them and don't go online again after that, in the next day after the clock turns 6 am you can plot reset and it'll always be the one you invited. :)

PWPs have to be at least two spaces away from a villager's house. :)

Haven't been able to find this information anywhere, but perhaps I wasn't looking correctly. In any case, I was wondering, do any of the Welcome Amiibo items have themes, like for the theme challenge? Or all they all neutral? Or what? Does anyone know?

EDIT: Never mind, just passed the theme challenge without any WA items. ^o^;>

Last edited:
Can I place streetlights where the presents are or do I need more space between them?
IMG_20171020_133258.jpg

If you sell your town to nook when you restart, do I keep my meow coupons?

I want to know so I can transfer my coupons to bells if this doesn't happen

Can I place streetlights where the presents are or do I need more space between them?
View attachment 209938
Yeah you can
Streetlights are 1x1

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you sell your town to nook when you restart, do I keep my meow coupons?

I want to know so I can transfer my coupons to bells if this doesn't happen

I'm pretty sure you don't keep them but don't take my word for it. It would be easier to transfer your existing bells.

Yeah you can
Streetlights are 1x1

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure you don't keep them but don't take my word for it. It would be easier to transfer your existing bells.
But can I place them with just 2 tiles of separation? I thought they needed more than other PWPs.

No. Isabelle says that you need 1 space either side of a streetlight so 2spaces in-between should allow you to build both of them ^^

Will villagers you move in using amiibo, like cece or viche, move out on their own, or do you have to force them out by inviting someone new?

Will villagers you move in using amiibo, like cece or viche, move out on their own, or do you have to force them out by inviting someone new?

That topic is very controversial, but the answer is yes, they can ping to move, but it's very rare. It also seems that the more amiibo villagers you have, the higher is the chance of them pinging. So if you have only 1 or 2, there's a possibility that they'll take a long time to ping - I've heard of people who went by like 9 months before they got a moving request from those villagers.

Back