Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does it matter if most if not all of my trees in town are fruit trees. Because I'm putting a lot of fruit trees up and I don't know if that has some bearing on the perfect town rating.

It comes down to quantity over quality. You can use any tree you want, but having too many trees in general will ruin perfect town status.

Last edited:
Is the club tortimer application always available at the island? Or does it go away once all players have bought it? Because it's really annoying just having it sit there taking up space.

Is the club tortimer application always available at the island? Or does it go away once all players have bought it? Because it's really annoying just having it sit there taking up space.

I'm pretty sure it goes away once you've bought it, unless you've had one character buy it already and not seen it go away. I'm not 100% sure since I'm playing after a very long hiatus with a character that, despite having all the rooms, isn't in Club Tortimer lol

Edit: Just bought it for myself. No, it doesn't go away ;-; Wow, didn't expect my memory to be that bad lol

Last edited:
If you take all the lost and found items from the police station, do they restock after a while? I took all the items from my police station and it's been like 3 days or so and no new items have appeared.

If you take all the lost and found items from the police station, do they restock after a while? I took all the items from my police station and it's been like 3 days or so and no new items have appeared.

they do restock. the items that appear there are usually things that were actually lost due to placements of things. like if you built a pwp over buried items, or if a visitor put their tent over stray items in the plaza.

i have a question about rv villagers. if they currently live in your town can you still have their rv visit you?

Oh that's so cool, I didn't know that items that you actually lost appear there! I thought those were just randomly generated items.

Something appeared there today but I haven't checked what is was yet. Thank you for answering. I appreciate it. Sorry I can't answer your question. I don't really pay much attention to the RV features in this game, I hope someone answers for you soon though. :)

they do restock. the items that appear there are usually things that were actually lost due to placements of things. like if you built a pwp over buried items, or if a visitor put their tent over stray items in the plaza.

i have a question about rv villagers. if they currently live in your town can you still have their rv visit you?

No. When an RV villager moves in your town, their RV gets discarded. If you want to visit said RV, you need to move its owner back out.

If I have Shari moving out on the 21st, and I want to replace Buck with Shep via amiibo, will that cancel Shari moving out?

I kinda expected to see this answer on the first page posts, but maybe I skipped over it?

Anyway how does trading and selling work? Do players go to someone's town, drop items on the ground, and then pick them up for trading? Also how does it work with sending villagers to other people's towns? I just wanna make sure I know how this works before trading and selling.

I kinda expected to see this answer on the first page posts, but maybe I skipped over it?

Anyway how does trading and selling work? Do players go to someone's town, drop items on the ground, and then pick them up for trading? Also how does it work with sending villagers to other people's towns? I just wanna make sure I know how this works before trading and selling.
Yeah when selling something the buyer can either come to your town. Or you can go to theirs for delivery. Payment is made usually before the person leaves, expectantly when the payment is igb.

For villager adoption it works like this. Said villager is in boxes, you'll be lead to their house. Town owner will wait outside, you go in and get the villager to agree to move in. Then once they've agreed you'll exit the house and let the person know all went well. Payment will be made and they'll end the session.

Most time when people ask for tbt payment, they don't mind if you pay after the session ends. But I find its best to pay before the session ends.

This may have been asked before, and I apologize if it has. Is there any way to get a villager to want to move quicker? I want to make space in my town, but so far I only got Mac deciding to move then changing his mind. I recently made this decision so I regret all the times villagers I no longer want pinged me to leave and I asked them to stay. Is there any way I can speed up the process of them wanting to move? I really want to make at least 1 or 2 spaces right now.

This may have been asked before, and I apologize if it has. Is there any way to get a villager to want to move quicker? I want to make space in my town, but so far I only got Mac deciding to move then changing his mind. I recently made this decision so I regret all the times villagers I no longer want pinged me to leave and I asked them to stay. Is there any way I can speed up the process of them wanting to move? I really want to make at least 1 or 2 spaces right now.

Without TT? No, you just have to wait. They do ping you every few days so it's not such a long wait.

Has the update changed plotting at all? I just reset my town and invited a villager to move in but she's not showing up at all, no matter how much I TT. There's plenty of empty space since the town is brand new. Maybe I'm missing something I'm supposed to do with my mayor first?

Back