• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can I find a char today or not since tonight it is the summer solstice and can I find it in any waterfall? Been trying with the one that leads to the sea and can't find anything.

You may be able to find the char this evening (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.). The summer solstice doesn't seem to affect the spawn times.

I've only found the char either in the waterfall that's near the ocean and at the top of the waterfall in the river (near the ocean).

They are also at the top of the ocean waterfall. You don't need to fish the bottom.

How do I unlock the museum shop? I've donated many items of each categories, but a guide says "talk to him everyday", what does that mean? Just keep asking him to assess fossils and donating? Because I can't talk to him about anything else :s

How do I unlock the museum shop? I've donated many items of each categories, but a guide says "talk to him everyday", what does that mean? Just keep asking him to assess fossils and donating? Because I can't talk to him about anything else :s

You have to donate at least 20 items to the museum. At least one of each category has to be donated too. Then when you talk to him the next day, he'll bring it up and it'll be added to your PWP list.

You have to donate at least 20 items to the museum. At least one of each category has to be donated too. Then when you talk to him the next day, he'll bring it up and it'll be added to your PWP list.
I've donated way more than 20, too xD

Hmm. It's not listed on your PWP projects? That's weird.
Idk, I've had Lloyd waiting for donations for another pwp for like 4 days, who knows, maybe tomorrow when it's finished it'll show up? Or maybe I still have to wait more days?

It is requested by Blathers once the player has spoken to him on 14 different days and donated at least 20 items, with at least one item in each of the four exhibit categories (fish, insects, fossils, and art).

This is what it says on ACNL wiki page. Maybe you're just missing the 14 days?

I haven't been able to find this out via search or Google, so I hope it's okay to ask: Can I have more than one bus stop pwp? I know there's some public works projects you can only have one of, and I'm not sure if the bus stop is one of them.
And in general, is there a list anywhere that details which pwps you can have several of and which are one time only?

Thanks for your help!

I haven't been able to find this out via search or Google, so I hope it's okay to ask: Can I have more than one bus stop pwp? I know there's some public works projects you can only have one of, and I'm not sure if the bus stop is one of them.
And in general, is there a list anywhere that details which pwps you can have several of and which are one time only?

Thanks for your help!

There are currently two in Nammie's Konpeito. DA: 4D00-0010-E9A0

If you create a second character, can they order any item from the catalog that has been catalogued by the mayor?

If you create a second character, can they order any item from the catalog that has been catalogued by the mayor?

Nope. You have to catalogue them separately, like the other character should hold the item in order to register it in their own catalogue.

Nope. You have to catalogue them separately, like the other character should hold the item in order to register it in their own catalogue.

Oh, thank you. That's unfortunate. I guess my mayor's mailbox will be flooded with orders for a while if I decide to make a second character!

I've got a question: what counts as trash in your town? Does leaving perfect fruit lying around count?
What about mushrooms that aren't near the tree stump they spawned from)? I've also got feathers lying around which probably aren't helping haha. Does anyone know what the limit is of "trash" items is before you lose your perfect town status?

I've got a question: what counts as trash in your town? Does leaving perfect fruit lying around count?
What about mushrooms that aren't near the tree stump they spawned from)? I've also got feathers lying around which probably aren't helping haha. Does anyone know what the limit is of "trash" items is before you lose your perfect town status?

Anything that has spawned naturally, like shells, is ok. Anything you drop, I *think* is considered trash.

Anything that has spawned naturally, like shells, is ok. Anything you drop, I *think* is considered trash.

I think that must be the case. I've got a whole lot of mushrooms that aren't naturally spawned since I've dropped them and my towns full of trash apparently lol. I thought mushrooms were fine but obviously not.

I think less than 8 or 5, not sure.

I've never understood this. When Katrina tells you the lucky item, is the lucky item for the same day she tells you or for the next day? To make it more clear, today Katrina was in my town and she told me my lucky item is sporty bottoms. Do I wear the sporty bottoms today or tomorrow?

I've never understood this. When Katrina tells you the lucky item, is the lucky item for the same day she tells you or for the next day? To make it more clear, today Katrina was in my town and she told me my lucky item is sporty bottoms. Do I wear the sporty bottoms today or tomorrow?

You should wear them today. The lucky item changes every day and she predicts only the current one. You can look them up with the lovely phone as well, and everyday at 6am the item will change. It's also different for characters of different zodiac signs (the birthday you register when you create them), so it'll be a different one everyday for every zodiac sign. :)

Back