• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I have things like street lights, benches, the windmill, the shaped tall bushes (tulip/round/square)
I'll try planting more trees tho? Thank you☆

In my town I most recently got Perfect status, I had to add 15 pwps before it worked out. And I only had like 78 trees, but tons of flowers.

Really hard to phrase this but I'm going to try!

I'm aware that scanning an Amiibo card overrides the '16 villager cycle' rule for past residents. Does that apply to villagers who were scanned into another town, who you then visit and ask to move back in?

Really hard to phrase this but I'm going to try!

I'm aware that scanning an Amiibo card overrides the '16 villager cycle' rule for past residents. Does that apply to villagers who were scanned into another town, who you then visit and ask to move back in?
Sounds like your asking if someone scans in a villager. Who you haven't completed the 16 villager cycle, and you try adopting them will it work?

If that's what I think your asking. The answer is no, you'll still have to go through the cycle or scan them into your town to override .

Sounds like your asking if someone scans in a villager. Who you haven't completed the 16 villager cycle, and you try adopting them will it work?

If that's what I think your asking. The answer is no, you'll still have to go through the cycle or scan them into your town to override .
That's it, haha! Thanks!

-:- Resetting Question -:-

I have a town where all the player characters have completely different items in their personal catalog.

If I reset will Tom Nook collect all the items and put them into one total catalog that I can keep as the new mayor will get all the items in their reset sold town catalog? Or does Nook only buy the catalog of the mayor?

-:- Resetting Question -:-

I have a town where all the player characters have completely different items in their personal catalog.

If I reset will Tom Nook collect all the items and put them into one total catalog that I can keep as the new mayor will get all the items in their reset sold town catalog? Or does Nook only buy the catalog of the mayor?

I have never resetted or sold a town, but I read somewhere that only the mayor's catalogue can be kept. So you'd have to drop those orderables that are not in the mayor's, have them pick them up and then it'd be all okay. :)

I have never resetted or sold a town, but I read somewhere that only the mayor's catalogue can be kept. So you'd have to drop those orderables that are not in the mayor's, have them pick them up and then it'd be all okay. :)

That?s what I thought - I had reset one of my towns and I had my alt drop all her stuff and had my mayor pick it up to make sure I got those items in the catalog.

But this other town - oh my - it would take sooo much time. Maybe I?ll have to rethink resetting - or make an alternate plan lol :)

how do you know when you can get a villager who's moved away back into your town? beau moved a couple months ago and a lot of villagers have moved after him. he's still not showing up/hasn't showed up at all in my main street, does that mean the 16-villager-cycle is still ongoing or is he finally free to be invited back in my town again?
p.s. sorry if that description was unclear,, i don't really know how to phrase it lol

Should villagers be able to remember characters and towns even if they were deleted? I recently restarted my town (I'm 86 days into the new town) and as I was talking to Peanut she referenced the mayor of my old town and said she was cool. I found it kind of odd because Rover said that nobody would remember that town or the old mayor anymore if I restarted my town. I guess it can be possible that she met another player with the same player name and town but I find it highly unlikely since my player name was spelled oddly and my town had a kinda lame name. Has this happened to anybody else?

Last edited:
How do you get pics from characters like Kicks and Digby? The guides for getting pics from special characters I've found don't mention them, but the pics exist so I'm guessing it's amiibo related.

How do you get pics from characters like Kicks and Digby? The guides for getting pics from special characters I've found don't mention them, but the pics exist so I'm guessing it's amiibo related.

You need to scan in the respective amiibo cards to do so. The figures only unlock the RVs in the campground.

Do villagers who move out always go to main street? In my original town (now deleted), I only had two moved out villagers show up on main street when there should have been more, specifically an uchi who never made an appearance on main street. I know I didn't cycle through 16, only 3 or 4 ever moved out.

how do you know when you can get a villager who's moved away back into your town? beau moved a couple months ago and a lot of villagers have moved after him. he's still not showing up/hasn't showed up at all in my main street, does that mean the 16-villager-cycle is still ongoing or is he finally free to be invited back in my town again?
p.s. sorry if that description was unclear,, i don't really know how to phrase it lol

You'll need to move in and out 16 different villagers in order to adopt him again. If he hasn't shown up in main street yet, that means you've moved less than 3 villagers since he departed, so you've still got a long way to go.

Should villagers be able to remember characters and towns even if they were deleted? I recently restarted my town (I'm 86 days into the new town) and as I was talking to Peanut she referenced the mayor of my old town and said she was cool. I found it kind of odd because Rover said that nobody would remember that town or the old mayor anymore if I restarted my town. I guess it can be possible that she met another player with the same player name and town but I find it highly unlikely since my player name was spelled oddly and my town had a kinda lame name. Has this happened to anybody else?

Villagers that were adopted always remember their previous town and sing the town tune and speak about residents, even if said town was deleted, yes.

Do villagers who move out always go to main street? In my original town (now deleted), I only had two moved out villagers show up on main street when there should have been more, specifically an uchi who never made an appearance on main street. I know I didn't cycle through 16, only 3 or 4 ever moved out.

After a villager moves away, they'll only start appearing in main street after you've moved out 3 more animals. If they never appeared, it can't have been 3 or 4 or else they'd be there. Move out one or two more and that should do it. :)

Does anyone know a good landscaping guide? I kinda want to put paths on my town and that kinds of stuff but it sounds super overwhelming.

Anyone know the best way to get reasonable good at drawing patterns? / Drawing reasonable good patterns

If you force a villager into boxes via Amiibo card, can that villager be asked to move to another town? Asking before I force someone to move and then sell them on the forums!

I wasn't sure whether this would be the correct place to ask this question, but here it goes:

If anyone has experience using the NFC Scanner to use amiibo on the older 2DS and 3DS consoles, if you have more than one 3DS, are you able to use it for all of your consoles or is it linked to just one? I remember reading something a long while ago that you have to delete save data or whatever on the scanner if you were to sell it but I think that had more to do with games like Super Smash Bros.

If you force a villager into boxes via Amiibo card, can that villager be asked to move to another town? Asking before I force someone to move and then sell them on the forums!

Yes

Hello! New here, hope this is the appropiate place to ask this question. Really, really trying to get the Perfect Town status but don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I have read all over the internet you need these requirements to achieve this condition:

-Have 110-200 trees
-At least 75 flowers
-At least 10 public work projects

Okay, so I counted the trees I have around 190, anyway I have chopped down some of them, just in case. Don't really know how many flowers, but well over 75, that for sure.
I have the following PW:

-Lighthouse
-Drinking Fountain
-Fountain
-Water Well
-Windmill
-Three bridges
-Instrument Shelter
-Yellow bench
-Caf?
-Campsite
-Reset Surveillance Center
-Bell
-Stonehenge
-Street Lamp
-Park Clock
-Classic Police Station
-Fence
-Flower Bed
-Wind Turbine
-Hot spring

So, the yellow dog whatever (I'm Spanish and she's called "Canela" in my language), is constantly telling me something like, my town is "underdeveloped" and I need to spend more time on public works. My friends only have like, 10-12 public works projects on their towns, they even have those horrible light things and the garbage can and they still have the "perfect town" condition. What am I doing wrong?Really frustrated here...

Back