• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I just got a new 3ds item on a fortune cookie today and started playing Puzzle league!
My villagers appeared on the background, cheering and all, but I saw Frita among them, and I don't have her on my town. Could this be a premonition that she'll be the next one to move or is it just a random villager that appears? She's the only one I didn't have that was there...

I see many guides on this forum about earning TBT bells. What are most people spending these on? I don't understand the purpose of this currency.

You can trade them for in-game stuff. I got a few million bells that way. Some people even spend them on villagers or furniture.

I just got a new 3ds item on a fortune cookie today and started playing Puzzle league!
My villagers appeared on the background, cheering and all, but I saw Frita among them, and I don't have her on my town. Could this be a premonition that she'll be the next one to move or is it just a random villager that appears? She's the only one I didn't have that was there...
Nah.
Random villagers will simply be generated to appear in the background.
Wouldn't mean they are moving to your town. :eek:

If a neighbor tells me today they want to move out of the town, how long does it approximately take for the game to select the next villager who wants to move?

Since hacked blue roses only prpduce white roses, is it the same for the other hybrids? I have a pair of purple pansies I got from someone, but they've only been making white pansies. :(

Since hacked blue roses only prpduce white roses, is it the same for the other hybrids? I have a pair of purple pansies I got from someone, but they've only been making white pansies. :(

Hacked hybrids will not crossbreed. Ever. I would suggest breeding hybrids on your own or buying them from a reliable source.

How many trees do you need for perfect town status?
I have 76 at the moment.
I also have 10 different pwps out (some of which I have several, so I actually have more like 18) and Isabelle still keeps telling me I'm under developed (this number doesn't count ones that you can't destroy)

What gives?

Edit: I just planted a lot more trees. I'm not sure if it bumps me up to 100 or not, but I ran out of fruit.

Last edited:
How many trees do you need for perfect town status?
I have 76 at the moment.
I also have 10 different pwps out (some of which I have several, so I actually have more like 18) and Isabelle still keeps telling me I'm under developed (this number doesn't count ones that you can't destroy)

What gives?

Edit: I just planted a lot more trees. I'm not sure if it bumps me up to 100 or not, but I ran out of fruit.

Yes, you should have at least 100 trees including the coconut/banana trees if you plant them on the beach and also, 70+ flowers.

Before the WA update, I didn't have a problem with playing on my 3DS and 3DS XL.

Now, I tried to play on my small 3DS after I found it.

When loaded, the game was acting as if I never had a save file.

What happens if I try to play it? Would my current town disappear?

Last edited:
Dream suite question:
Am I correct in thinking that you can only share patterns that are visible in your town? Like shirts worn, patterns placed on the ground and used with refurbished furniture. What about patterns used in the poster stand by the museum exhibits?

I was trying to let someone adopt one of my villagers. They had 9, the villager was in boxes, and no one else had talked to her. She wouldn't give the dialogue to move in to the other persons town. Why did that happen?

I was trying to let someone adopt one of my villagers. They had 9, the villager was in boxes, and no one else had talked to her. She wouldn't give the dialogue to move in to the other persons town. Why did that happen?
Other person probably has a random move in. Ask her to look for a house plot.

Other person probably has a random move in. Ask her to look for a house plot.

Maybe... I did ask her to confirm that she only had 9 and she said yes. I'd assume she would know about a plot down as well. The one thing that I can think of that could have been the issue is that she had had this villager before, but said it was a while ago. Does the whole 16 villager thing affect adopting?

Maybe... I did ask her to confirm that she only had 9 and she said yes. I'd assume she would know about a plot down as well. The one thing that I can think of that could have been the issue is that she had had this villager before, but said it was a while ago. Does the whole 16 villager thing affect adopting?
Yes it does, only time it doesn't is if she had scanned the villager in through amiibo card into her town. So she either has not completed the cycle or missed a house plot when going around her town.

Yes it does, only time it doesn't is if she had scanned the villager in through amiibo card into her town. So she either has not completed the cycle or missed a house plot when going around her town.

Dang, that sucks. Thank you for the help. It was bugging me bc I was worried that maybe she could have gotten her from me if we just did something different.

One of my consoles suddenly changed the time. It's October the 31st now and I really need to fix it, will it affect negatively my town? Idk what to do.

One of my consoles suddenly changed the time. It's October the 31st now and I really need to fix it, will it affect negatively my town? Idk what to do.

Going back to the current date would only count as one day so I don't think it'll affect your town negatively unless there's someone moving out and suppose to be in boxes the "next day" (like if you go back in time, they'd already be in boxes). If not, you'll be safe.

Is it possible to make a villager wear the clothes you like?
Going back to the current date would only count as one day so I don't think it'll affect your town negatively unless there's someone moving out and suppose to be in boxes the "next day" (like if you go back in time, they'd already be in boxes). If not, you'll be safe.
Ty :)

Back