• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can you only pick and plant lucky clovers or is there someway to do that with normal clovers? I don't know how people can get them to work for their paths so well

Can you only pick and plant lucky clovers or is there someway to do that with normal clovers? I don't know how people can get them to work for their paths so well

Nope, only lucky clovers can be picked and planted. Regular clovers are considered as weeds so when you pick them up they disappear.

I'm in a mini panic,
I just decided to pick up my acnl after a few months of not playing. For some reason my time is set as 1/1/2012, which doesn't make sense because the last time i played , my time was set as 2017... does anyone know about this occurrence? And if so, should i continue playing with this new time to minimalize damage or is it safe to switch to present time?

I'm in a mini panic,
I just decided to pick up my acnl after a few months of not playing. For some reason my time is set as 1/1/2012, which doesn't make sense because the last time i played , my time was set as 2017... does anyone know about this occurrence? And if so, should i continue playing with this new time to minimalize damage or is it safe to switch to present time?

It'd be safer not to load as an existing character, just to make sure no one moves away! Start as a new character, as if you were plot resetting, and check if everyone's houses are still in there, no one's in boxes, etc. If it's ok, then close without saving and load your mayor. If someone has moved, then you'll have to check your 3DS clock and which in game day you last played to mke sure they match.

how do i take and grab a screenshot on the bottom screen in ACNL? I know you can take screenshots on the top, but i dont know if you can on the bottom screen, and miiverse has been closed ;o;

how do i take and grab a screenshot on the bottom screen in ACNL? I know you can take screenshots on the top, but i dont know if you can on the bottom screen, and miiverse has been closed ;o;

As for my knowledge, there is currently no way of screenshoting the bottom screen.
If you want to grab your town map, though, you can go to isabelle and select "destroy a pwp", which will make the town map appear on the top screen. You can then screenshot it normally and then give up on the destruction so nothing happens. :)

How long does it take to get pictures from villagers?

Most of my villagers have been in town for almost two months. I talk to every one of them five times a day, do their favors (and go the extra mile to get them rare stuff or perfect fruit), send them letters, etc. Am I just being impatient?

How long does it take to get pictures from villagers?

Most of my villagers have been in town for almost two months. I talk to every one of them five times a day, do their favors (and go the extra mile to get them rare stuff or perfect fruit), send them letters, etc. Am I just being impatient?

It depends on the friendship level between you and the villagers.

Ultimately, you can get all of them on April Fool's Day.

How do you plant a bamboo shoots? and will it still alive if the winter come?

and what if i taking katie to travel to friends town? will she give me a gift or somethings?

thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It depends on the friendship level between you and the villagers.

Ultimately, you can get all of them on April Fool's Day.

Wow you can get all the villagers pictures on April fool's day? O_O i still new never know this before x'D

How do you plant a bamboo shoots? and will it still alive if the winter come?

and what if i taking katie to travel to friends town? will she give me a gift or somethings?

thanks!

Just dig a hole and bury the shoot. Make sure you can walk a full 360 around the hole beforehand, or the bamboo won't grow. Yes, it stays alive all year long~ it'll take 3 days to fully grow though, just like a tree. :)
After you take katie on a trip, you'll receive a letter from her the next day with a gift attached.
Here's a list of the possible gift you may get: http://moridb.com/items/search?category=&q=&obtained=katie&interior=&fashion=

Does the new Nintendo 3DS have Amiibo card reader built in already or do I have to buy something separately if I want to use amiibos? Because if that's true, I can start buying amiibo cards.

Does the new Nintendo 3DS have Amiibo card reader built in already or do I have to buy something separately if I want to use amiibos? Because if that's true, I can start buying amiibo cards.

Yeah the New 3DS has a NFC reader built into it so you can scan amiibos/amiibo cards.

For the older systems, that is true.

Ah, so it's a good thing I upgraded to the new system then lol. I was looking the readers because I was thinking about buying one then I saw that someone said the external reader wasn't working with the 3DS because it only works with the old 3DS and that New 3DS has a reader built in and I wanted to confirm so I came here. (instead of looking on Nintendo's web site lol)

I'm sure there are a lot more things my 3DS is capable of doing that I'm not aware of yet. But this was the biggest shock to me.

Ah, so it's a good thing I upgraded to the new system then lol. I was looking the readers because I was thinking about buying one then I saw that someone said the external reader wasn't working with the 3DS because it only works with the old 3DS and that New 3DS has a reader built in and I wanted to confirm so I came here. (instead of looking on Nintendo's web site lol)

I'm sure there are a lot more things my 3DS is capable of doing that I'm not aware of yet. But this was the biggest shock to me.
When you're ready to use your amiibos (or cards), Wisp will just have you set them on the touch screen. No need for external readers!

today i called peanut with the megaphone when she was next to me because villagers usually wave at you and it's cute, but she screamed at me and started stomping around...is that normal?

today i called peanut with the megaphone when she was next to me because villagers usually wave at you and it's cute, but she screamed at me and started stomping around...is that normal?

Was it possible she fell into a pitfall moments before you used the megaphone or got into an argument with another villager?

I want to say this might've been due to proximity? I've done that before, where I've used the megaphone too close to the villager I'm calling, and they'll get shocked and angry.

Happened to me before, I'm pretty sure its norms

Back