• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Thanks for the response! :)

I have another two questions:

1. When a villager in your town is in boxes, can you ask someone else to move in on the same day from another town?

2. Can villagers use the hot spring? http://68.media.tumblr.com/6b18193c08d0401d4a0890eabbce476f/tumblr_npstmeWfLt1u2b9ato1_1280.jpg
I've never built the hot spring before so I'm not sure if it's interactive.

1 - no, you'll have to wait until their house is gone.
2 - no, that's either a hack or a photoshop job. Villagers don't interact with any PWPs at all except for the benches and other stuff you can sit on (ex: the boot sculpture)

1 - no, you'll have to wait until their house is gone.
2 - no, that's either a hack or a photoshop job. Villagers don't interact with any PWPs at all except for the benches and other stuff you can sit on (ex: the boot sculpture)

1. I'm really confused then... once Vic moved out, Robin's plot appeared on the same day. She was a voided villager from my other town. Vic was my 10th villager.

1. I'm really confused then... once Vic moved out, Robin's plot appeared on the same day. She was a voided villager from my other town. Vic was my 10th villager.

Yes, from my experience, voided villagers can ""be invited"" by the game if you have someone in boxes, but you can't invite someone yourself. Real bummer, I think. The game prioritizes voids. :(

Yes, from my experience, voided villagers can ""be invited"" by the game if you have someone in boxes, but you can't invite someone yourself. Real bummer, I think. The game prioritizes voids. :(

Omg this sucks! Is there any way to avoid this then? Because I was going to ask for someone to move in but Robin plotted her house in my town literally the day after Vic was in boxes.

Omg this sucks! Is there any way to avoid this then? Because I was going to ask for someone to move in but Robin plotted her house in my town literally the day after Vic was in boxes.

The only way is not going online at all if you have someone in boxes or a space except if it's for the adoption town. Even so, after you adopt someone and leave the town, do not go online again until the new plot appears. I have invited someone when I had 9 villagers and they agreed, but the same day I had a visitor and the next day, the plot was for a voided villager from their town and not the one I invited first, so it's better to be safe. :(

The only way is not going online at all if you have someone in boxes or a space except if it's for the adoption town. Even so, after you adopt someone and leave the town, do not go online again until the new plot appears. I have invited someone when I had 9 villagers and they agreed, but the same day I had a visitor and the next day, the plot was for a voided villager from their town and not the one I invited first, so it's better to be safe. :(

Ack ok, so basically, turn off wireless communication then (the yellow light)? Because this villager actually came from my other town which I transfer things via local play.

Ack ok, so basically, turn off wireless communication then (the yellow light)? Because this villager actually came from my other town which I transfer things via local play.

You don't need to turn it off, just don't interact with any other towns, be it by streetpass, internet, local play, etc, and it'll be safe. If you have 2 Nintendo 3DS it'd be safer to keep the one of them turned off the whole time you have 9 villagers or less, because who knows... x)

The fireworks are happening right now and when I talk to Isabelle she never asks me about using a custom design for the fireworks. What should I do? I have it as a daily meow coupon initiative.

The fireworks are happening right now and when I talk to Isabelle she never asks me about using a custom design for the fireworks. What should I do? I have it as a daily meow coupon initiative.

to submit a custom design for the fireworks, you had to have submitted it before the fireworks started. it was when isabelle was standing out all day "setting up" for the show ;; unless you tt back a few hours, you'll probably have to wait until next week ;;;

Can I invite the snario villagers (Hello kitty edition) To move into my town when its already full?
I mean it would feel kinda weird when a villager asks you to exchange them with someone else.
Thanks. :confused:

Can I invite the snario villagers (Hello kitty edition) To move into my town when its already full?
I mean it would feel kinda weird when a villager asks you to exchange them with someone else.
Thanks. :confused:

You can if you own their amiibo card and you have an amiibo card reader/your 3DS has amiibo reading capability. Unfortunately the Sanrio villagers can't be adopted from someone else's town. I don't think the Zelda or Splatoon villagers can either.

Any villager can move to your town, even if you have 10 already, if you use their amiibo card. Like you said, Wisp will just ask you who you'd like to kick out to make room for the new one :)

You can if you own their amiibo card and you have an amiibo card reader/your 3DS has amiibo reading capability. Unfortunately the Sanrio villagers can't be adopted from someone else's town. I don't think the Zelda or Splatoon villagers can either.

Any villager can move to your town, even if you have 10 already, if you use their amiibo card. Like you said, Wisp will just ask you who you'd like to kick out to make room for the new one :)
Hey , Thanks for the answer! Yeah I know I can swap villagers.
Iam asking about the snario RV villagers (Hello kitty edition). :c
Can they move into your town when its already full? ( when they are in their RV)

Last edited:
The same thing applies to the Sanrio villagers - you can replace one of your current ones with a Sanrio villager if you have their card ^^

Does sending multiple villagers an article of clothing to change into at once (I'm sending three different vilagers a new shirt) have a negative effect? Like will it cause any of them to have less of a chance to change into what I send them?

I've seen some towns using the "lost items" (mitten, book and pouch) as decoration, and thought it was cute, especially the book, if left near a bench. But when I picked one up and tried to drop it in the desired place, I couldn't! So how did they do it? Hacking? Or is there a way to drop it after you first pick it up?

I've seen some towns using the "lost items" (mitten, book and pouch) as decoration, and thought it was cute, especially the book, if left near a bench. But when I picked one up and tried to drop it in the desired place, I couldn't! So how did they do it? Hacking? Or is there a way to drop it after you first pick it up?

I forgot exactly how long, but if you keep it in your pockets for a few days, it'll turn into a droppable item.

I forgot exactly how long, but if you keep it in your pockets for a few days, it'll turn into a droppable item.

I could swear I left one in my pockets once and the next day it wasn't there.... but maybe I'm misremembering. Thank you! I'll try doing that. :)

So I've been trying to cycle enough villagers to get Phoebe again, and she hasn't been appearing in main street for days. I even scoped the whole area (shops, museum, etc) and she was nowhere. I'm wondering if I managed to cycle enough villagers since she's gone, but part of me feels like it hasn't been that long?

Back