• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

why do my villagers not respond when i use the megaphone? i say their names properly. i was testing it and i knew moe and skye were nearby but neither responded. and it tells me snowmen are not around....

why do my villagers not respond when i use the megaphone? i say their names properly. i was testing it and i knew moe and skye were nearby but neither responded. and it tells me snowmen are not around....

The megaphone can be really hit or miss so maybe it's that. If you're doing everything right then it could be your 3DS microphone.

thanks for the replies everyone

If you play DIE on one console in acnl and complete it, if you give the same console to someone else, will it still say that all were completed or would it restart you

If you play DIE on one console in acnl and complete it, if you give the same console to someone else, will it still say that all were completed or would it restart you

I think each player has their own save file on DIE no matter what. I'm not exactly sure, though.

Pretty sure this has been asked before, but I scanned in Kyle to kick Katt out (she was in a bad space) and I've been plot resetting for a while but Kyle keeps plotting his house in the same bad spot. So my question is whether or not scanned in villagers plot in different spots?

Pretty sure this has been asked before, but I scanned in Kyle to kick Katt out (she was in a bad space) and I've been plot resetting for a while but Kyle keeps plotting his house in the same bad spot. So my question is whether or not scanned in villagers plot in different spots?

Yes, scanned villagers do move in different spots, however they do tend to move into the same spot as the one you kicked out and they will be stubborn about it. Sometimes fully shutting off your DS and restarting instead of going to the home screen kind of 'resets' it a bit so you can try that, but it's not entirely certain. Do you have enough spaces that Kyle can move into besides that one?

they plot in different spots, you're just having bad luck. i scanned in a new villager today and they picked a new spot.

- - - Post Merge - - -
double post

- - - Post Merge - - -
triple post good lord

Last edited:

they can, it's just they prefer to move into the booted villager's spot

if i plant a perfect fruit that isn't my native one will the tree die or will it turn into a normal fruit tree?

Last edited:
Yes, scanned villagers do move in different spots, however they do tend to move into the same spot as the one you kicked out and they will be stubborn about it. Sometimes fully shutting off your DS and restarting instead of going to the home screen kind of 'resets' it a bit so you can try that, but it's not entirely certain. Do you have enough spaces that Kyle can move into besides that one?

Yeah I got it eventually, it took a few hours though OTL

Okay so, I kinda forgot about New Leaf for a while and am interested in playing again (mostly for the upcoming snow) and I completely forgot that I stopped playing while Marina was in the process of moving in the next week or so, and I was supposed to stop her, but I forgot. She doesn't really matter though because what does matter is that none of my other villagers move out. So if I play today, since Marina would've moved out once I open the game, no one else would've moved out right? Yes I do know there's a TT trick but I don't want to bother with all that unless I have to.

Okay so, I kinda forgot about New Leaf for a while and am interested in playing again (mostly for the upcoming snow) and I completely forgot that I stopped playing while Marina was in the process of moving in the next week or so, and I was supposed to stop her, but I forgot. She doesn't really matter though because what does matter is that none of my other villagers move out. So if I play today, since Marina would've moved out once I open the game, no one else would've moved out right? Yes I do know there's a TT trick but I don't want to bother with all that unless I have to.

Depends how long its been since you last played. If its been more than about 2-3 weeks or so, probably someone else moved out or is going to. I'd say you do the TT trick to be safe but it depends on how long you were away from the game

can villagers plot over the stupid ore rocks? cause one spawned where i want this villager to plot and im resetting atm

Back