• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is resetting for villager house plot locations the same as it was before the update?
Yes plot resetting is still the same. Except now villagers won't plot on qr codes, unless there is enough space even with the codes. They'll also plot on them if no desired space is cleared for them.

Yes plot resetting is still the same. Except now villagers won't plot on qr codes, unless there is enough space even with the codes. They'll also plot on them if no desired space is cleared for them.

So there is no way to make sure you don't get random voids? (Except by having 10 villagers ofc)

So there is no way to make sure you don't get random voids? (Except by having 10 villagers ofc)

There's no way of avoiding the void unless you have 10 villagers. But if you put patterns on the whole town and only leave certain 3x3 spots, at least the voided villagers will go into one of this and hopefully won't ruin your town.

Does talking to a villager when they think of moving, then denying, then save-quitting the game, stop anyone from moving out?

When you move an amiibo villager in (e.g. Wolfgang) and kick out a present villager (e.g. Limberg), will Wolfgang move into Limberg's spot without doubt or can you change their house plot location?

URGENT oki so I recently adopted Rudy from someone else's town, all went well but when I got back to my town I fell asleep and my 3DS died before I could save, does the train station save him coming over for me? Or is he gone?:(

Last edited:
URGENT oki so I recently adopted Rudy from someone else's town, all went well but when I got back to my town I fell asleep and my 3DS died before I could save, does the train station save him coming over for me? Or is he gone?:(

Yes I'm pretty certain the train station saves after you adopt.

I mean if they said they won't move out anymore, they won't and you got a few days before someone else will try to.

But what if i dont play the game after i save quitted? Some people said that this method works for leaving the game out for more than ten moving days. They say it will stop anyone from moving out. Is it true?

Before the Amiibo update, I know that as long as someone pinged you could time-travel as far ahead as you wanted safely if you save and quit after denying their request to move. Does this still work? Thanks for any help :)

Is having 8 villagers for 2/3 days in a row normal? I thought as soon as the 9th moved out, someone else would plot.

Before the Amiibo update, I know that as long as someone pinged you could time-travel as far ahead as you wanted safely if you save and quit after denying their request to move. Does this still work? Thanks for any help :)

Yep, it still works after the update :)

Question! In order to trade villagers, do the trading villagers have to be in boxes? Or can you just go trade?

Thank you

I would like to time travel to a point where I am able to sell my town (my town is still fairly new), but when I changed the time to when I though I was able to, my town tree was still the same. Is there a trick to it, or did I just do something wrong? Does this work at all? Any help would be appreciated!

Back