Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

About how long does it take to get a villager to move out via ignoring them? Please excuse this post if it's been answered already, though I did read through and don't remember seeing anything on this (I could've missed it). Thanks in advance c:

Are you able to type a tilde ~ on the touch screen? I can't find it anywhere.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahh nevermind I just found it :p

Can I still get a perfect town rating if I make my paths out of 100 bell coins? It looks kinda cool but I don't know if they'd count towards the "not having more than 10 items on the ground" thing...

If I have two towns, which one will show up when I streetpass people who also play NL? I'm assuming it's the most recent one I've played, but I'm not sure since I've gotten streetpass house models on both games at different times.

Both copies of mine are physical cartridges, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm back on the forum after a while but I was looking for villagers guide and can't find it. The one that explained villagers tier! Help!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you to all who answered me about the grass.

I have yet another question. What is the 'void'? I see threads on people saying they are getting villagers from the void. What does that mean?

also have a question, are Ankhas usually 25-50 TBTs?

She's a tier 1 villager, very popular, so yes. But it really depends on who is selling. I know user pandaapples does a discount to new users getting them villagers for a cheaper price since they still don't have much TBT. :)

I have yet another question. What is the 'void'? I see threads on people saying they are getting villagers from the void. What does that mean?

It's the "place" villagers go after they move out if they're not adopted. So let's say PeeWee in your town goes in boxes and no one comes to adopt him. Next day he'll disappear in your town and go to the "void". That means he can move into the towns of anyone you come in contact with, online, via street pass... so let's say you go visit someone's town (let's say, for a trade) and they have a open spot. Most likely, the next day a plot for PeeWee will appear in their town, and he'll move in saying he used to live in Alubarna but felt a need to move into their town - he was attracted from the void since you came there yourself.
So, to summarize, it's not safe to engage into any online activities or streetpass anyone when you have 9 or less villagers, since the changes of getting a voided (and usually, undesired) villagers are high.
Visiting a full town (with 10 animals) cleans your void though. :)

Oh, okay. So I don't have to worry about getting a villager from the void unless I visit someone and they have a villager in boxes correct?

Also, villagers the game randomly gives you are not considered voided villagers correct?

Thank you to all who answered me about the grass.

If I recall, the void is all of the villagers that have left your town and is waiting for a visitor. Example from a reddit post-

Suppose Town A has not gone online in a month, and during that month, three villagers have moved out: Savannah, Coco and Peewee. These three characters will exist in Town A's "pool". Town A finally decides to go online because they want to trade items in Town B (a town that currently only has nine villagers), so someone from Town A goes to Town B. On the following day, the mayor of Town B will find that Coco has plotted her land in his or her town. Savannah and Peewee will disappear forever from the pool, while Coco lives on in Town B.

And by "pool", they mean void.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if RV Welcome Amiibo villagers can be adopted out?

For example, if I ask Maddie to move into my town and then box her up for someone else to adopt, will Maddie go with them? Or is she, because of being an RV villager, not adoptable at all despite cycling?

Oh, okay. So I don't have to worry about getting a villager from the void unless I visit someone and they have a villager in boxes correct?

Also, villagers the game randomly gives you are not considered voided villagers correct?

If they have a villager that already moved out. If they're in boxes, they're still nothing the void, so it's safe.
Villagers that come from the campground or come when you have 8 or less villagers are game generated, they didn't come from the void. But if they move out later, they'll enter your void and thus can be passed to other towns if you go online/streetpass.

Does anyone know if RV Welcome Amiibo villagers can be adopted out?

For example, if I ask Maddie to move into my town and then box her up for someone else to adopt, will Maddie go with them? Or is she, because of being an RV villager, not adoptable at all despite cycling?

RV characater can be adopted if in a house in boxes, with the exception of Sanrio, Monster Hunter, Splatoon, and Zelda villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can projects be built right next to the stone of the town plaza?
Can projects be requested more than once in a day?

How near is "right next"? I believe Isabelle won't allow it unless there's a 3 or 4 tile space.
You can only get one PWP ping a day. If you got one you don't want, the only way to get other is time traveling.

I've just come back after a super long break, and saw in the 'post your town map' thread that someone had mentioned laying paths to determine where new villagers would move in. Is there a guide on how to do this anywhere?

I'm new to using Amiibo cards, so I just wanted to clarify something: if I force a villager out (i.e. Marshal) by inviting another amiibo character in (since my town is full), can someone else then adopt that villager (Marshal)? I know they go in boxes the same day you invite another character to move in, but I just wanted to be sure he's able to be adopted out.

Back