• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How do I check how many visitors I've had for the train station remodelation?

if your town tree is big enough to sit on, you can sit on it, and the montage will tell you how many visitors you've had! if you haven't gotten far enough to be able to sit down, you kind if just have to wait until then ;;;

I feel rather stupid asking, but I'm just hoping for some clarification. Amiibo cards are not one-time use, correct? I picked up a second copy of the game today, and it came with a card. While I don't plan on using it (because I really don't like the villager), I would like to know for the future, haha.

I feel rather stupid asking, but I'm just hoping for some clarification. Amiibo cards are not one-time use, correct? I picked up a second copy of the game today, and it came with a card. While I don't plan on using it (because I really don't like the villager), I would like to know for the future, haha.

Amiibo cards are not one time use.

I have used my amiibo cards loads of times and they all work fine.

Hopefully this answers your question.

:)

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed villagers deliberately avoiding you? Sometimes when I'm walking past a villager they turn and go in a different direction, then when I go to walk in front of them again they turn around and go off in another direction. Is this normal or do my villagers want to impeach me

I'm just wondering, ever since I updated acnl, my save manager no longer sees any extdata for it, did they remove the thing that would corrupt your safe if you switched sd cards, or did they just hide it better?

Has anyone noticed villagers deliberately avoiding you? Sometimes when I'm walking past a villager they turn and go in a different direction, then when I go to walk in front of them again they turn around and go off in another direction. Is this normal or do my villagers want to impeach me

This is normal, my villagers do it to me all the time, as well, and I haven't been impeached (yet). I think it's just how they're programmed to walk, so they stay out of your way as much as possible.

If you plop patterns around your town to block off 3x3 areas, and leave open a few 3x3 areas for them to move into, does that prevent villagers from just moving onto your paths? My friend said they don't move onto patterns now unless there's nowhere else for them to go, but I also read that people have had them move onto patterns since the update. And, in relation to that, I also read that they won't move onto flowers now? So I don't need to worry about someone wrecking all of the flowers I've been growing?

Normally I would just wing it because I'm not really a fan of plot resetting (too lazy to do it, haha), but Diva is finally moving out, and that's going to free up a slot for someone else to move in. I just put down a ton of temporary paths and set up a little flower breeding area, so now I'm paranoid whoever moves in is going to ruin everything. :)

If you plop patterns around your town to block off 3x3 areas, and leave open a few 3x3 areas for them to move into, does that prevent villagers from just moving onto your paths? My friend said they don't move onto patterns now unless there's nowhere else for them to go, but I also read that people have had them move onto patterns since the update. And, in relation to that, I also read that they won't move onto flowers now? So I don't need to worry about someone wrecking all of the flowers I've been growing?

Normally I would just wing it because I'm not really a fan of plot resetting (too lazy to do it, haha), but Diva is finally moving out, and that's going to free up a slot for someone else to move in. I just put down a ton of temporary paths and set up a little flower breeding area, so now I'm paranoid whoever moves in is going to ruin everything. :)

1. As long as there are open, viable 3x3 spaces, they won't move onto any of your patterns, period.
--- Some people have mentioned that you can only have four buildings (shops, villager and player houses, etc) in a 16x16 acre, and this is preventing some villagers moving into specific designated areas, even with all other potential areas marked off with patterns.
--- Some people have mentioned villagers wont move into a 3x3 plot where a pattern would be blocking off the door space in front of the 3x3, and this is UNTRUE, based on my own personal experience.
2. Villagers can and will move in on top of flowers.

Last edited:
1. As long as there are open, viable 3x3 spaces, they won't move onto any of your patterns, period.
--- Some people have mentioned that you can only have four buildings (shops, villager and player houses, etc) in a 16x16 acre, and this is preventing some villagers moving into specific designated areas, even with all other potential areas marked off with patterns.
--- Some people have mentioned villagers wont move into a 3x3 plot where a pattern would be blocking off the door space in front of the 3x3, and this is UNTRUE, based on my own personal experience.
2. Villagers can and will move in on top of flowers.

Thank you so much! You've definitely saved me a lot of potential grief, haha. I'll have to remember to scoop up my flowers before the next villager moves in. Thanks again! :)

I second this. You really don't need to put an additional space for the door (just having 3x3 plot is perfectly fine). The plot is exactly 3x3. There isn't any house or door yet when the new villager move their plot on that specific spot :)

Does anyone know if there is an HHA guide anywhere on the forums? My house is around 850,000 points and I'm looking to get 1 million!! Thanks!!

Super sorry for asking so many questions! Playing this game again makes me feel stupid, because I cannot wrap my head around the villager move in mechanics no matter how many times I read guides and explanations, apparently. lol

I tt'd to get Diva out of my village, then went back to the correct time and waited for today. I decided to make sure nobody was moving into a weird spot, so I set up a new file, walked all over my village and found no plots. I did this four times, and there was nothing. So I loaded up my mayor, walked around one more time to check again, and still found nothing.

Now, 15 minutes of regular play later, Henry suddenly has a plot set up. I should have seen this, because it's a couple of tiles over from the bridge I normally use (and did use earlier).
Edit: Ok, I tried closing the game without saving, just out of curiosity, and when I started it up again, he was not there. But as soon as I went went into my house and came back out, his plot showed up.

Did I miss something? I thought that they only moved in at the start of a new day? Oooor did my tt'ing to ditch Diva mess things up somehow?
(That said, Henry isn't in an AWFUL spot, so I'm not too bothered. I don't particularly want or need another smug villager, but it is what it is. I'm just very confused and feeling kind of dumb, haha.)

Last edited:
Hello, do you think a tree would grow up if I plant it here?
y96d.jpg

(I'd like to make a "tree-bench" by cutting it)

Last edited:
y96d.jpg

Dig a hole and check it's 1 tile away from the cliff and the water, if it is, then you can.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is an HHA guide anywhere on the forums? My house is around 850,000 points and I'm looking to get 1 million!! Thanks!!

Thonky has a guide to the basics. If you're looking for a sort of complete walkthrough to get there, not sure there is one. Personally, I got enough points to get the entire Golden Exterior by always having a series and 1-2 sets per room, I think.

Super sorry for asking so many questions! Playing this game again makes me feel stupid, because I cannot wrap my head around the villager move in mechanics no matter how many times I read guides and explanations, apparently. lol

I tt'd to get Diva out of my village, then went back to the correct time and waited for today. I decided to make sure nobody was moving into a weird spot, so I set up a new file, walked all over my village and found no plots. I did this four times, and there was nothing. So I loaded up my mayor, walked around one more time to check again, and still found nothing.

Now, 15 minutes of regular play later, Henry suddenly has a plot set up. I should have seen this, because it's a couple of tiles over from the bridge I normally use (and did use earlier).
Edit: Ok, I tried closing the game without saving, just out of curiosity, and when I started it up again, he was not there. But as soon as I went went into my house and came back out, his plot showed up.

Did I miss something? I thought that they only moved in at the start of a new day? Oooor did my tt'ing to ditch Diva mess things up somehow?
(That said, Henry isn't in an AWFUL spot, so I'm not too bothered. I don't particularly want or need another smug villager, but it is what it is. I'm just very confused and feeling kind of dumb, haha.)

That's... really weird. Unless when you went into your house, it was because a new day started? Otherwise, I can't see how the plot would've showed up after already starting the day.

I do know that villagers will sometimes not move in until you start up the game normally, though. I think this is to give your new character enough space to move in. If you start up the game normally rather than with a new villager, then since there's no new person who needs a place to live, they're fine with moving in, and will show up.
In future, if you want to avoid it, have the new character move in before you start up your normal character (like when you plot reset).

y96d.jpg

It should. If you'd like to be sure, dig the hole and then make sure you can walk all the way around it - there needs to be space on each side so you can get by, although I don't think you have to be able to place things all around it. However, you still might not be able to plant it - if there are too many big plants (bushes, trees, etc. - not flowers, clover or weeds, though) in an acre, you can't grow any more there. Going by what you have in the image, though, I think it'll be fine.

Back