Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Ok I have a few..

Can you have a hair salon the same way as in Wild World? So do you need to visit someone who has it before you can have it?

Do you get miniature items (museum, post office etc.) after completing things?

If you wish and get an item for a shooting star, can you wish multiple times in a row and get multiple items?

Thanks!

Ok I have a few..

Can you have a hair salon the same way as in Wild World? So do you need to visit someone who has it before you can have it?

Do you get miniature items (museum, post office etc.) after completing things?

If you wish and get an item for a shooting star, can you wish multiple times in a row and get multiple items?

Thanks!

You need to spend a certain amount of Bells at Kicks' and Ables Sisters to unlock the salon.

You can get a miniature museum if you donate every fossil, fish, bug and art piece.

You only get one item from Wishy per day.

If you hit a tree with an axe 1-2 times, does a tree "remember" how many times it's been hit with an axe? Obviously in the short term it does, but does it after entering a building or saving and quitting or something? If it does, does it have any negative effects?

If I want an amiibo [card] villager (?toile, Felyne, Wolf Link, etc) to move into my town, I'll have to obtain the cards or figures myself yeah?

If you hit a tree with an axe 1-2 times, does a tree "remember" how many times it's been hit with an axe? Obviously in the short term it does, but does it after entering a building or saving and quitting or something? If it does, does it have any negative effects?

I hit two pine trees twice with the golden axe, then hit one with the silver axe to get a patterned stump, I saved, then quit. When I loaded back up, the tree I had already hit twice, had to be hit 3 times. So it does reset after saving/rebooting. ^_^

I reset my game 2 days ago and now I'm trying to get the 100% approval. I've donated a lot of bugs, fish, fossils and even a painting already. I've planted a few flowers and trees, I've sent letters, watered the flowers, sold stuff in the retail, fished trash, changed the town tunes and flag, wrote an announcement and upgraded my house, but Isabelle says the town is barren and needs development, what should I do? Plant more trees or what else?

I reset my game 2 days ago and now I'm trying to get the 100% approval. I've donated a lot of bugs, fish, fossils and even a painting already. I've planted a few flowers and trees, I've sent letters, watered the flowers, sold stuff in the retail, fished trash, changed the town tunes and flag, wrote an announcement and upgraded my house, but Isabelle says the town is barren and needs development, what should I do? Plant more trees or what else?

Quite a few of those are repeatable, and will up your percentage.
Just keep doing what you've been doing. (Town Flag and Tune are one time ratings)

It sounds like you're asking Isabelle about pefect town status, which is at the front desk in Town Hall.
In order to find out your approval rating, you have to sit in the Mayor's chair in the back of Town Hall and pick "Town Developement Permit".

I know that Amiibo move-ins take longer to move out but does this still apply to villagers that you give to people or adopt yourself? Just curious.

Edit: I've just realized that this probably belongs in the WA update thread please forgive me

Last edited:
I know that Amiibo move-ins take longer to move out but does this still apply to villagers that you give to people or adopt yourself? Just curious.

Edit: I've just realized that this probably belongs in the WA update thread please forgive me

I want to know this too.
I want to adopt an amiibo from another town, but it took 5 months for one of my seven amiibo's to move, and I don't want to be stuck with another hard-to-move amiibo.

Do they ping to move normally if they are adopted, not scanned in?

I adopted Sylvana from another town during the first month of WA update and I remember she kept asking to move like my other non-amiibo villagers. I still had Erik and Molly at that time as my starting villagers then Fuschia as a natural moved in. So yeah, I think if you wanted them to ask to move out naturally, it'll probably be better to adopt or scan them in another town (that is if you have an extra copy) then invite them to your town.

Last edited:

All my villagers have been adopted from someone whose scanned them in. And they ask to move just as much as ones whom moved in naturally. So yeah if you adopt from someone else or someone adopts from you.

The villager will ask to move more often. Than if you scanned them in.

I adopted Sylvana from another town during the first month of WA update and I remember she kept asking to move like my other non-amiibo villagers. I still had Erik and Molly at that time as my starting villagers then Fuschia as a natural moved in. So yeah, I think if you wanted them to ask to move out naturally, it'll probably be better to adopt or scan them in another town (that is if you have an extra copy) then invite them to your town.

All my villagers have been adopted from someone whose scanned them in. And they ask to move just as much as ones whom moved in naturally. So yeah if you adopt from someone else or someone adopts from you.

The villager will ask to move more often. Than if you scanned them in.

Interesting. Thank you both!

I've been wondering about this forever, and I may have even asked about it a long time ago... does loading the game multiple times a day contribute to grass deterioration? What about using save and continue?

Any walking you do wears it.

I have only had my town just on 5 months and I have NO grass at all!

Can I find a char today or not since tonight it is the summer solstice and can I find it in any waterfall? Been trying with the one that leads to the sea and can't find anything.

Last edited:
Back