• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

You should wear them today. The lucky item changes every day and she predicts only the current one. You can look them up with the lovely phone as well, and everyday at 6am the item will change. It's also different for characters of different zodiac signs (the birthday you register when you create them), so it'll be a different one everyday for every zodiac sign. :)

Okay, thank you for answering. Hmm, wonder what the item is for Cancer zodiacs.

Okay, thank you for answering. Hmm, wonder what the item is for Cancer zodiacs.

You want to check in order to wear the item IRL? x)
You'd have to create a new character and input a birthday that would make them a cancer and go talk to Katrina. Too much work, I believe. x)

You want to check in order to wear the item IRL? x)
You'd have to create a new character and input a birthday that would make them a cancer and go talk to Katrina. Too much work, I believe. x)

LOL, no not in real life although I'd be set for today's lucky item since I own two pairs of basketball shorts in real life. My character is a Cancer in the game. I gave her the same birthday as me.

LOL, no not in real life although I'd be set for today's lucky item since I own two pairs of basketball shorts in real life. My character is a Cancer in the game. I gave her the same birthday as me.

Oh, I see! I had Katrina in town today, but none of my characters are cancer, so I can only tell you the ones for Pisces, Gemini and Virgo:(

Ok, two questions here.

1. Are there any repercussions to time traveling back and forth within the same day besides spoiled turnips? It's really only for mail purposes so I'll be going to 5 pm and back (probably only to 4 pm or something like that). As long as I don't pass 6 am, there's no way a villager will move out or anything, right? I kind of need spoiled turnips anyway as I don't have the fly in my museum yet c:

2. Often when I visit dream towns, alt characters say "Thanks" when I interact with them. Is there a way to have them say other things? It's probably done by changing the message on their TPC, right?

Ok, two questions here.

1. Are there any repercussions to time traveling back and forth within the same day besides spoiled turnips? It's really only for mail purposes so I'll be going to 5 pm and back (probably only to 4 pm or something like that). As long as I don't pass 6 am, there's no way a villager will move out or anything, right? I kind of need spoiled turnips anyway as I don't have the fly in my museum yet c:

2. Often when I visit dream towns, alt characters say "Thanks" when I interact with them. Is there a way to have them say other things? It's probably done by changing the message on their TPC, right?

1. You could time travel back and forth as many times as you like. It'll still count as the same day. Even if you change the date to next day as if 12mn already passes then go back to previous day in the morning/afternoon/evening, you'll still be fine.

2. Yes, you can make them say other things by putting a message on their TPC. They've probably just put "thanks" as placeholder so the character would say something.

Cool, thank you for answering.
I'm wondering if "thanks" is the default though? I've seen sooooo many characters say thanks lol.

Cool, thank you for answering.
I'm wondering if "thanks" is the default though? I've seen sooooo many characters say thanks lol.

I'm not sure haha probably. You'll see "thanks" in the dream if they didn't type any message on their TPC (since it's just blank when you access it for the first time or was it some message that goes like "type your... here"? I forgot what it is exactly) :D

Oh, duh, I misunderstood you at first - I thought you meant that the player was using "thanks" as a placeholder. But yeah it's probably something the game itself does for people who haven't written anything.

I want Cyrus to customize my new N3ds, but I want to see previews of all the options available. I couldn't find any pics besides the polka dot one and the design my poptart egg has, can someone please help?

Last edited:
Do scorpions spawn with rain? And is the catching method the same as the tarantula or what's different?

It's still safe to TT a million years into the future as long as you do it on a day when you stop someone from leaving, right? I haven't tried that since the update so I just want to make sure no move-outs will occur if I go forward a month at once. My grass is looking pretty ugly.

Do scorpions spawn with rain? And is the catching method the same as the tarantula or what's different?

No, they don't. Scorpions only spawn when it doesn't rain. It's the same with tarantulas. Catching one of those buggers requires stealth, patience and precision. You need to sneak upon them from behind and swing the net once the bug is in range. If you miss, the scorpion will charge and attack you.

A while ago, I was able to get the train station upgrade, meaning that my town had 100 visitors. I only use my main character, especially with trades, since she has all of the items, but I still haven't gotten any of the host badges. Does anyone know why this is? Could it possible be that the same character visited, so different characters have to come over for the badge?

Thank you for any help!!

As far as I know, you just need 50 visits for the bronze. It doesn't matter if it's the same person over and over.

How do I get ?toile? I understand that she's an RV character but.... how do you get those to move in?

You'll need to buy her Amiibo card and scan her in and then invite her to move.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does Brewster still store Gyroids? Or was that function replaced with the coffee minigame?

He gives you "brewstoids" after working a few times, which are gyroids that look like him. I've only received 2 so far.

Back