• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I think this is better explained in an example, so:

I have a town full of 10 villagers, but want Whitney to move in via amiibo card. If I scan her card today, and ask Chrissy to move out to take her place, how long does that process take for Whitney to move in my town from there? Will Whitney's plot be there immediately tomorrow and Chrissy's gone?

I'm asking because I don't want Whitney's plot of land to replace Chrissy's since it's in such a bad place haha

Last edited:
I think this is better explained in an example, so:

I have a town full of 10 villagers, but want Whitney to move in via amiibo card. If I scan her card today, and ask Chrissy to move out to take her place, how long does that process take for Whitney to move in my town from there? Will Whitney's plot be there immediately tomorrow and Chrissy's gone?

I'm asking because I don't want Whitney's plot of land to replace Chrissy's since it's in such a bad place haha

Yes! Whitney's plot will be there tomorrow and Chrissy's house will be gone. There is a chance she might replace Chrissy's but she could also plot elsewhere. Try plot resetting?

when you streetpass people, do only their mayor's home show up in the happy home showcase? nvm

Last edited:
Sorry for posting here again, :,)

So, right now Pashmina's house is in a not-so-desirable place in my town. If I let her move out, can I get her back immediately via amiibo card? Or would I have to do a full 16 villager cycle regardless? Any help is much appreciated! ;v;

Sorry for posting here again, :,)

So, right now Pashmina's house is in a not-so-desirable place in my town. If I let her move out, can I get her back immediately via amiibo card? Or would I have to do a full 16 villager cycle regardless? Any help is much appreciated! ;v;

Yes! If you have Pashmina's card, you can scan then move her back right away. No need to go through the 16 villager cycle :)

Can anyone just reassure me that Amiibo card villagers can get moved out by other Amiibo card villagers? I invited Cleo the other day but I messed up and thought I had an extra day in between before her house would plot, and it's in a terrible place. She's moved in and not unpacked yet today. I tried to invite another card villager to replace her but she wasn't showing up on the list. Will she be kickable tomorrow when she's fully moved in?

(Meanwhile my town is a shambles because everything is covered in paths now and the flowers are all moved around.) :(

Can anyone just reassure me that Amiibo card villagers can get moved out by other Amiibo card villagers? I invited Cleo the other day but I messed up and thought I had an extra day in between before her house would plot, and it's in a terrible place. She's moved in and not unpacked yet today. I tried to invite another card villager to replace her but she wasn't showing up on the list. Will she be kickable tomorrow when she's fully moved in?

(Meanwhile my town is a shambles because everything is covered in paths now and the flowers are all moved around.) :(

You need them to be fully unpacked or when the day comes that they can go out of their houses, they'd be ready to move out again. So yes, I'm pretty sure she'll appear on the list tomorrow :)

You need them to be fully unpacked or when the day comes that they can go out of their houses, they'd be ready to move out again. So yes, I'm pretty sure she'll appear on the list tomorrow :)

Just confirming this. I made the same mistake of thinking that you would get a full day to prepare for the new move in. And of course they chose a horrible spot. I booted them out with an amiibo card and invited them back in. No issues with that.

I did let them unpack the first time they moved in, because I was also unsure of whether you could get them back as easily as the first time you scanned the card. But because I hated their chosen location so much, I decided to chance it.

Just confirming this. I made the same mistake of thinking that you would get a full day to prepare for the new move in. And of course they chose a horrible spot. I booted them out with an amiibo card and invited them back in. No issues with that.

I did let them unpack the first time they moved in, because I was also unsure of whether you could get them back as easily as the first time you scanned the card. But because I hated their chosen location so much, I decided to chance it.

Same. I initially thought it works the same way as when you move in villagers via campsite/tent that you have another day to wait before the plot comes in. But regardless, it's way much easier now to move them out and back in because of amiibo cards.

Think I've read somewhere that it's possible to have two villagers in boxes on the same day like if someone is about to move out naturally and they're already in boxes. If you scan a card, you can choose another and put them in boxes. I haven't done that myself though but I see that it can be possible.

Is there a way to make my characters hold an umbrella my dream town?

I'm going to make my dream town rainy, and I wanted to know can my mayor and other characters I've made hold umbrellas during the dream (or any item really).

Yeah, I've seen mayors with umbrellas in dreams. I don't know if it's automatic, but you might want to make sure you have an umbrella in your pockets when you save your dream. You might even try holding it before you go into the dream suite. Also, you might want to leave an umbrella and maybe the raincoat and yellow hat by your town tree so your dream visitors can dress up when in your town. Some people really will appreciate that.

If I, say, time traveled 30 years ahead of time in this game, looked at what would happen, but then quit without saving as if none of the time traveling ever happened, would everything in my town be the same as it was before I TT'd? Sorry if that's a little confusing

If I, say, time traveled 30 years ahead of time in this game, looked at what would happen, but then quit without saving as if none of the time traveling ever happened, would everything in my town be the same as it was before I TT'd? Sorry if that's a little confusing

If you change your 3DS clock 30 years forward and create a new character without saving, then you can just look at your town and quit and change your 3DS clock back and it will be as if nothing happened. If you change the in-game clock or load an existing character, then the changes will be set in stone as soon as you load your game and not saving won't reverse the damage.

Last edited:
How many K.K. Slider songs are there in New Leaf, I'm trying to complete my music box collection.

Is there a way to make my characters hold an umbrella my dream town?

I'm going to make my dream town rainy, and I wanted to know can my mayor and other characters I've made hold umbrellas during the dream (or any item really).

If it's raining/snowing in your dream town then your players will hold an umbrella. But... I think it's a random umbrella.
Maybe just one of the blue, green, red, yellow ones. I tried to hold a bat (black) umbrella and had one in my pockets before updating my dream town and it doesn't show up in the dream.

How many K.K. Slider songs are there in New Leaf, I'm trying to complete my music box collection.

There are 91 K.K. Slider songs listed in the ACNL catalog.

1. Agent K.K.
2. Aloha K.K.
3. Bubblegum K.K.
4. Caf? K.K.
5. Comrade K.K.
6. DJ K.K.
7. Forest Life
8. Go K.K. Rider
9. Hypno K.K.
10. I Love You
11. Imperial K.K.
12. K.K. Adventure
13. K.K. Aria
14. K.K. Ballad
15. K.K. Bazaar
16. K.K. Birthday
17. K.K. Blues
18. K.K. Bossa
19. K.K. Calypso
20. K.K. Casbah
21. K.K. Chorale
22. K.K. Condor
23. K.K. Country
24. K.K. Cruisin'
25. K.K. D&B
26. K.K. Dirge
27. K.K. Disco
28. K.K. Dixie
29. K.K. ?tude
30. K.K. Faire
31. K.K. Flamenco
32. K.K. Folk
33. K.K. Fusion
34. K.K. Groove
35. K.K. Gumbo
36. K.K. House
37. K.K. Island
38. K.K. Jazz
39. K.K. Jongara
40. K.K. Lament
41. K.K. Love Song
42. K.K. Lullaby
43. K.K. Mambo
44. K.K. Marathon
45. K.K. March
46. K.K. Metal
47. K.K. Milonga
48. K.K. Moody
49. K.K. Oasis
50. K.K. Parade
51. K.K. Ragtime
52. K.K. Rally
53. K.K. Reggae
54. K.K. Rock
55. K.K. Rockabilly
56. K.K. Safari
57. K.K. Salsa
58. K.K. Samba
59. K.K. Ska
60. K.K. Sonata
61. K.K. Song
62. K.K. Soul
63. K.K. Steppe
64. K.K. Stroll
65. K.K. Swing
66. K.K. Synth
67. K.K. Tango
68. K.K. Technopop
69. K.K. Waltz
70. K.K. Western
71. King K.K.
72. Lucky K.K.
73. Marine Song 2001
74. Mountain Song
75. Mr. K.K.
76. My Place
77. Neapolitan
78. Only Me
79. Pondering
80. Rockin' K.K.
81. Se?or K.K K
82. Soulful K.K.
83. Space K.K.
84. Spring Blossoms
85. Stale Cupcakes
86. Steep Hill
87. Surfin' K.K.
88. The K. Funk
89. To the Edge
90. Two Days Ago
91. Wandering

There are 91 K.K. Slider songs listed in the ACNL catalog.

1. Agent K.K.
2. Aloha K.K.
3. Bubblegum K.K.
4. Caf? K.K.
5. Comrade K.K.
6. DJ K.K.
7. Forest Life
8. Go K.K. Rider
9. Hypno K.K.
10. I Love You
11. Imperial K.K.
12. K.K. Adventure
13. K.K. Aria
14. K.K. Ballad
15. K.K. Bazaar
16. K.K. Birthday
17. K.K. Blues
18. K.K. Bossa
19. K.K. Calypso
20. K.K. Casbah
21. K.K. Chorale
22. K.K. Condor
23. K.K. Country
24. K.K. Cruisin'
25. K.K. D&B
26. K.K. Dirge
27. K.K. Disco
28. K.K. Dixie
29. K.K. ?tude
30. K.K. Faire
31. K.K. Flamenco
32. K.K. Folk
33. K.K. Fusion
34. K.K. Groove
35. K.K. Gumbo
36. K.K. House
37. K.K. Island
38. K.K. Jazz
39. K.K. Jongara
40. K.K. Lament
41. K.K. Love Song
42. K.K. Lullaby
43. K.K. Mambo
44. K.K. Marathon
45. K.K. March
46. K.K. Metal
47. K.K. Milonga
48. K.K. Moody
49. K.K. Oasis
50. K.K. Parade
51. K.K. Ragtime
52. K.K. Rally
53. K.K. Reggae
54. K.K. Rock
55. K.K. Rockabilly
56. K.K. Safari
57. K.K. Salsa
58. K.K. Samba
59. K.K. Ska
60. K.K. Sonata
61. K.K. Song
62. K.K. Soul
63. K.K. Steppe
64. K.K. Stroll
65. K.K. Swing
66. K.K. Synth
67. K.K. Tango
68. K.K. Technopop
69. K.K. Waltz
70. K.K. Western
71. King K.K.
72. Lucky K.K.
73. Marine Song 2001
74. Mountain Song
75. Mr. K.K.
76. My Place
77. Neapolitan
78. Only Me
79. Pondering
80. Rockin' K.K.
81. Se?or K.K K
82. Soulful K.K.
83. Space K.K.
84. Spring Blossoms
85. Stale Cupcakes
86. Steep Hill
87. Surfin' K.K.
88. The K. Funk
89. To the Edge
90. Two Days Ago
91. Wandering

Thanks! I almost done then :) yay

Are RV items re-orderable? I haven't tried yet, so I just wanted to see...

Nope, the items added in the update are not re-orderable (unless it's the giant furniture and the clothes that were added to the Able Sisters)

Last edited:
Nope, the items added in the update are not re-orderable (unless it's the giant furniture and the clothes that were added to the Able Sisters)

Gosh that sucks. X.X I guess I can just hope I get the cards for RV's with the furniture items I need. But even then with the 3 items limit... X.X

Back