• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Ah okay, thanks! I didn't realize I needed her to confirm it. As if she wasn't on my nerves enough already... Guess I'll just keep trying my luck and hope she decides to skedaddle. Good thing she lives uncomfortably close to my character, I won't have to wander far to find her when I start up the game.

I had the same thing happen with a villager I wanted gone. After the third day she bought up the moving thing again, and I said farewell, then she laughed and said she would NEVER leave.
I was horrified, until I came across the advice I gave to you.

She is long gone now. ^_^

Okay I've read a few threads, but I'd really like to confirm something.

Today Canberra pinged to move out in 10 days, and I said yes, because I hate where her house is and, well, I just don't much like her. She changed her mind after I said yes and huffed about how she needs to stay so we can work on our friendship. I immediately shut off the game before even closing out of the dialogue, let alone saving. Did I do the thing right? Will she still move out on the 15th, provided I don't talk to her between now and then?

Hi! I have had a different experience than user Jon_Snow, and am here to confirm there's no need to actually get the ping for her to move, nor you'd need to speak to her everyday. Just do not answer her pings and it's guaranteed that in 10 days she'll be gone. :)

Hi! I have had a different experience than user Jon_Snow, and am here to confirm there's no need to actually get the ping for her to move, nor you'd need to speak to her everyday. Just do not answer her pings and it's guaranteed that in 10 days she'll be gone. :)

Thank you for the confirmation, but it's a bit moot at this point. I started up my game again, as I did intend to play today, and sure enough Canberra pinged me again. This time when I told her yes to move, she confirmed it. :D I wonder if it was something to do with the dialogue? The first time, my 'yes' option was 'Who are you?' which seemed almost comically rude. This time around she had some story about a Turf War in another town, to which I told her to 'Sling away' and that seemed to work.

Thanks for your advice guys ^_^ I definitely plan on avoiding her now that I have it all confirmed - don't want her changing her mind on me haha

She won't be if she says she's changed her mind.
That's why it's safer to make sure each day, that they are still moving. Then save.

I've read many people were wondering why their moving villager never left.

What I posted is the reason why.

She won't be if she says she's changed her mind.
That's why it's safer to make sure each day, that they are still moving. Then save.

I've read many people were wondering why their moving villager never left.

What I posted is the reason why.
No, you really don't have to confirm every day. The only way they can change their mind is if you actually answer their ping. If you know their ping is to tell you they're thinking about moving, they will still move if you just ignore them.

No, you really don't have to confirm every day. The only way they can change their mind is if you actually answer their ping. If you know their ping is to tell you they're thinking about moving, they will still move if you just ignore them.

I'm going by my own experience as well.

I had a villager that was set to move, I ignored them, and they never moved out.

It is better to be safe than sorry. ^_^

It happened to a user here the day before yesterday. Their villager was set to move, and because they ignored them, and didn't talk to them once a day to make sure they were still moving, the villager stayed.

It's the only 100% way to make sure your villager leaves.

Can they change their mind if they're never outside to have a 'real' conversation with? Canberra is set to move in a few days (one villager today said he heard a rumor she was moving so I imagine she's still good to go) and I haven't seen her in town once since she first pinged to move. Most of the time she's in the Cafe, in Re-Tail, or in the Museum and won't have a regular conversation with me. Granted some of this is because I mostly play in the mornings and the lazy bum isn't even awake yet...

Can they change their mind if they're never outside to have a 'real' conversation with? Canberra is set to move in a few days (one villager today said he heard a rumor she was moving so I imagine she's still good to go) and I haven't seen her in town once since she first pinged to move. Most of the time she's in the Cafe, in Re-Tail, or in the Museum and won't have a regular conversation with me. Granted some of this is because I mostly play in the mornings and the lazy bum isn't even awake yet...

They will still bring up moving if they're inside.
Just talk to them once a day, and they will say something like "I should start packing".

Select the "Good Luck" (words to that effect) option, to make sure they are still leaving.
They will thank you for the 'good luck', if they are.
Save the game after that.

If they say "Hey, you're supposed to talk me out of this, I'm NEVER leaving!" (words to that effect) then turn off without saving, and repeat until you're sure they are still moving.

Do this every day until the day before they are due to pack. ^_^

Wilted flowers only need water, and aren't weeds, but some people say they count.
Most people say they don't.

I don't think they count, though I've had the beautiful town ordinance since day one, and only have the bronze weeding badge after almost a year. ^_^

Last edited:
If I have 9 villagers, can I get a 10th villager to move in from someone else's town, or does it have to be an Igloo/Campsite or Amiibo only?

And if I can get someone to move in, the 9 Amiibo villager rule still stays in effect, right?

Last edited:
If I have 9 villagers, can I get a 10th villager to move in from someone else's town, or does it have to be an Igloo/Campsite or Amiibo only?

And if I can get someone to move in, the 9 Amiibo villager rule still stays in effect, right?

You can adopt from another town, or pick a villager up from someone's void by just visiting them. ^_^

They will still bring up moving if they're inside.
Just talk to them once a day, and they will say something like "I should start packing".

Select the "Good Luck" (words to that effect) option, to make sure they are still leaving.
They will thank you for the 'good luck', if they are.
Save the game after that.

If they say "Hey, you're supposed to talk me out of this, I'm NEVER leaving!" (words to that effect) then turn off without saving, and repeat until you're sure they are still moving.

Do this every day until the day before they are due to pack. ^_^

Not completely true. If villager A tells you that he?s heard that villager B is leaving, they will leave. No need to confirm this with villager B, only to get to know the exact date :) Villager B will leave, even if he doesn?t ping or talk about it.

Not completely true. If villager A tells you that he’s heard that villager B is leaving, they will leave. No need to confirm this with villager B, only to get to know the exact date :) Villager B will leave, even if he doesn’t ping or talk about it.

Not true.

I've had them tell me a villager was leaving, and made the mistake of ignoring them, and they never left.

Last edited:
Back