Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

t-bone played a trick on me as i don't have candy in my new town and i lost to rock, paper, scissors.. and all i am doing is placing qr codes down. he made my had look like a patched hat. will i get my viking helmet back...?
edit: my game is on halloween. can i just tt backwards?
Yeah, when you lose a game of Charades or Rock Paper Scissors then there’s a chance that your villager would take a piece of clothing that you’re wearing or that is in your inventory and replace it with a patched piece of clothing. Your best bet now is to not save your game and go back in. That’s the only way you’d get your Viking Helmet back. Time travelling won’t give it back. But since you have no candy, you should really time travel away from Halloween in the first place.
I didn't get a reply asking on the 'proper' thread so maybe here...
Is there a list of what forums you don't earn bells by posting in?
Yes, I made a list on a thread, and I found it for you over here! clicky
Also, to keep this relevant to NL as well, how do you dive for deep-sea fish? I've had a wetsuit for years and I have no clue how.
You go to your beach and press A when you’re near the water. When you’re in the water and see a shadow inside the water, press A to dive in and when you’re near the fish underwater, your character would automatically come up with the fish. To get out of the water, just swim back to the beach and you’d automatically walk up to the shore. Remember when you’re underwater to stay away from the squid!

Also, you don’t get bells from posting in the AC Pocket Camp sub-forum. Just to update to that list.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, sorry about that.

its fine. i didn't think they'd bother me since i don't have candy or take my damn hat. now i know for my non TT town, I may not even play on halloween or play not wearing clothes and an empty inv.

Yeah, when you lose a game of Charades or Rock Paper Scissors then there’s a chance that your villager would take a piece of clothing that you’re wearing or that is in your inventory and replace it with a patched piece of clothing. Your best bet now is to not save your game and go back in. That’s the only way you’d get your Viking Helmet back. Time travelling won’t give it back. But since you have no candy, you should really time travel away from Halloween in the first place.

Yes, I made a list on a thread, and I found it for you over here! clicky

You go to your beach and press A when you’re near the water. When you’re in the water and see a shadow inside the water, press A to dive in and when you’re near the fish underwater, your character would automatically come up with the fish. To get out of the water, just swim back to the beach and you’d automatically walk up to the shore. Remember when you’re underwater to stay away from the squid!

Thank you very much! That was super helpful.

if i make everything in the able sisters to umbrellas, will villagers only change clothing from other villagers? I want knox and sterling but I want them to stay in armor :/

if i make everything in the able sisters to umbrellas, will villagers only change clothing from other villagers? I want knox and sterling but I want them to stay in armor :/

Yes, if you put non wearable designs they should only change if you or another villager gives them clothes. Of course you could always make some neat knight designs to put up. And I would suggest buying a few of their outfits just in case they do change, so you can send them a new one for them to hopefully change back into if they DO change.

Yes, if you put non wearable designs they should only change if you or another villager gives them clothes. Of course you could always make some neat knight designs to put up. And I would suggest buying a few of their outfits just in case they do change, so you can send them a new one for them to hopefully change back into if they DO change.

I havnt found cool knight qr codes yet :/ so for now its umbrellas (they arnt even in my town but i am tired of seeing the stupid orange sprinkle shirt)

is it possible to keep my game on the same day til i can fill my 10th villager spot with someone i want? i dont trust my main towns void or getting a random from my roommate.

is it possible to keep my game on the same day til i can fill my 10th villager spot with someone i want? i dont trust my main towns void or getting a random from my roommate.

Yes, but it will be tricky to do so. The town resets at 9am the next day, so you'll have to be careful to move your clock back so that you don't let your game slip past 9am while you're asleep or out of the house. Best bet would be to set it back however many hours you're going to sleep (for example, if you plan to sleep 8 hours, move the clock back 8 hours) + how many hours it'll be until you're sure you'll play again.

So say you go to bed at midnight and wake up at 9am, but you won't be able to play NL until 1pm. You want to set your clock back 13 hours. I hope this makes sense.

Basically just set the time back on the same day as far as you can.

Last edited:
When you hit your flowers with a net to catch a bug, does it actually damage the flower?
I assume it does because it makes the same animation as when you run on them, but I'm kind of hoping that it doesn't x-x

When you hit your flowers with a net to catch a bug, does it actually damage the flower?
I assume it does because it makes the same animation as when you run on them, but I'm kind of hoping that it doesn't x-x

It doesn't! You can hit a hundred times and the flower won't disappear :)

Is there a Halloween guide? Like one that tells you which mask scares which personality type and animal type?

It doesn't! You can hit a hundred times and the flower won't disappear :)

That's perfect, thank you. It makes the same animation as when you run on them so it always made me nervous. A bug I wanted to catch was on top of a jacob's ladder and I just kind of 'nope' and ignored it because I was afraid I'd ruin it.

That's perfect, thank you. It makes the same animation as when you run on them so it always made me nervous. A bug I wanted to catch was on top of a jacob's ladder and I just kind of 'nope' and ignored it because I was afraid I'd ruin it.

If you're insecure, you can try to smack your net repeatedly into a non-hybrid flower and see if it disappears eventually. I've done it in the past just to make sure and they never did. :)

Is there a way to plot reset your original five villager's houses? Or can you only plot reset new villagers that are moving in?

Is there a way to plot reset your original five villager's houses? Or can you only plot reset new villagers that are moving in?

No, you can't reset them, only new villagers. If you don't like their house placement, the only option is to start all over with a new map, unfortunately.

No, you can't reset them, only new villagers. If you don't like their house placement, the only option is to start all over with a new map, unfortunately.

Or let them all move out and plot reset the ones who'll take their places, that sounds easier than resetting the whole town. :)

if i make everything in the able sisters to umbrellas, will villagers only change clothing from other villagers? I want knox and sterling but I want them to stay in armor
Yes, unless you give them a certain type of clothing or a villager gives them a type on clothing to wear, they?d only wear it. Same goes for if you display anything other than a shirt in the able sisters, for example like a dress, hat or something else. Your villagers would most likely change clothes, which is why you should always get their original clothes. God bless that all of the villager's clothing are orderable, and I actually believe that when a villager comes to your town, then their shirt would automatically be in your catalog. I?m not 100% sure about this, but you can order a villager's piece of clothing and mail it to them, and there?d be a 50% chance that they?d display it in their house and a 50% chance that they?d wear it.
Unless you don?t travel to your main town and maybe turn your streetpass off so you don?t encounter your roommate and get one of their villagers, I guess you?re safe to go. If you don?t turn your streetpass off, then your roommate's villager would be reserved to come the next day and it?d be kept in the DS' memory. Just keep travelling hours back. For example, when you?re about to go to sleep, just set the time back to 6am and through the night it?d still be the same day. But be warned, if you mess up the routine, a villager could set it's plot in your town the next day.
The town resets at 9am the next day

It?s 6am, because ACNL follows real life time, and in real life time the day starts at 6am, hence the ACNL day starts 6am for a fact. :)

Back