• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hi, I'd just like to double check something. I have nine villagers currently so I can adopt another one, right?

I want to get it clear in my head before I start perusing the adoption forum. ;)

Hi, I'd just like to double check something. I have nine villagers currently so I can adopt another one, right?

I want to get it clear in my head before I start perusing the adoption forum. ;)

Yup! Every town can hold 10 villagers. :>

Thank you, I wanted to check before wasting anyone's time. Now to pick....

Okay I'm back here again with more questions

1. Can spiders appear in fruit trees as well or do they only spawn from regular trees and/or cedars?
2. Do scorpions and tarantula's have a lower chance of spawning in towns that have like, lots of paths and flowers, etc? Because I spent at least 2 hours hunting for a scorpion yesterday and nothing appeared
3. Can tarantula's and scorpions spawn in a town during multiplayer or not?

I have a question! When you visit a dream town and they have the same villager as you do, they'll comment some stuff like "why is everything different? Must be a dream" and so it goes. But what if you actually go online to someone's town and they have the same villager? If you speak to them, what happens??
(every time I visit others towns I either don't speak to anyone or the villagers are all different, so I don't know. x) )

Okay I'm back here again with more questions

1. Can spiders appear in fruit trees as well or do they only spawn from regular trees and/or cedars?
2. Do scorpions and tarantula's have a lower chance of spawning in towns that have like, lots of paths and flowers, etc? Because I spent at least 2 hours hunting for a scorpion yesterday and nothing appeared
3. Can tarantula's and scorpions spawn in a town during multiplayer or not?

1. Spiders can appear in fruit trees, however the regular and cedar trees seem to have a higher spawn rate.
2. It's been my experience that leaving open areas in your town increases the spawn rates of the scorpions and tarantulas.
3. No, tarantulas and scorpions do not appear when the gate is open.

I have a question! When you visit a dream town and they have the same villager as you do, they'll comment some stuff like "why is everything different? Must be a dream" and so it goes. But what if you actually go online to someone's town and they have the same villager? If you speak to them, what happens??
(every time I visit others towns I either don't speak to anyone or the villagers are all different, so I don't know. x) )

Unfortunately, it's not the same reaction as a dream visit--the villager will act like any other villager.

Are dream addresses static or do they change every time you update them?

Dream addresses remain the same if you use the same 3DS/2DS to update your dream town. If you use a different DS, a new dream address will be assigned.

1. Spiders can appear in fruit trees, however the regular and cedar trees seem to have a higher spawn rate.
2. It's been my experience that leaving open areas in your town increases the spawn rates of the scorpions and tarantulas.
3. No, tarantulas and scorpions do not appear when the gate is open.

Thank you very much for answering!

Unfortunately, it's not the same reaction as a dream visit--the villager will act like any other villager.

Aww, that's a pity... but I understand why they'd do that, otherwise it'd be way too awkward... like... "so, you have a secret second life? when I can't find you around you traveled to this other town and pretended to live only here?" x))

Are dream addresses static or do they change every time you update them?
Dream addresses remain the same if you use the same 3DS/2DS to update your dream town. If you use a different DS, a new dream address will be assigned.
Super, that's what I'd hoped. Thanks!
Actually, I've been playing my town on the same 3DS and my dream address has changed twice - once on June 28 and once today (July 18). I don't why it changed.

Actually, I've been playing my town on the same 3DS and my dream address has changed twice - once on June 28 and once today (July 18). I don't why it changed.

Boooo :( Did you notice that it changed after updating your dream, or just randomly?

I have a question about Amiibo cards....
okay, say I have ten villagers, but scan in a villager from a card to replace villager A. Villager will be in boxes, but can they be adopted by another player? So I could just force out, say, Fuana, replace with Meregue, then Marina and so on, and they could all go to good homes?
Because if that's the cause that would be awesome.

Can you adopt another villager on the same day after a previously adopted villager has their plot set in your town?

(i.e. can I ask Biskit to move in if Walker has his house plot in my town? Or is it safer to wait until Walker has his house set up in my town before asking Biskit to move in.)

Is there any way to know how many villagers you've cycled through? I'm trying to get Phoebe after losing her to a time travel mishap, but I have no idea how to tell when I can get her again.

Is there any way to know how many villagers you've cycled through? I'm trying to get Phoebe after losing her to a time travel mishap, but I have no idea how to tell when I can get her again.

If I'm not wrong Phoebe will stop appearing on main street once you've gotten through the 16 villager cycle. :)

Can you adopt another villager on the same day after a previously adopted villager has their plot set in your town?

(i.e. can I ask Biskit to move in if Walker has his house plot in my town? Or is it safer to wait until Walker has his house set up in my town before asking Biskit to move in.)

Yes, you can adopt right away as long as you have space (counting Walker's plot). Like for example. If Walker would be your 9th villager, you can still adopt Biskit to be your 10th.

I have a question about Amiibo cards....
okay, say I have ten villagers, but scan in a villager from a card to replace villager A. Villager will be in boxes, but can they be adopted by another player? So I could just force out, say, Fuana, replace with Meregue, then Marina and so on, and they could all go to good homes?
Because if that's the cause that would be awesome.

Yes, that's how amiibo cycling works nowadays. There's many threads in the villager adopting plaza in this forum who use this method.

You can keep their goodbye letters in the post office and count them. :)

Back