• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can you start adopting villagers right after you start a new town? Was thinking about doing that.

Could a villager place their house here?

IMG_0322.JPG

The colorful pattern being the villager's house, the x's being the assumed buffer zone.

Can you start adopting villagers right after you start a new town? Was thinking about doing that.

Yes, your 6th villager and so on can be adopts. You'll need to adopt daily until you have 10 if you don't want any random move ins, though.

View attachment 207509

The colorful pattern being the villager's house, the x's being the assumed buffer zone.

I think the rock ruins it... not 100% sure, but I think it need to be 2 tiles away from the house, and as it is it's only 1 tile away from the door space...not entirely sure though!

I think the rock ruins it... not 100% sure, but I think it need to be 2 tiles away from the house, and as it is it's only 1 tile away from the door space...not entirely sure though!

I tested it somewhat, and I don't think it works, either... I've seen some people say that only the space I have highlighted by x's is needed to place a house, but I'm convinced it's
xxxxx
xooox
xooox
xooox
xxoxx
at this point...

View attachment 207509

i think that should work, actually! caramelcookie said it had to be two tiles away from the house, but i'm pretty sure it only needs to be one, because it's a rock, not a pwp or a building. when i plan buildings and pwps, i always make sure i have a 5x5 section that doesn't have anything in it, rather than the actual 3x3 house size. a pwp would have to be 2 spaces away from the house, but i believe the rock can be one :)

hope that helped!!

Has it even been confirmed how many maps there are for new leaf?

I'm not sure, you can find all the layouts though when you Google it. But I guess there could be about millions of maps if you count the different spots for the town hall, re-tail, the rocks and the ponds!

i think that should work, actually! caramelcookie said it had to be two tiles away from the house, but i'm pretty sure it only needs to be one, because it's a rock, not a pwp or a building. when i plan buildings and pwps, i always make sure i have a 5x5 section that doesn't have anything in it, rather than the actual 3x3 house size. a pwp would have to be 2 spaces away from the house, but i believe the rock can be one :)

hope that helped!!

my next move-in i'll try to confirm it for sure, because the last one I swear I had everything covered and someone moved in somewhere I didn't want. Your response was what I thought initially, but I'll see for sure soon!

What is it with circle grass? I admit, I was happy I when I got circle grass but, I don't even know why though. People say circle is the best one to have because of something to do with snow. I don't get what grass has to do with snow.

What is it with circle grass? I admit, I was happy I when I got circle grass but, I don't even know why though. People say circle is the best one to have because of something to do with snow. I don't get what grass has to do with snow.

Your grass pattern has a specific snow pattern, I believe the circle grass leads to star snow, so I guess people like that the most? I don't really care about my grass pattern though lol

The snow has shapes too? Wow, I guess I haven't been paying attention. -_-

But then again, I've never stuck to a town long enough to pay attention to stuff like that.

Is it random which villagers will be outside when you visit a dream address? Or can I save a dream and always have the same villager inside?

Is it random which villagers will be outside when you visit a dream address? Or can I save a dream and always have the same villager inside?

I think it's random. I've saved a town at 5am when most animals are asleep, but in my dream they were all awake?? So it's probably random..

I think it's random. I've saved a town at 5am when most animals are asleep, but in my dream they were all awake?? So it's probably random..

Ah, I know they'll all always be awake at any time! Because the game wants you to be able to meet all the villagers in a dream.

I know it's probably impossible, but figured I'd ask: is there anyway for a character (human) to wear a QR code dress that's scanned with a different character? We can't drop mannequins and can't put the QRs we didn't make on able sisters, but maybe there's a hidden way? x)

I know it's probably impossible, but figured I'd ask: is there anyway for a character (human) to wear a QR code dress that's scanned with a different character? We can't drop mannequins and can't put the QRs we didn't make on able sisters, but maybe there's a hidden way? x)

Nope, they need the outfit in their designs in order to wear it.

Back