• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How many spaces does a villager need to plot in? I'm planning on using the new path technique to "guide" where my villagers plot but need to know how much space to leave for them...

Hello!
My question: Even after the recent big update, we still need to complete a 16 villager cycle to get back an old villager we lost? Or is it possible to invite them via amiibo or something?

Wait... we always go through the same 16 villagers? That sucks. I hate a lot of mine already I had Rocket, Jitters, Klaus, and Elise; so 1/4 of my villagers I hate...

Anyways, to answer your question, you can invite them by amiibo at any time unless they are currently living in your town. If you have 10 villagers living in your town, you can still invite them but they will ask which villager you want to kick out to make room for them. Hope that helped!

- - - Post Merge - - -

How many spaces does a villager need to plot in? I'm planning on using the new path technique to "guide" where my villagers plot but need to know how much space to leave for them...

I believe it is 3x3 but I may be wrong.

Plot size is 3x3. You don't need to worry about space for the door or tile in front of the door.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hello!
My question: Even after the recent big update, we still need to complete a 16 villager cycle to get back an old villager we lost? Or is it possible to invite them via amiibo or something?

If you have their amiibo card, you can have them move back in right away. If you don't have the villager amiibo card, sadly you still have to go through the 16 villager cycle.

Wait... we always go through the same 16 villagers? That sucks. I hate a lot of mine already I had Rocket, Jitters, Klaus, and Elise; so 1/4 of my villagers I hate...

No. If you have a villager move out and you want them to move back in, you have to have 16 other villagers move out before you can get them back*. They actually designed it this way so you would experience more animals, so it doesn't mean you're stuck with the same 16 over and over. If you get rid of those four, the odds are you will never have them again (though they will long haunt your Main Street).

* - Though, as mentioned, you can skip the 16-villager cycle for animals you do want back if you use cards.

Last edited:
My question

Because after the update you get a new dream address is it still possible to visit old towns through a dream where they haven't updated? Also how do I give tbt to another person?

Last edited:
Because after the update you get a new dream address is it still possible to visit old towns through a dream where they haven't updated?

No sadly they all got deleted.. i think. The database is gone for old ones.
You can only visit updated ones.

So, if I move Etoile in from the RV, does this mean I will not be able to order furniture from her anymore?

I'm assuming if she lives in my town, she won't be able to RV camp?

Sorry if this was already asked but I read several pages and didn't see anything like my question... anyhow. Does anyone know if the new Amiibo items are part of the catalog badges? I was getting pretty close to getting the gold badge, so I was just wondering if I now need to acquire all the amiibo items too?

While I'm at it, do items from Kicks and Mabel/Sable's store count toward the badge, or is it only furniture? Do plants count?

So, if I move Etoile in from the RV, does this mean I will not be able to order furniture from her anymore?

I'm assuming if she lives in my town, she won't be able to RV camp?

You won't be able to have her RV camp if she's already living in your town, and I don't think you will be able to have her give you her stuff if you send her things she can replace for because they're unorderable, so I suggest you order stuff from her RV before having her move into your town.

Sorry if this was already asked but I read several pages and didn't see anything like my question... anyhow. Does anyone know if the new Amiibo items are part of the catalog badges? I was getting pretty close to getting the gold badge, so I was just wondering if I now need to acquire all the amiibo items too?

While I'm at it, do items from Kicks and Mabel/Sable's store count toward the badge, or is it only furniture? Do plants count?

I think they do count because Phineas gave me the gold badge after I cataloged some amiibo furniture. Also,everything you said counts towards the badge.

Need help guys ,
First time I've invited wolf link to come and play thru the lamp and he didn't turn up after 5 days .
So I invited him again , and yet same , already 5 days yet he still didn't appear on my camp site.
Anyone know what's the problem ?

Need help guys ,
First time I've invited wolf link to come and play thru the lamp and he didn't turn up after 5 days .
So I invited him again , and yet same , already 5 days yet he still didn't appear on my camp site.
Anyone know what's the problem ?

I think you're mixing up between the campsite and the campground, both of which function differently.
The former is a Public Works Project that you can place anywhere in your town, where villagers will sometimes appear. The latter is managed by Harvey, where the two RVs will park. The first one switches on a daily basis, while the second one is summoned when you use an eligible amiibo via Wisp's lamp or during an event by using the campground's Wi-Fi.

Normally, inviting any amiibo character will have its own RV immediately appearing on the campground and rewards you 5 MEOW tickets. Meaning that as soon as you invite anyone with Wisp's lamp, be sure to visit the campground the same day you used the amiibo, and not the campsite.

ok so i can't find the 4th fossil in my town, i have honestly looked in every last spot, it's been hours and i still haven't spotted it, is it possible that it glitches and doesn't show up? this has never happened before and it's super annoying.

in b4 i find it in a minute

edit: i found it i hate myself

Last edited:
ok so i can't find the 4th fossil in my town, i have honestly looked in every last spot, it's been hours and i still haven't spotted it, is it possible that it glitches and doesn't show up? this has never happened before and it's super annoying.

probably not, did u have a fossil on hand before? I remember one time, if i had a fossil in my bad, only 3 will show up out of 4 but idk...

It's always there. If you press up on the control pad then you can see behind buildings, if it really isn't there, then it must be some weird post-update glitch.

How exactly do I catch a dung beetle? They always fly away when I catch them rolling snowballs. ;-;

How exactly do I catch a dung beetle? They always fly away when I catch them rolling snowballs. ;-;

Maybe you need to bring out the net and try catching them before you get too close to the snowball? I'm not sure but I remember catching them awhile back.

Sneak up on it by holding A with the net and approach it from behind so the snowball doesn't get in the way.

i swear getting my first pwp request is proving to be impossible, is there something i gotta do to trigger it? like i haven't built any yet, do i have to build one before getting a request for one?

i swear getting my first pwp request is proving to be impossible, is there something i gotta do to trigger it? like i haven't built any yet, do i have to build one before getting a request for one?

You don't have to build PWPs to get requests, but I think you have to be at a good friendship level with your villagers to get requests.

Back