Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

What does Gulliver do after you've gotten all of his items? Does he stop showing up, or does he just send you duplicates? Also, does it make a difference if you get the items yourself or if you trade them?

Also, do Amiibo villagers move out? I got Rosie from a card, and she ended up in a pretty bad spot, so now I'm worried she won't move out unless I force her to with another Amiibo...

Thanks in advance!

What does Gulliver do after you've gotten all of his items? Does he stop showing up, or does he just send you duplicates? Also, does it make a difference if you get the items yourself or if you trade them?

Also, do Amiibo villagers move out? I got Rosie from a card, and she ended up in a pretty bad spot, so now I'm worried she won't move out unless I force her to with another Amiibo...

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure I've gotten all the Gulliver items. I've definitely gotten duplicates, and he still shows up.

I don't have any experience with your second question, but from what I've read, villagers gotten from RV amiibo cards are less likely to want to move. But Rosie is from a regular card, right? But if I were you, I would move someone else in and boot Rosie out and move her in again. It's just quicker. Make sure you don't load the game with an existing character on move-in day.

What items are these?
I think they might be milk, butter, flour, and something else... But I'm not sure :c
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.32.41 PM.png

What items are these?
I think they might be milk, butter, flour, and something else... But I'm not sure :c
View attachment 192267

That's sugar I believe. They are all ingredients you get from villagers to help Franklin cook the feast for the Harvest Festival. They're not a catalog item but they can be used as furniture. There is also vinegar as another item from the set of ingredients.

Last edited:
That's sugar I believe. They are all ingredients you get from villagers to help Franklin cook the feast for the Harvest Festival. They're not a catalog item but they can be used as furniture. There is also vinegar as another item from the set of ingredients.

ohh, thank you! c:

He keeps showing up and you get duplicates. I guess if you don't want the duplicates you can just ignore him when he shows up or get the question wrong...

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that they can move out if they're not your 10th villager but I don't really have any experience with this. You don't need to cycle through 16 to get an Amiibo villager back, so you can always force her out and get her back right after.

Two parter:

1. Do amiibo card villagers show up on Main Street after you kick them out?
2. If there's a villager on Main Street will scanning their card and then kicking them out make them return to Main Street (i.e. are they back in the 16 villager cycle or out?)

Hello! I just passed the four Gracie fashion checks, it's been at least 3 months since TIY opened, and I've spent over 100k (not through the catalogue, and just since I passed Gracie's fashion checks). The Emporium isn't opening. I've been TT forward; does this affect it? Is there anything else stopping the Emporium from opening?

Last edited:
Hello! I just passed the four Gracie fashion checks, it's been at least 3 months since TIY opened, and I've spent over 100k (not through the catalogue, and just since I passed Gracie's fashion checks). The Emporium isn't opening. I've been TT forward; does this affect it? Is there anything else stopping the Emporium from opening?

I'm not sure if it effects it, but has it been 30 days since you passed the last fashion check?

Two parter:

1. Do amiibo card villagers show up on Main Street after you kick them out?
2. If there's a villager on Main Street will scanning their card and then kicking them out make them return to Main Street (i.e. are they back in the 16 villager cycle or out?)

Yeah i think ive seen the amiibo villagers on main street...if you scan em back in i bet they disappear off the street, might have to test that theory though

Does anyone know if fung sway (like putting green items to the south of a room grants luck) works if I do it in a musuem floor 2 room?

I'm not sure if it effects it, but has it been 30 days since you passed the last fashion check?
Game-time, yes. I've TT forward about a month and a half, one day at a time. Real time, it's been only a day. Is that the problem, or is there something else wrong?

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out what colors and styles the new amiibo villagers like and dislike yet? I'm thinking of moving Ursala into my town, but I wanna know what to give her.

Does my character look creepy? Mii Masks look creepy and weird on Animal Crossing and I wanna know if mine does xD
TPCfrisk.jpg
also does anyone know if giving villagers stuff like birthday cakes, music boxes of their music, or their picture have any extra dialog or effects?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Has anyone figured out what colors and styles the new amiibo villagers like and dislike yet? I'm thinking of moving Ursala into my town, but I wanna know what to give her.

maybe this one? https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5isqag/new_villager_guide/

Last edited:
After years of playing I finally decided to make a second character in my town. Can the new villager also get a wisp/lamp? and how does it work when I want to scan something on the second character if my mayor already scanned a Amiibo that day?

After years of playing I finally decided to make a second character in my town. Can the new villager also get a wisp/lamp? and how does it work when I want to scan something on the second character if my mayor already scanned a Amiibo that day?

You can only scan 1 card with Wisp per town per day. So if your mayor scanned a card, the other characters cannot on the same day.

how do you change your characters dialogue in a dream address?
I think that's just the quote/saying you entered on your villager card.

You can only scan 1 card with Wisp per town per day. So if your mayor scanned a card, the other characters cannot on the same day.

Can the extra characters even find a lamp? Also, the others will miss out on the 5 coupons you get by scanning? Thanks for your reply! :D

Last edited:
Can the extra characters even find a lamp? Also, the others will miss out on the 5 coupons you get by scanning? Thanks for your reply! :D

Yes, all your side characters can each find a lamp! All of my characters have one. But like the other poster said, Wisp can be summoned only once a day, so yeah only one of your characters will get those 5 MEOW coupons.

Back