• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is it possible to make a villager wear the clothes you like?

Ty :)

Welcome! Yep. Send the clothes before 5 pm. Save and quit. Once it's over 5 pm (5:01 pm or any time really, as long as it's the same day), load the game then check if the villager is wearing it. If they're stubborn, exit to home menu. Don't save. Just exit. Go back to your game then check again. Do it until they change their clothing then that's a good time to save.

Hello! I have a question regarding Dreams :)
I was curious as to whether or not the same weather will be displayed in the dream as when the person had saved their dream at the dream suite. Like if a person had saved their dream during a storm, would a dreamer then see that storm when exploring their town?

My reason for asking this is because I often go through the trouble of making sure the best weather (Aurora, cherry blossom falling, sunshine etc) is going on before saving my town, so I want to know if my efforts are worth it.

Mind you I do mean weather, not season. :eek:

It would be great if someone could check for me! I currently have my town saved during a day of cherry blossoms falling, so if someone could check my dream that would be awesome.

My dream address is: 5D00-0049-6D8E

I apologize if I misplaced this post
HNI_0099.JPG

Last edited:
Hello! I have a question regarding Dreams :)
I was curious as to whether or not the same weather will be displayed in the dream as when the person had saved their dream at the dream suite. Like if a person had saved their dream during a storm, would a dreamer then see that storm when exploring their town?

My reason for asking this is because I often go through the trouble of making sure the best weather (Aurora, cherry blossom falling, sunshine etc) is going on before saving my town, so I want to know if my efforts are worth it.

Mind you I do mean weather, not season. :eek:

It would be great if someone could check for me! I currently have my town saved during a day of cherry blossoms falling, so if someone could check my dream that would be awesome.

My dream address is: 5D00-0049-6D8E

I apologize if I misplaced this post
View attachment 195906

Yes, weather is saved. My town is saved during cherry blossom season, while the blossoms are falling, and that's how it looks in-dream as well. People also have towns set during storms, or with the rare orange sunsets/purple sunrises/etc.!

Welcome! Yep. Send the clothes before 5 pm. Save and quit. Once it's over 5 pm (5:01 pm or any time really, as long as it's the same day), load the game then check if the villager is wearing it. If they're stubborn, exit to home menu. Don't save. Just exit. Go back to your game then check again. Do it until they change their clothing then that's a good time to save.

You should make sure you're in game just before 5, as that's when the change will take place (if it hasn't happened, quit and TT back to before 5). If you load up the game after 5, the change will have happened (or not happened) and is set in stone.

You should make sure you're in game just before 5, as that's when the change will take place (if it hasn't happened, quit and TT back to before 5). If you load up the game after 5, the change will have happened (or not happened) and is set in stone.

Not sure if I understood this correctly but I send the clothing before 5, like say 4:30 then I'm going to save/quit. Load up the game after 5 (say, 5:30) to check if the change takes place. I just exit the game without saving if they didn't change then load the game again. It's just like resetting. The change or no change is not permanent unless you save the game (after sending) once 5 pm passes. It works, at least for me :) And yes, you can still do this by TT'ing back if you mess up.

It's different when you send clothes past 5 pm then load the game the next day/morning to check. I believe no matter what, it'll be set in stone. Just like how plot is set if you load it straight to your mayor.

Last edited:
Why can't Blathers think?
I have 50+ items donated, and I have talked to him for about 15 days...
Never have had this happen to me before either. :(

Why can't Blathers think?
I have 50+ items donated, and I have talked to him for about 15 days...
Never have had this happen to me before either. :(

Is that for the museum shop (2nd floor) or cafe?

If it's for the museum shop, you should have donated one in each category (fish, bugs, fossil, art) and a total of 20 items. If it's for the cafe, you should have donated 50 and the museum shop should be there for 7 days.

Is that for the museum shop (2nd floor) or cafe?

If it's for the museum shop, you should have donated one in each category (fish, bugs, fossil, art) and a total of 20 items. If it's for the cafe, you should have donated 50 and the museum shop should be there for 7 days.
It's for the 2nd Floor...
I have one of each category...yet Blathers won't think...
Made sure I have all of the items.
Really want to get it, since I have enough money for a Celeste and Rover amiibo. :(

It's for the 2nd Floor...
I have one of each category...yet Blathers won't think...
Made sure I have all of the items.
Really want to get it, since I have enough money for a Celeste and Rover amiibo. :(

I think your town has to be at least 2 weeks old or something like that for the 2nd floor. If you just started a new town, that could be the problem. Otherwise, try donating more items in case you didn't count correctly.

Last edited:
I'm trying to plot reset with my second character and every time I restart the game the new house is in the same spot!! What am I doing wrong? ._.

I'm trying to plot reset with my second character and every time I restart the game the new house is in the same spot!! What am I doing wrong? ._.

Is your second character from a new save file? If yes, then it might just be because it's being stubborn tbh. Apparently it's more difficult to plot reset after the update, so now the plot seems to show up in the same spot repeatedly.

Is your second character from a new save file? If yes, then it might just be because it's being stubborn tbh. Apparently it's more difficult to plot reset after the update, so now the plot seems to show up in the same spot repeatedly.

Yea it's from a new save, I even just made another character in case I did something wrong with the second one but the new villager kept picking that same spot :mad:

Does resetti appearing have anything to do with it?
Btw the first time I opened the game today, in the intro screen before loading the town with my second character, I saw the plot in some ok spot but when the game started, the plot was somewhere else, wth? That's been the only spot that has been taken every time I reset. Now I even see in the intro.

Last edited:
Yea it's from a new save, I even just made another character in case I did something wrong with the second one but the new villager kept picking that same spot :mad:

Does resetti appearing have anything to do with it?
Btw the first time I opened the game today, in the intro screen before loading the town with my second character, I saw the plot in some ok spot but when the game started, the plot was somewhere else, wth? That's been the only spot that has been taken every time I reset. Now I even see in the intro.

Sorry if this is dumb, but are you making a new character everytime you plot reset? Like start up a new character, run around town, see the plot, reset, and repeat? I'm asking because you said Resetti was showing up, and I don't think you should be seeing him if you are doing this right. Resetti should only appear for saved characters

Have you opened the game up on any pre-existing characters that have already been saved to the game? Because if you have, the plot is permanent. There is nothing you can do about it then :(

Sorry if this is dumb, but are you making a new character everytime you plot reset? Like start up a new character, run around town, see the plot, reset, and repeat? I'm asking because you said Resetti was showing up, and I don't think you should be seeing him if you are doing this right. Resetti should only appear for saved characters

Have you opened the game up on any pre-existing characters that have already been saved to the game? Because if you have, the plot is permanent. There is nothing you can do about it then :(

I made the character yesterday. I didn't know I had to create the character today :/ so nothing can be done about it, not even tting to 6 am?
I don't understand why all guides I've read are so vague!! They said the game only get saved if I entered with the mayor. Which I haven't done.

Last edited:
Mu, you have to repeatedly create a new save file each time you check for plot. It's cumbersome, but that's what you have to do. And don't go to Nook and get a house before the plot is where you want it to be.

Not sure if I understood this correctly but I send the clothing before 5, like say 4:30 then I'm going to save/quit. Load up the game after 5 (say, 5:30) to check if the change takes place. I just exit the game without saving if they didn't change then load the game again. It's just like resetting. The change or no change is not permanent unless you save the game (after sending) once 5 pm passes. It works, at least for me :) And yes, you can still do this by TT'ing back if you mess up.

It's different when you send clothes past 5 pm then load the game the next day/morning to check. I believe no matter what, it'll be set in stone. Just like how plot is set if you load it straight to your mayor.

Hm, well if this works for you, I must be wrong. It just sounds odd to me, because with plots and most things, there's no changing them once you load up the game with an existing character. But I'll accept that the shirts don't work like that :)

Last edited:
I made the character yesterday. I didn't know I had to create the character today :/ so nothing can be done about it, not even tting to 6 am?
I don't understand why all guides I've read are so vague!! They said the game only get saved if I entered with the mayor. Which I haven't done.

Yeah, in order to plot reset you have to make up a new character just as you are plot resetting. Any pre exisiting character that has a save file already made up for them won't work no matter when you made them. :(

What I do is whenever I know I have a new villager moving in, I go to my system settings and change the clock forward a day or two. Then when I start up the game, the first thing I do is add a new save file. Going on any pre exisiting characters you have already saved will not work. They have to be a new save file right then before anything else. Once you go through all of Rover's questions and walk out of the train station, don't talk to Isabelle or set up a house or anything like that. Just run around town looking for a plot. If it's in a space you like, then you can save the game and they will be saved where they plotted. If they are in a bad spot, reset the game and start over doing the same exact thing until they are where you like.

As soon as you save the game, or as soon as you load up characters you already have, the game is permanent. I hope that makes sense and I'm sorry this happened :(

Mu, you have to repeatedly create a new save file each time you check for plot. It's cumbersome, but that's what you have to do. And don't go to Nook and get a house before the plot is where you want it to be.

Hm, well if this works for you, I must be wrong. It just sounds odd to me, because with plots and most things, there's no changing them once you load up the game with an existing character. But I'll accept that the shirts don't work like that :)

It actually looked weird to me the first time I tried and when it worked. I understand where you're coming from because I also had the same knowledge that once you load the mayor file for the day, everything should be set (like how the plot is set). But surprisingly, it isn't the case when you send clothing during that specific time. It also works with furniture :)

Back