• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Not true.

I've had them tell me a villager was leaving, and made the mistake of ignoring them, and they never left.

Then it must have been unlucky, but I?ve never ever had a villager staying when a rumor said it was leaving. And I?ve had quite some villagers moving in and out xD It might have been a one time glitch. But in general, a rumor confirms a moving out and doesn?t need confirmation with the villager itself.

Then it must have been unlucky, but I’ve never ever had a villager staying when a rumor said it was leaving. And I’ve had quite some villagers moving in and out xD It might have been a one time glitch. But in general, a rumor confirms a moving out and doesn’t need confirmation with the villager itself.

It's happened multiple times!
The only sure-fire way to make sure they actually leave, is to talk to them every day.

I leave my game on (with it plugged up to the charger) to collect the hours. Time travel day by day will get you the required days. That's how I got one of my towns to the 50/50 level so I could sell it and restart. Took a few days as opposed to a few weeks or months. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has come up with something better though since that method is a bit tedious.

Ty again to everyone who answered my previous question! I'm back again and it feels rather fitting since this is a question about moving, I've asked a similar one to this before but its slightly different.

So today I've had three different villagers inform me that Poppy is planning to move away & while I'm sad about it I'm also excited because this means I can get another dreamie. I've been trying to get her to ping me to inform me of the move for around 30 minutes with no luck. I've also tried just talking to her normally because sometimes they bring moving that way too. So I was wondering if on the day a villager has decided to move they don't bring it up until the next day or sometime after that? Or could it be because I have a special character in my town today. I have Pete so wasn't quite sure if this changed anything I've never really cared about moving villagers out before so I just wanted to see if anyone could claify this for me. :)

Ty again to everyone who answered my previous question! I'm back again and it feels rather fitting since this is a question about moving, I've asked a similar one to this before but its slightly different.

So today I've had three different villagers inform me that Poppy is planning to move away & while I'm sad about it I'm also excited because this means I can get another dreamie. I've been trying to get her to ping me to inform me of the move for around 30 minutes with no luck. I've also tried just talking to her normally because sometimes they bring moving that way too. So I was wondering if on the day a villager has decided to move they don't bring it up until the next day or sometime after that? Or could it be because I have a special character in my town today. I have Pete so wasn't quite sure if this changed anything I've never really cared about moving villagers out before so I just wanted to see if anyone could claify this for me. :)

Do you have an alt character? Sometimes they avoid pinging my mayor but ping alts right away since the friendship is lower. If not, it's a matter of waiting, she'll do it eventually. :)

You can also just save and quit, start up the game and try walking in front of that villagers to make him/her ping. If it doesn?t ping, quit and try again :)

I think I've gotten a letter from my "mom" maybe two or three times now, saying that she saw my house on display. Does that mean my house showed up in someone else's HH Showcase or is she just saying that?

I think I've gotten a letter from my "mom" maybe two or three times now, saying that she saw my house on display. Does that mean my house showed up in someone else's HH Showcase or is she just saying that?

It's random, just a way of the game to remind you that the showcase exists. :)

Can a tree grow next to a stump? I'm considering having two stumps next to each other. Just not sure if it's possible in a non-hacked town.

Can a tree grow next to a stump? I'm considering having two stumps next to each other. Just not sure if it's possible in a non-hacked town.

No. Because they are both trees. :(

WW allowed it, IIRC.

Only bushes can grow next to stumps. ^_^

Last edited:

You can't, stumps count as trees for all purposes. You can have bushes next to stumps though :)

Edit: sorry, didn't see this had been answered D:

Last edited:
Is there a way to grow the town tree fast, without hacking?

Other than time travelling, no. The town tree growth is based on how long you played the game.

How many ncp pictures can you get? And which ones?

You can obtain pictures of certain NPCs by scanning their Amiibo card.

Last edited:
Do you have to do anything in particular other than actually getting points for the HHA badges from Phineas? I got the bronze one when meeting the requirements earlier but I haven't gotten the silver and gold ones despite having apparently over 1 mil points and the gold outside pieces as well as HHA rewards?

I kept the rooms more or less as they were with exception of adding other theme items and such but eh..anyone know why or had the same experience?

Do you have to do anything in particular other than actually getting points for the HHA badges from Phineas? I got the bronze one when meeting the requirements earlier but I haven't gotten the silver and gold ones despite having apparently over 1 mil points and the gold outside pieces as well as HHA rewards?

I kept the rooms more or less as they were with exception of adding other theme items and such but eh..anyone know why or had the same experience?

Have you quit the theme challenge?
You must do that first, then you should get your other HHA prizes. ^_^

If you choose the mansion option for the house, do you really get more square foot space than say if you choose the cottage? :O

Last edited:
If you choose the mansion option for the house, do you really get more square foot space than say if you choose the cottage? :O

Cottage?

Each type of house can be made mansion size.
(Maxed out rooms).

Zen Castle, Castle, Fairytale, Modern, and Mansion.

Back