• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm new to using Amiibo cards, so I just wanted to clarify something: if I force a villager out (i.e. Marshal) by inviting another amiibo character in (since my town is full), can someone else then adopt that villager (Marshal)? I know they go in boxes the same day you invite another character to move in, but I just wanted to be sure he's able to be adopted out.

Yes, he should be able to be adopted. That's how most ciclying is done nowadays. :)

3 questions:

1. Is there a directory anywhere listing all wall/hanging furniture items? I know moridb has all furni items, but it doesn't categorize hanging items.

2. About cobblestone on the ground, around Re-Tail, town hall, train station, & the town tree: Is it possible there are any (unhacked) maps without this cobblestone in those areas?

3. I know 10 villagers is the max but can you go forever with only having 9? or is there no way to avoid a 10th move-in

Last edited:
Two questions:

1. Is there a directory anywhere listing all wall/hanging furniture items? I know moridb has all furni items, but it doesn't categorize hanging items.

2. About cobblestone on the ground, around Re-Tail, town hall, train station, & the town tree: Is it possible there are any (unhacked) maps without this cobblestone in those areas?
About last question, nope.

3 questions:

3. I know 10 villagers is the max but can you go forever with only having 9? or is there no way to avoid a 10th move-in

1. Sorry, I don't know if it existes.
2. No, the only way of having those without cobblestone is hacking.
3. You could technically if you never went online (so you wouldn't get anyone from the void) and never street-passed (same) and din't invite someone from the campsite. I believe it's possible. But who does that?

When you adopt a villager from someone else, do they tend to plot in the same place as the villager who left? I know if you kick them out with an amiibo, the amiibo villager likes to go in the same spot, but what about regular adoption? If I ever let a certain villager leave I would like the new one to be in the same spot.

I just came up with a second question, too:
No one has asked to move out in seven days - I don't remember ever going that long without someone asking before. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
If they have a villager that already moved out. If they're in boxes, they're still nothing the void, so it's safe.
Villagers that come from the campground or come when you have 8 or less villagers are game generated, they didn't come from the void. But if they move out later, they'll enter your void and thus can be passed to other towns if you go online/streetpass.

RV characater can be adopted if in a house in boxes, with the exception of Sanrio, Monster Hunter, Splatoon, and Zelda villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How near is "right next"? I believe Isabelle won't allow it unless there's a 3 or 4 tile space.
You can only get one PWP ping a day. If you got one you don't want, the only way to get other is time traveling.

Thanks for the help!

When you adopt a villager from someone else, do they tend to plot in the same place as the villager who left? I know if you kick them out with an amiibo, the amiibo villager likes to go in the same spot, but what about regular adoption? If I ever let a certain villager leave I would like the new one to be in the same spot.

I just came up with a second question, too:
No one has asked to move out in seven days - I don't remember ever going that long without someone asking before. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've adopted villagers from here on the forum and they plot on random places, if only they'd go in the same spaces... x) So I believe the "attraction" to previous houses only works with villagers you scan yourself.
7 days is a lot... are you sure no one's moving? Try to talk with everyone a lot, like 15 times each until they mention a rumor. If it's a neutral phrase (normal villagers would say "it's better to look into a rumor before you spread it", lazy will say "I bought too much xxx and now there's a rumor I have a world famous collection"), no one is moving. Better make sure! :)

I've adopted villagers from here on the forum and they plot on random places, if only they'd go in the same spaces... x) So I believe the "attraction" to previous houses only works with villagers you scan yourself.
7 days is a lot... are you sure no one's moving? Try to talk with everyone a lot, like 15 times each until they mention a rumor. If it's a neutral phrase (normal villagers would say "it's better to look into a rumor before you spread it", lazy will say "I bought too much xxx and now there's a rumor I have a world famous collection"), no one is moving. Better make sure! :)

Thank you! I was checking for rumors but I really don't think anyone was planning to move. Someone did ask me today, though, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Too bad about villager move-ins. I guess when the time comes I'll have to lay down a lot of patterns to help with plot resetting >.> At least that's better than how it was before the update.

Okay I recently got back into ACNL a few days ago after randomly going on and discovering the Welcome Amiibo update (yes, I know I'm very late xD) and I just wanted to clarify, can you get a villager back that moved out even though you haven't gone through the 16 villager cycle (it was 16, right? Correct me if I'm wrong)? I thought I heard that somewhere but I just wanted to make sure.
Like in my case, Phoebe moved out after I played around with time traveling too much, and I haven't gone through the cycle to get her back yet, but if I got her card (still not sure how exactly the cards work l-lol) would she be able to move in?

And another similar question related to that is like, would I be able to take her from someone else's town? Like, if they had her card and put her in boxes, would that work or not?

Sorry if I don't make any sense, this whole amiibo stuff confuses me but it also seems like such a handy and interesting mechanic. :')

Okay I recently got back into ACNL a few days ago after randomly going on and discovering the Welcome Amiibo update (yes, I know I'm very late xD) and I just wanted to clarify, can you get a villager back that moved out even though you haven't gone through the 16 villager cycle (it was 16, right? Correct me if I'm wrong)? I thought I heard that somewhere but I just wanted to make sure.
Like in my case, Phoebe moved out after I played around with time traveling too much, and I haven't gone through the cycle to get her back yet, but if I got her card (still not sure how exactly the cards work l-lol) would she be able to move in?

And another similar question related to that is like, would I be able to take her from someone else's town? Like, if they had her card and put her in boxes, would that work or not?

Sorry if I don't make any sense, this whole amiibo stuff confuses me but it also seems like such a handy and interesting mechanic. :')

If you have a new 3DS with the built-in amiibo reader (or a regular 3DS and the separate reader you can buy), you can scan a villager's card and they'll move in your town. You can ignore the 16 villager cycle this way. If someone else scans said villager into their town and puts them on boxes, you won't be able to adopt them unless you've been through the 16 villager cycle. :)
The forum has a lot of information on this, if you look around you'll find better explanations than mine. :)

If you have a new 3DS with the built-in amiibo reader (or a regular 3DS and the separate reader you can buy), you can scan a villager's card and they'll move in your town. You can ignore the 16 villager cycle this way. If someone else scans said villager into their town and puts them on boxes, you won't be able to adopt them unless you've been through the 16 villager cycle. :)
The forum has a lot of information on this, if you look around you'll find better explanations than mine. :)

Ah yeah I have the new 3DS XL, though I've honestly never understoof how amiibo anthing works. I've only taken an interest in it now since I got back into ACNL.
But no no this was great, you answered my questions perfectly, thank you so much!

Ah yeah I have the new 3DS XL, though I've honestly never understoof how amiibo anthing works. I've only taken an interest in it now since I got back into ACNL.
But no no this was great, you answered my questions perfectly, thank you so much!

I want to build a diagonal bridge here and Isabelle doesn't let me, why? :(
IMG_20170716_215717_BURST005.jpg

Last edited:
This is probably a common/ super newb question (and for that I apologize for that ;;) but today I went to someone's town to adopt a villager (Julia) and I was wondering how long it would take for her to move in? Would it be the next day or is it a few days?

About the bridge, sorry, I've never placed a diagonal one before, no idea.
About the adoption - you should look for the plot on the very next day! So better not forget to load the game with a new character if you intent to plot reset :)

About the bridge, sorry, I've never placed a diagonal one before, no idea.
About the adoption - you should look for the plot on the very next day! So better not forget to load the game with a new character if you intent to plot reset :)

Ah okay thanks so much again! It's been forever since I've had a new villager move in that I actually want so I wasn't sure. And I totally plan on plot resetting aha.

Also Mu? I'm not sure if this is right, but it seems that the other side of where you'd want to put the bridge is too narrow/small. That's my guess, at least.
If you really want to have a diagonal bridge, perhaps try the two corners of the 'U' shape your river makes?

When you sell your town and restart for a new one, is the train station upgrade still included in your pwps or do you have to have 100 visits to obtain it again?

Ah okay thanks so much again! It's been forever since I've had a new villager move in that I actually want so I wasn't sure. And I totally plan on plot resetting aha.

Also Mu? I'm not sure if this is right, but it seems that the other side of where you'd want to put the bridge is too narrow/small. That's my guess, at least.
If you really want to have a diagonal bridge, perhaps try the two corners of the 'U' shape your river makes?
Nah, I don't like that spot for a bridge, I wanted it to be a small private area with a tree gallery and a fountain in the South x.x

Nah, I don't like that spot for a bridge, I wanted it to be a small private area with a tree gallery and a fountain in the South x.x

Good luck finding a good spot for it, then! It's frustrating when little things/details in the game can get in your way

Back