Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I think a few of those like bridges/cafe/buildings and such doesn't count for perfect town status unless i'm completely off... so you need to have actual non-office stuff and such for it to count.

Anyways, try removing something random you can remove and/or plant more greenery until she is satisfied :p

Last edited:
Zombieroulette, is your town clear of anything laying around on the ground? Including fruits, furniture, weeds? It sounds like you're doing everything else right? My experience in the two towns I achieved Perfect Status didn't fit with the guidelines I found on the internet at all. I had well fewer than 100 trees (one town had only 78 trees and got Perfect Status) and 15 pwps in the town itself. It's possible in your case that the number of trees and flowers could be throwing the balance between nature and development off. That's all I can think of. Make small adjustments to greenery each in-game day and go talk to Canela the next day to see if she says anything different.

Thank you so much, sheila and ravenblue for your help! :)

ravenblue, I don't have any furniture, fruits, or weeds anywhere... I barely have any space left, with all the flowers and the tiles I used to make paths around the town! Judging by your experience, this isn't exact science so maybe the 110-200 trees rule isn't very reliable... I guess the problem must be the trees...? I'll take your advice and try making little adjustments day by day, let's hope for the best!! Thank you again!!

I wasn't sure whether this would be the correct place to ask this question, but here it goes:

If anyone has experience using the NFC Scanner to use amiibo on the older 2DS and 3DS consoles, if you have more than one 3DS, are you able to use it for all of your consoles or is it linked to just one? I remember reading something a long while ago that you have to delete save data or whatever on the scanner if you were to sell it but I think that had more to do with games like Super Smash Bros.

Bumping this so it doesn't go unanswered.

I'm also wondering whether you can engage in the Toy Day festivities while someone is visiting your town or if having the gates open changes things like how snowballs don't spawn or Cyrus is asleep.

Edit: For anyone else who may have been curious about the Toy Day question, you can in fact visit someone's town or have someone visit yours on Toy Day without it interrupting the event.

Last edited:
1. So I had 10 villagers but one just moved out. Am I stuck with 9 until a Camper I like rolls around, or someone on here sells/gives me a villager I like?

2. If I am stuck with 9 for the time being, will other villagers ping to move, or does that only happen when you have 10?

1. So I had 10 villagers but one just moved out. Am I stuck with 9 until a Camper I like rolls around, or someone on here sells/gives me a villager I like?

2. If I am stuck with 9 for the time being, will other villagers ping to move, or does that only happen when you have 10?

1. That's right, if you don't adopt from the campsite or someone else or get a voided villager from playing online, you'll keep having 9 forever.
2. They can ping to move. If you say yes and they go, you'll get a random new 9th villager a while after though, if you don't adopt/get a void first. :)

1. 9 is the default, so unless you get a villager from someone here or the campsite or thru scanning an amiibo you will only have 9 villagers in your town. they won't move in unless you specifically ask them to.
2. Other villagers WILL ping to move but once the villager has moved out a new 9th one will move in shortly.

i.e., if you ever have only 8 villagers expect a new one soon, but if you have 9 villagers don't expect a new one soon unless you have done one of those 3 methods in number 1 !

Thanks for the answers, guys! :)

I have a bit of a follow-up question. I know that people mentioned Amiibo villagers are much less likely to move out than their non-Amiibo counterparts. Does this hold true for Amiibo villagers you adopt (I got my Tybalt from another user on here who kicked him by scanning a different Amiibo card), or is that behavior only for villagers you scan in yourself?

My q is how many flowers spawn on their own a day (hybrid or otherwise), like is there a max ? and when villagers do that thinking emotion and plop a flower down does that count as one of the spaws or is that completely different lol i'm completely clueless when it comes to flowers

My q is how many flowers spawn on their own a day (hybrid or otherwise), like is there a max ? and when villagers do that thinking emotion and plop a flower down does that count as one of the spaws or is that completely different lol i'm completely clueless when it comes to flowers

flower spawns are completely random, but i've gotten as many as six for one day :) when villagers plant flowers, that doesn't count as a newly spawned flower.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks for the answers, guys! :)

I have a bit of a follow-up question. I know that people mentioned Amiibo villagers are much less likely to move out than their non-Amiibo counterparts. Does this hold true for Amiibo villagers you adopt (I got my Tybalt from another user on here who kicked him by scanning a different Amiibo card), or is that behavior only for villagers you scan in yourself?

adopted villagers, whether they were scanned in from a card in their previous torn or not, act like normal, non-amiibo villagers
hope that helps!!

flower spawns are completely random, but i've gotten as many as six for one day :) when villagers plant flowers, that doesn't count as a newly spawned flower.

ayy cheers thank you for your response !! :)

Is it ok to plant a tree or bush right next to retail? Or does it need to be two spaces away?

Does anyone know if you can get a PWP suggestion, time travel a day forward, time travel a day back and get another PWP suggestion? :confused: I know you can only get one a day but I'm curious if the TTing resets that in some way.

Hi everyone! I?m new here so bear with me. I have two questions:

1. I visited someone?s town because I needed a bug net. The host gave me an infinite fruit basket and didn?t know it was a hacked item. I?m worried that:

(A) it will affect my game. Will it?
(B) I don?t want to use it, how do I get rid of it?

2. I?m going on holiday to a country with a different time zone. Will I be able to adjust my ACNL time too without affecting my gameplay? I?ll be abroad for Toy Day so it would be ideal to be able to set my ACNL on the time zone I?m on.

Thanks for the help!

-MayorBastet-

Does anyone know if you can get a PWP suggestion, time travel a day forward, time travel a day back and get another PWP suggestion? :confused: I know you can only get one a day but I'm curious if the TTing resets that in some way.

Yes it will work. But there are limits. You can get a pwp and then time travel a day ahead and possibly get another one. If you time travel back though, it needs to be more than 24 hours that you're going back. You can say change just the date, because when you go back you'll still be in that 24 hour time frame.

If you don't want the fruit basket, you can probably throw it in a trashcan. Either buy a trashcan at the Nooks or build a trashcan pwp. That should work? I don't know to be honest, as I don't have those.

Hi everyone! I’m new here so bear with me. I have two questions:

1. I visited someone’s town because I needed a bug net. The host gave me an infinite fruit basket and didn’t know it was a hacked item. I’m worried that:

(B) I don’t want to use it, how do I get rid of it?

2. I’m going on holiday to a country with a different time zone. Will I be able to adjust my ACNL time too without affecting my gameplay? I’ll be abroad for Toy Day so it would be ideal to be able to set my ACNL on the time zone I’m on.

Thanks for the help!

-MayorBastet-

It'd be better to get rid of it, just in case. Sell it to Reese or throw it on the trash can if you have one.
You can change the time and date with Isabelle, but take notice that going further than 6 am will count as time traveling one day forward. So speak with all your villager to find one if anyone's moving. It might be better to adjust the game to the new timezone before you travel, at home, so you can check those things with more ease. :)

Hi everyone! I’m new here so bear with me. I have two questions:

1. I visited someone’s town because I needed a bug net. The host gave me an infinite fruit basket and didn’t know it was a hacked item. I’m worried that:

(B) I don’t want to use it, how do I get rid of it?

2. I’m going on holiday to a country with a different time zone. Will I be able to adjust my ACNL time too without affecting my gameplay? I’ll be abroad for Toy Day so it would be ideal to be able to set my ACNL on the time zone I’m on.

Thanks for the help!

-MayorBastet-

I wouldn't put it in the trash, as if it's a seed, it may brick your game.
See if Reese takes it (as a rubbish item).

Last edited:
Would selling an infinite basket be possible? I thought the reason it was infinite was because you could just keep selling it without it being removed. I mean, I never used cheats like this, so I'm kind of misinformed.

Would selling an infinite basket be possible? I thought the reason it was infinite was because you could just keep selling it without it being removed. I mean, I never used cheats like this, so I'm kind of misinformed.

No, it's not possible. To get rid of an infinite basket, take out one fruit, and put it back into the basket. The basket will break and turn into one regular perfect fruit. Either that, or you can toss it in the garbage can PWP or item.

Back