• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I am adopting out one of my villagers who is currently in boxes. Is it possible to time travel back a couple hours within that same day to keep the day from switching over and make sure he stays in boxes (ie, doesn't move yet) until said person can come to my town to get him? o: (For example, time traveling back from 10 pm to 10 am that same day.)

I'm still really new to the concept of time traveling asdfghjkl.​
Yep, you can keep someone in boxes indefinitely by just TTing back within the same day. Just don't pass 6am in either direction and the game will think it's the same day.

I don't know how long you need to hold the villager, but it's also good to note that the game doesn't register time passing unless you actually load it up. So you could potentially leave the game alone for a day or ten, then first thing when you start it up again, change the date back to the last day you played, and the villager will still be there in boxes.

Last edited:
Yep, you can keep someone in boxes indefinitely by just TTing back within the same day. Just don't pass 6am in either direction and the game will think it's the same day.

I don't know how long you need to hold the villager, but it's also good to note that the game doesn't register time passing unless you actually load it up. So you could potentially leave the game alone for a day or ten, then first thing when you start it up again, change the date back to the last day you played, and the villager will still be there in boxes.

Fantastic, that's exactly what I'd hoped for. Thank you so much! c:

Last edited:
From the Animal Crossing wiki....:
To use him, four conditions must be met:
  • 100,000 Bells worth of items have been sold to Reese.
  • 50 pieces of furniture have been cataloged (found at the Nookling Stores).
  • 10 pieces of clothing cataloged (from the Able Sisters).
  • The player has played for seven days.

Doesn't look like it, sorry :/

From the Animal Crossing wiki....:
To use him, four conditions must be met:
  • 100,000 Bells worth of items have been sold to Reese.
  • 50 pieces of furniture have been cataloged (found at the Nookling Stores).
  • 10 pieces of clothing cataloged (from the Able Sisters).
  • The player has played for seven days.

Doesn't look like it, sorry :/

Isn't wallpaper and flooring under the furniture category though, both in the game's catalog and MoriDB? To the person that asked this question, I actually think yes.

Do inactive lost items (like say I have a book that I picked up and put back down outside after it stopped being a lost item) make it so future lost items won't spawn?

Isn't wallpaper and flooring under the furniture category though, both in the game's catalog and MoriDB? To the person that asked this question, I actually think yes.

It was 3 in the morning when I posted XD Sorry, yeah, you're right.

Anyways, I didn't even think of that...

Do inactive lost items (like say I have a book that I picked up and put back down outside after it stopped being a lost item) make it so future lost items won't spawn?

I don't think so...I have a pouch outside I left out there on purpose, and I still found more lost items.

Last edited:
Does time traveling affect Gracie's fashion checks? o:

Say I completed one of her fashion checks and then later that same day TTed back a couple of hours, to earlier in the morning before I had completed the fashion check. Will the game still register that I completed the fashion check? o:​

I don't think so...I have a pouch outside I left out there on purpose, and I still found more lost items.

Thank you!

Say I completed one of her fashion checks and then later that same day TTed back a couple of hours, to earlier in the morning before I had completed the fashion check. Will the game still register that I completed the fashion check? o:​

Yep, it'll still register it so long as you don't pass 6am either way.

1. I went in gracies today for the first time since the sale started. Two of the clothing items are sold out, the two furthest left. What were they?!

2. I planted some perfect pears and they grew into normal pears.. is it because they were from someone else's town?

Thanks!

1) The clothing items are different for me every day. I assumed they were random.
2) Yes, you can't grow perfect fruit that is not your native fruit.

It'll still register that you have. You can still complete them all in one day, though, either by using all 4 characters, or by TT-ing back to the previous day and then forward to where Gracie is. (Beware of villagers moving, though). I'm pretty sure anyway. I haven't done it myself, but there have been threads about it going around recently.

Thanks for the help! So what, if cherries are my native fruit I can't have any other types of perfect fruit in my town? I swear I've seen towns with all different sorts of perfect fruit?

Thanks for the help! So what, if cherries are my native fruit I can't have any other types of perfect fruit in my town? I swear I've seen towns with all different sorts of perfect fruit?

you can show them in baskets but if they're not your native fruit, theres no way you can plant other perfect fruits trees

you can show them in baskets but if they're not your native fruit, theres no way you can plant other perfect fruits trees

Really? The way I thought it worked is that as long as you had a normal pear tree in your town, you could grow perfect pears even if they weren't your native fruit?

Back