• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia IV: Red Revolution [Game Over/Mafia Win]

I find it somewhat unnerving that Superpenguin dropped the argument so quickly after Tom suggested him for the Day 1 lynch. However, he could just have been getting annoyed with it. Opinions, folks?

Yes, in fact last night right before I went to bed, I was thinking to myself how it was strange that he dropped the argument and pointed out someone as a possible lynch candidate.

But, I found something else peculiar! The last hour (before posting this), I've been skimming through the election pages of TBT Mafia's 2 & 3, and I found he wasn't as aggressive during either of those elections. Yes, he did ask people why they voted, but he ended it there; He didn't continue to tell people their reasons were weak. Of course, one explanation for his behavior is that he's running for mayor, so naturally he'll question people's votes for another candidate?But wait! He posted this yesterday:
I honestly don't give a **** if I am elected or not. I'll still continue to tear through a person's posts as I am not going to let discussion be empty from this thread.

So some of you may think he just wants to get discussions started, and that's why he's being aggressive. I get that, but what I don't get is why he's even running for mayor? He said he doesn't give a **** if he's elected, and he said would continue tearing through posts wether he was running or not, so... I ask: Why are you running for mayor?

I've been skimming through the election pages of TBT Mafia's 2 & 3, and I found he wasn't as aggressive during either of those elections.

Game II, I was town and I wasn't aggressively campaigning for myself. However, I was actually really pushing for Kayla's election, maybe not as aggressively as I am being in this game, but still that was my first time paying mafia. Game III, I was mafia, I didn't want to draw attention to myself so I avoided the election and went with the easy vote for Karla to avoid being seen as suspicious.

Lunatic said:
So some of you may think he just wants to get discussions started, and that's why he's being aggressive. I get that, but what I don't get is why he's even running for mayor? He said he doesn't give a **** if he's elected, and he said would continue tearing through posts wether he was running or not, so... I ask: Why are you running for mayor?

Cause I would like that protection that comes with being mayor. Plus, you have all proven in past games that you are willing to privately discuss things with an elected role more than a regular player. I know my role, and most of you do follow the electeds around like sheep, and I believe if you're going to do that, at least follow someone like me.

I decided to put my vote in for Tina.
Her view on the town and how things should run in order for our town's victory seems to be similar to how I see things fit. She really impressed me in Mafia III with her strategies, her leadership, and how she went about doing things without hesitation. I also like that Tina chose selflessness when she was asked by BlueLeaf which of the virtues did she value most of the given. Selflessness stood out the most to me when I was thinking about what I'd like to see in a mayor. She seems quite closed off and independent, yet still open enough to listen to opinions, discussions, and concerns.

Tina also has ten minutes to vote before she gets modkilled. So unless you guys want to play the rest of this game without a Mayor, I suggest you all consider switching your votes to anyone else.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Tina didn't vote and got modkilled?

I'm here! I just made a long post and then stupidly closed the tab. :rolleyes: So I'll keep this one short and sweet:

I'd love to do the easy thing and vote for myself but then I remembered that, in Mafia III, I voted myself for the Day 4 lynch so that my vote would be of no help whatsoever to town. So I realised that, in case of my death, I should vote for another candidate.

I feel Superpenguin is the most dangerous of the candidates and that his posting style is going to discourage the very people I want to see speaking up: those who are afraid to talk. I ruled him out first.

I was torn between LaurinaMN and oath2order.

While Oath pointed out some similarities in our campaigns we disagreed on a major point: how much the town should trust other players. He believes in building trust while I believe that this is the most likely way to make town crumble.

Laurina and I seem to think along the same lines. More than that, her posts in Mafia III often picked up on pieces of evidence I overlooked. If there were two elected roles in this game I'd want to work with her most of the other three candidates: so this seals my vote for her.​

Tina has been elected to lead the revolution as Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.

A random Revolutionary has been promoted to Bodyguard.

pallycake receives a warning for not voting.

Tina also has ten minutes to vote before she gets modkilled. So unless you guys want to play the rest of this game without a Mayor, I suggest you all consider switching your votes to anyone else.

Seriously?

Well. Despite the disagreements I have had with you, Superpenguin, I will vote for you because you're very experienced in this game, therefore I can see you leading us as a mayor pretty decently. My final vote, I guess?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nevermind.

Alright, town. Let's work together to find someone to lynch. Just because Tina was elected does not mean the whole lynch is on her shoulders. One thing I hated about last game was that I never promised to get a good day one lynch, and then no one brought ideas to the table, and then blamed me afterwards for being a bad mayor. It being the Day One lynch, and that I had no idea I would only have 5 hours to prepare (4 of which I was busy), it wasn't quite fair. In order to make Tina's job not as difficult, let's bring some suspicions to the table. Really, I'm pretty sure we're all open to throwing around names without any kind of strong evidence.

Tina has been elected to lead the revolution as Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.

Thank you for the opportunity and sorry for worrying the folk in the IRC. ;) Now, let's get down to business.

I've been chatting with a group of four of our strongest players. They can choose whether or not they wish to reveal themselves right now.

We've not much evidence to go on at present but two names have arisen:

Mary:
  • playing similarly to how she played as a mafia member in Mafia I + II
  • is posting less in this game than in previous games
  • role-claimed townie
  • is posing as a distraction for town

FireNinja1
  • jumping on bandwagons:
    (1) pushing Mary for the lynch;
    (2) voting Tina for mayor between 2:25AM-2:51AM GMT: he was the fourth of five people who did this;
    (3) attacking Superpenguin as hostile immediately (within ten minutes) of several other players saying them same

We have just under two and a half hours to decide on this lynch together otherwise I'm deciding for us. If you've another possible suspect in mind name them now. Mary and FireNinja1, please defend yourselves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mary:
  • playing similarly to how she played as a mafia member in Mafia I + II
  • is posting less in this game than in Mafia I
  • role-claimed townie
  • is posing as a distraction for town

Corrected.

Okay, I know my playstyle is stupid, and all, but I voted for SP for the same exact reasons that a lot of people that voted for Tina said.
Here's why:
I was expecting people, specifically SP, to rip apart my post, and then question me about it.
Obviously, he didn't. But, this is because it was a vote for him, right?
In my opinion, people should question others voting for them.
As I said above, my playstyle is stupid, but I would question people that vote for me, if anybody.
This is so because I would want to know if they were framing me as being Mafia by voting for me, and being the one of the few people voting for me, that might cast suspicions over the both of us, specifically whoever voted for me.
As I had school, I wasn't on to change my vote, as I wanted to.
But, whatever, just pointing this out, and that I somewhat suspect SP right now.

Blu rose, what the hell are you talking about? You explained your vote for me just like every other player should feel the obligation to.

*cough* So does SP *cough*

Anyways, I think I'm going to vote for SuperPenguin. Although I questioned him myself, I think he is the most actively involved person, and he makes strong, valid points and isn't brushing off suspicions of himself.

Then tell us who you were going to switch your vote to. Cause right now it seems like you are convinced I am mafia, and if I do end up flipping red, you're worried that all suspicion will fall on you since you voted for me.

Okay, I know my playstyle is stupid, and all, but I voted for SP for the same exact reasons that a lot of people that voted for Tina said.
Here's why:
I was expecting people, specifically SP, to rip apart my post, and then question me about it.
Obviously, he didn't. But, this is because it was a vote for him, right?
In my opinion, people should question others voting for them.
As I said above, my playstyle is stupid, but I would question people that vote for me, if anybody.
This is so because I would want to know if they were framing me as being Mafia by voting for me, and being the one of the few people voting for me, that might cast suspicions over the both of us, specifically whoever voted for me.
As I had school, I wasn't on to change my vote, as I wanted to.
But, whatever, just pointing this out, and that I somewhat suspect SP right now.

No, I think (indirectly) that you're on the right track Blu Rose. Don't put yourself down all the time. You were scolded about that in Mafia III, remember? Have more confidence in your opinions.

I agree that that we've reason to suspect Superpenguin but using the first lynch on him is far too big a risk. If he's town then it'll be a loss to us if he dies. Rather, I recommend that a DT should inspect him the first night.

However, this does lead onto a very important point: it's likely that someone on the list of SP voters is mafia. When I was scum in Mafia III we spread our seven votes out over four candidates like so:

Tina (in Mafia III scum chat) said:
(1) Karla - Nick & Oath
(2) River - Horus
(3) Trundle - Harry, SlaughterShy, & me
(4) Laurina - Lynn

So, who voted for SP? I think this list will be worth us looking over during day 2.

Mayoral Candidate Voting Results said:
Superpenguin (5)
oath2order
Blu Rose
Trundle
Dolby
Farobi

Here is my defense.
I will attempt to explain everything if I can, please tell me if I am unclear.

Voting for Oath early.
I was worried I would forget to vote. My world is crazy right now and my memory kinda sucks. I had the intent of changing it later if I saw fit, but saw no harm in getting my opinion out there.
Less Posts
I realized I was becoming a distraction unintentionally and left. Stupid move on my part, of course my abscence would be distracting as well, and my apologies to all former mayoral candidates.

Style of gameplay
I am used to playing more low-key mafia games with close friends. I am not used to the intensity of forum games. I am trying my best to adapt, so please bear with me.

Roleclaiming
undoubtedly, this is what aroused the most suspicion on my part. As a townie, I feel disposable. I roleclaimed because I felt it was the only option for me.

Also, I would like to point out that I was mafia in game one, and Justin was not. In fact, until that point, we had been thinking of killing him.

Alright, here goes my defense:

In Mafia I, where I was lynched Day 7 as an Underling, I made 24 posts on Day 1. Many of those were just jumping on what others said. How many have I made now? What, like three or something like that? As for the Tina bandwagon: I wasn't even aware of the timing of the votes. I merely opened the thread, cast my vote, and left. I also would like to point out that I never pointed fingers in I. I did in III, where I was a Townie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright, here goes my defense:

In Mafia I, where I was lynched Day 7 as an Underling, I made 24 posts on Day 1. Many of those were just jumping on what others said. How many have I made now? What, like three or something like that? As for the Tina bandwagon: I wasn't even aware of the timing of the votes. I merely opened the thread, cast my vote, and left. I also would like to point out that I never pointed fingers in I. I did in III, where I was a Townie.
Minor correction. Nothing new.

Made vote but I feel really nauseous right now so I'll explain why in a little bit. I also have a plan for night actions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh frig.

7doTpn5.jpg

Night 1

During the party meeting, the Bolsheviks voted overwhelmingly to choose Tina to lead them in this glorious revolution. Tina seized this moment to purge one member who it seemed had fallen out of favour.

Mary's hands were bound as she was led to the basement. Her identity was quickly verified before she was pushed into a grey room. Forced to her knees, she heard a person enter the room behind her. They aimed the pistol, and shot Mary through the head.

Mary the Bodyguard was executed.

Night will last 24 hours or until all actions are in. White Russian KP = 3.

This is stupid. Mary you should have been more responsible. :/ You should have seriously read your PMs and done what was needed to keep yourself alive.

Blu rose, what the hell are you talking about? You explained your vote for me just like every other player should feel the obligation to.

Then tell us who you were going to switch your vote to. Cause right now it seems like you are convinced I am mafia, and if I do end up flipping red, you're worried that all suspicion will fall on you since you voted for me.

I wasn't directly accusing you of being Mafia, even with the little sentence at the end. I am not too worried of you dying and turning up red, and thus suspicions falling on me, as four other people voted for you, I was more suspecting that you'd tear up my post, then demand an explanation of it, and I would explain, causing more votes to fall on you.

I was going to vote for Tina, but school came up, and SP didn't tear apart my post, and I was going to change it, but wasn't there.

Polite goodbye post:
I did. Actually, I just told Tina when I was told.

Whoopsies...

Bye guys!

Back