• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Acquires Monolith Soft

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Judging by a Japanese report, Nintendo has acquired Monolith Soft, the developer of Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga. Previously being owned by Namco, Nintendo is now the majority share-holder at 80%. Monolith Soft is also developing Disaster: Day Of Crisis.

What do you guys think will come out of this deal? Though Namco still owns the license to both Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga, I doubt they shall keep the former... they're probably going to sell it off to Nintendo. Xenosaga, however, is more likely to stay with Namco, though it's highly possible that a game in the series will appear on the Wii.

Boo, are you guys allergic to in-depth topics?

While baten kiatows was a good game... the dialog is some of the worst and slowest moving out of any game3 I have played.... honestly I just couldn't stand it....

:p

Though does this point to Nintendo wanting to develop more RPG like games?

Bul is like a newspaper boy for TBT on all stuff Nintnedo. -claps-

Back