• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Void Question

yiesha

Have a heart
Bells
Silver Mailbox
Hi nice people ^_^

I am still abit confused over this void villagers things going on...
Lets say, I have 10 villagers, 1 of the villagers I voided.
So I left with 9.
Then, I adopted 1 more villagers /from camp/etc.
So I am at 10 again.
Then I go to my friend town.
Will she still get the villager I voided?
I just want to prepare this since I have this super unwanted villager, me and my friends dont like.
I dont want any of them got them accidentally.

Thank you very much for your kind reply~

Unless I'm mistaken, yes, your void villager is still floating around and may settle down in any village you interact with.

However, if your friend's village is full, they won't attempt to move there.

Unless I'm mistaken, yes, your void villager is still floating around and may settle down in any village you interact with.

However, if your friend's village is full, they won't attempt to move there.

This means, until I go to town with 10 people, they will still float is it?
Ok. I'll keep this in my mind.

Thank you so much!! :D

From what I understand, villagers remain in your "void pool" until one of them gets passed to someone (through either wifi or SP), then the pool gets cleared. So yeah, if your friend has nine villagers and you connect with them, they will almost definitely get your villager. To avoid this just don't connect with your friend until they invite a tenth villager in.

I don't know what happen to my game, lucky I would say :

Pate is a void villager from my bro town, even though I only have 9 villagers, he never move in. Just appearing at my main street everyday.
Whew .....

But the weird thing is, Bettina, which move from my bro town, with me for a couple of weeks, suddenly appear at my brother main street!

I panic. On my game and she's still in my town. -. - ll

Really doesn't understand how the void thing actually works .....

I had a space in my town and was actually hoping to get my friend's Queenie she had voided. It had been several days since she moved out. She hadn't streetpassed anyone or visited anyone's town, but I did not receive Queenie, so I'm not sure how long they stay in the void, but it's not guaranteed you'll pass them on, I guess. :)

If you streetpass with your friend, who has 9 villagers, then the voided villager will move into your friend's home.

I have heard though that if you have a voided villager(s), and the someone who has less than 10 villagers goes to your town via local wireless or the internet, that person can pick up a voided villager.

^ That's true. I don't have a campsite and rarely get streetpass hits so every time I've had a tenth villager it's been from wifi via void. They even state the town they've come from.

Also, someone else got my voided Mallary once (and came back to complain... whoops)

Regarding the Malllary incident, I had previously visited another town with ten villagers because at the time people were saying you could "dump" voided villagers that way. It seems that's not the case, they will NOT be gone for good unless they've been sent to some victim's er, friend's town.

My two cents... if you have 9 villagers, and you don't want a random move-in, it's just dangerous streetpassing or doing any kind of wifi (either visiting other towns, or having guests). I've heard so many different stories... I've even read on here a few weeks ago of how someone got another person's voided villager that moved out several villagers ago! And of course, that 10th villager is sometimes the hardest to cycle out. So, it just depends on your comfort level. Myself, I just keep that wifi button completely off when I'm down to 9 villagers. I just don't want to chance it.

But technically, that would make cycling towns dangerous. There are definitely villagers that are voided when no one wants to claim them, so if you had nine villagers and went to a cycling town to pick up a new villager in boxes, you're definitely running the risk of picking up a voided villager that way.

But technically, that would make cycling towns dangerous. There are definitely villagers that are voided when no one wants to claim them, so if you had nine villagers and went to a cycling town to pick up a new villager in boxes, you're definitely running the risk of picking up a voided villager that way.
No, you would just get the villager you're inviting. Invited villagers always take priority over voided ones

No, you would just get the villager you're inviting. Invited villagers always take priority over voided ones

I've heard certain instances where that isn't true. Something about talking to an invited villager but there is no prompt for them to be invited to your town.

I had that happen twice. Once to me and once a friend getting a villager from me. turned out that she had a plot show up the next morning of someone else. it wasn't a voided character, just a random move in. In my case I had a boxed villager I went to speak with in another town and the same thing. When I went back and forwarded a day to see what was going on, I had a new plot that wasn't a void either. I think even the void is on a random number generator. It is the only way things happen differently. That or we are misinterpreting the things that happen.

Time traveling while a villager is in the process in moving in from an invite (meaning they have not yet put down a plot) can definitely mess up the outcome. I remember asking Cherry to move in; she said yes. I time travelled forward to get someone else out, and waited for Cherry. She hadn't put down her plot yet, but I got another request and also invited in Sprinkle (I had 8 villagers at the time, so it worked). When I later checked, Sprinkle moved in, but Cherry was nowhere to be seen. I time travelled for a surprisingly long time, and then Pashmina moved in. Looks like Cherry was gone forever. This happened a long time ago, and that is why in my new town, (where I have Cherry :) ) I don't really tt at all.

Back