• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

GC Memory card Nintendo gift?

Squeaky

Bells
New Horizons Token
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I purchased a copy of AC GC from a thrift store recently (although I already had just the disc). It had the AC exclusive memory card and was in pretty much mint condition. I loaded up and played it today and I had the letter from Nintendo with KK Love Song, Balloon Fight, and Pinball... does that mean the game was never played? Or do you get the letter even if it's a new file? The memory card was empty.

5kshdWD.jpg

Pretty cool if I got a basically brand new copy of AC :)

Last edited:
Old post, but there's extra data in the memory card that's 1 block. So if you delete your town and make a new one, you will always get that gift.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's brand new; the previous owner probably deleted the town.

Ah, I see :O I wanted to restart cause my face is horrifying (the guide I used was wrong) ... thanks for letting me know :)

This makes me wanna start playing animal crossing on my old gamecube again

Same here.

Also, a cool thing... When you first start playing the game (the first time it's ever been played and if its the AC memory card), you get The Legend of Zelda NES game sitting in your house :D

The NES games are just plain cool though. That's the whole reason I bought eReader cards too xD

Last edited:
Also, a cool thing... When you first start playing the game (the first time it's ever been played and if its the AC memory card), you get The Legend of Zelda NES game sitting in your house :D

That's not true. The Legend of Zelda can only be unlocked with a cheating device like Action Replay.

That's not true. The Legend of Zelda can only be unlocked with a cheating device like Action Replay.

Well that's how I got my Zelda one... It was in the game when I started it.

Oh wait.. I bought the game second hand. Previous owner probably left it in there xD

Last edited:
Back