• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Playstation Home

DSCUBER9000

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Introducing "Playstation Home", what Sony hopes will sell some systems.

What is Home? Think of it as a combination of Mii Avatars, The Sims, and Achievement Points. Basically, you create your own character to represent yourself. Then you can go online with your character and talk with other characters. Or you can create an Apartment Space. You can play music on a Virtual Stereo (via Hard-Drive) and play movies on Virtual TVs taking videos (via Hard-Drive). After meeting people at Home, you can play them in games. You can collect trophies from games (like achievement points) and display them in your house.

Overall, I'd rather play The Sims 2... but nice thinking, Sony. At least this isn't the complete Mii copy that was rumored a while ago...

Sounds like a way more advanced Mii System D:

Sounds awesome tho.

who says animal crossing wont meet mii?

:p

I have to say it is a good move by Sony, it isn't anything new but sometimes thte best things are a recombination of old things. Like Wow wasn't anything new, Blizzard just recombined a lot of good old things for it.

I still don't want a PS#, I'll wait 4 years for the 120$ model

When I first saw the Miis, I was like "omg this is so dumb--these characters look like they're made out of a little kid's geometric toy blocks." But then I got used to them "omg fap fap fap but it has so many polygons fap fap fap".

It isn't until this very moment that I realize just how pathetic Miis are. They do not allow for enough customization to make you truly unique. A Mii's likeness is hit or miss depending on if you share some of the features in the pre-determined face and hair attributes--most of which are completely un-human-like. Everyone of the same gender group's clothes is shaped the same and is restricted to one solid color.

I'm just gonna stop there. Once again,
Nintendo: You have just been PWNED!!! *pretends that "pwned" is written in glittergraphics*

It seems that The PS3's golden opportunity has appeared.

yeah... the thing is PS3's thing isn't out yet, and updating miis to be better is as easy as PS3 making the whole home thing... if not easier because something else is already in place

Back